Celts vs Bucks - Round 2, Game 7 - Pregame Thoughts

4 posters

Go down

Celts vs Bucks - Round 2, Game 7 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Celts vs Bucks - Round 2, Game 7 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Sun May 15, 2022 11:07 am

Top of the morning to all of you amazing Celtics fans!

Here we are again nervously waiting for our 3:30 tipoff. I am always filled with excitement and nervousness before every Celtics game but a series defining game 7 is a special treat for all of us.

This will be our 11th game this season vs the Bucks. They know who we are and we know who they are.

We have traveled over a road inhibited by potholes and other assortments of debris to get us to this moment in time.

The Celtics have taken the best that the Bucks can serve up. However we must not get lulled into a false sense of security of imagining another scintillating 46 point performance from Jayson Tatum. If there is one dynamic at play, it may be the diverse nature of the Celtics as it relates to who will carry the torch from game to game. With the Bucks it is all about Giannis. As long as the Celtics stay engaged with the other guys, I see no good reason why we will not come away with a game 7 win.

We win by doing more of the good things and less of the bad things. Defend at a high level all over the court. Make Giannis work his ass off for every inch of space. Limit their transition offense by not turning over the ball and by getting back quicker than they can get up. Do not get bullied on the glass. Rebounding is and always has been an exercise in proper positioning. Play fast on offense but do not hurry. Read the defense and attack it. Keep-the-ball-moving. Make them defend all over the court. Knock down you free throw gifts at the line. Do not rely solely on your ability to take and make 3 point shots.

I am certain that if we play the right way we will win this game.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celts vs Bucks - Round 2, Game 7 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts vs Bucks - Round 2, Game 7 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by bobc33 Sun May 15, 2022 1:22 pm

All good points dboss. I’d add staying out of foul trouble will be important for us. If the refs call it tight and our Giannis defenders get in early foul trouble we may have a problem.

Back to top Go down

Celts vs Bucks - Round 2, Game 7 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts vs Bucks - Round 2, Game 7 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by prakash Sun May 15, 2022 2:26 pm

Go Celts!  Just fight all the way and let the winner win.  So looking forward to this game.

Last edited by prakash on Sun May 15, 2022 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun May 15, 2022 2:53 pm

Rob is back!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun May 15, 2022 4:13 pm

Great news on RWIII. Pretty much had to put him in if even for a few minutes. Crowd will love that. Come off the bench, maybe?

There are no promises in G7's. I'm still bitter about the one of the more recent ones in 2010.

More good news is Giannis has finally been getting called on all the barreling through the lanes unscathed. Hopefully he will get in foul trouble.

But dboss, you're right. Just play our game as of late. Lockdown D, keep the ball moving and if the 3 ain't falling early and often, drive to the basket and get those two goons in foul trouble.

I am just going to find it hard to swallow if we've come all this distance, swept BKN so MIL didn't have to play them first round, have home court advantage back in our hands only to blow G7. I'm just not seein' it. Especially after what Ime said about why Boston did what they did last game of the season to set up this G7. They weren't going to get any better than 2nd so when they get to the ECF, MIA is waiting for them in MIA.

For all the marbles...!!! Go Celtics!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down