tjmakz
sinus007
beat
bobheckler
12 posters

Go down

Hollinger picks the HEAT Empty Hollinger picks the HEAT

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:06 pm

John Hollinger gives the Miami HEAT the best odds of winning the championship this season. He also gives New Orleans the nod to be in the Finals over LA. Apparently our two decisive victories over Miami already this season, meaning that we are guaranteed no less than a tie in any head-to-head tiebreakers, doesn't matter to his highly sophisticated and complex statistical analysis (wake up and smell the sarcasm). What a turd.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Hollinger picks the HEAT Empty Re: Hollinger picks the HEAT

Post by beat Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm

the other side of the hallway at ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

glad to know that there is a little sense in Bristol!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi,
This stuff with Hollinger and some other "experts" reminds me of a very old story.
Once upon a time a lion walks along a river and sees a monkey sitting there with a fishing poll with a banana at the end of line and washing that banana in the river. "What are doing?" asks the lion. "Give me $5 - I'll tell you" replies the monkey. Lion was very curious so he gave monkey $5. "I'm washing banana in the water" replied monkey. The lion leaves in total disgust.
Next comes giraffe. The same exchange takes place.
Next comes elephant. Asks the same question, pays $5, receives the same answer. "Monkey, you are an idiot!" says elephant. "Idiot or not, but I'm making my $50 a day"

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:34 pm

bobheckler wrote:John Hollinger gives the Miami HEAT the best odds of winning the championship this season. He also gives New Orleans the nod to be in the Finals over LA. Apparently our two decisive victories over Miami already this season, meaning that we are guaranteed no less than a tie in any head-to-head tiebreakers, doesn't matter to his highly sophisticated and complex statistical analysis (wake up and smell the sarcasm). What a turd.

bob

Bob,

This is based completely on current W-L record. The odds change for each team every day.
New Orleans will be fighting for a playoff spot in March and April, not challenging for the Championship.

This is like showing that a player will hit 324 home runs in a year if he happened to hit 4 home runs in his first 2 games of a season.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 pm

tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:John Hollinger gives the Miami HEAT the best odds of winning the championship this season. He also gives New Orleans the nod to be in the Finals over LA. Apparently our two decisive victories over Miami already this season, meaning that we are guaranteed no less than a tie in any head-to-head tiebreakers, doesn't matter to his highly sophisticated and complex statistical analysis (wake up and smell the sarcasm). What a turd.

bob

Bob,

This is based completely on current W-L record. The odds change for each team every day.
New Orleans will be fighting for a playoff spot in March and April, not challenging for the Championship.

This is like showing that a player will hit 324 home runs in a year if he happened to hit 4 home runs in his first 2 games of a season.

TJ,

If this is based upon current W-L record then why isn't the Boston Celtics, with an 8-2 record and 2-0 vs the Heat, Hollinger's pick for the Finals? Why the moron picked a team with a 7-4, I don't know.

I'll bet, but I don't know for sure, this is all based upon his PER crap. LeBron and Wade and Bosh etc all have high PERs and therefore, since Hollinger's never wrong, they must be the better team.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Bob,

Good point, I didn't even notice that.
I was looking at the Western Conf at the column Champ.
I thought he was basing it on current W-L %.
It is stupid to put Miami ahead of Boston since Boston hammered them twice already but it is lunacy to put New Orleans ahead of the Lakers.

Another example of Hollinger adding another article to his portfolio. Reading this was time out of my life that I regret doing...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:36 pm

hollinger is a proven 8 trey chump and ankle biter who is a known weak sister for all things shiny...this is rat meat to the two best teams in the nba the lakers and the celtics...keep talkin hollinger.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:49 pm

all he is missing is the fright wig, the floppy shoeS and the big red nose.

Sam

Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:30 pm

This guy is on drugs. They have no starting big guy to speak of and are generally a small team. The key is just controlling the glass.The Celtics will eat them alive if they face them in the play-offs and if they ever get lucky to even face LA...LA will blow them away in 5 games.

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:02 pm

With all due respect to everyone on the board, I couldn't care less what Hollinger thinks.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Amen to that, LACelt. He should be traveling around with horse and cart selling Doctor Holly's Lumbago Elixer. He actually gives frauds a bad name.

Sam

Last edited by Sam on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:50 pm

LA- I agree with you totally. Why would we expect any less of him anyway????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:11 pm

As I said, any team with a good 4 & 5 can beat the Miami .... Just control the glass. So much for 70 + wins............

Memphis 97 Miami 95

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:02 am

112288 wrote:As I said, any team with a good 4 & 5 can beat the Miami .... Just control the glass. So much for 70 + wins............

Memphis 97 Miami 95

Here is a link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Aqy7pBL23msNoZLpIqQxwSK8vLYF?gid=2010112029

Rudy Gay hit a fadeaway jumper over James at the buzzer, and the Memphis Grizzlies took advantage of Dwyane Wade’s absence to beat the Miami Heat 97-95 on Saturday night and snap a five-game losing streak.

“I don’t care if James Naismith was guarding me, which would be scary because he’s dead,” Gay said. “I really don’t care who’s guarding me to be honest with you.”

Dead, but not forgotten.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 am

Hollinger was anticipating the loss of Udonis Haslem and the Heat coaxing Kareem out of retirement to cement their chances for an NBA championship.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:48 pm

OK, if Miami doesn't fall to at least 3rd in his poll next week, he and his Index are truly dillusional. That kick in the nuts from IND has to drop them at least 2 places, then here comes ORL in ORL and DAL in DAL. Pretty sure they aren't getting out of either of those places alive.

I like Bill Simmons idea (I think) of replacing the Heat Index on ESPN with the .500 Index, where fans can check in to see if the Heat are going to finish each week with their overall record above or below the .500 mark.

Somewhere he's going to have to re-set his "power ranking" caluculators. Didn't the Celtics finish 10th there last season. Got 4 points within winning it all? Yeah. Time to tweak it or trash it.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm

trash it
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content