jrleftfoot
NYCelt
RosalieTCeltics
gyso
dboss
16 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Boston Celtics News (2023-2024) - Page 5 Empty Re: Boston Celtics News (2023-2024)

Post by dboss Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:32 pm

As the trade deadline approaches, the Celtics have a big decision to make.

What position really needs to be enforced?

I think a BU for Jayson Tatum should be the target.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics News (2023-2024) - Page 5 Empty Re: Boston Celtics News (2023-2024)

Post by worcester Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:54 pm

I agree, but who?
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:04 am

dboss wrote:As the trade deadline approaches, the Celtics have a big decision to make.

Hi,
I don't think it's feasible.
We have Hauser who subs for JT. I don't think Brad would be able to find anyone who's on the level of SH (or better) without giving up SH - doesn't make much sense.

Also, such a trade would require draft picks. I'd keep them for the summer to acquire a replacement for Al.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:44 am

Sensible, AK. Sensible.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:41 pm

dboss wrote:As the trade deadline approaches, the Celtics have a big decision to make.

A tough decision made even tougher by the limited availability of players that might be available and affordable.

A Tatum backup other than Hauser is a good idea, but I would lean more toward a big to spell Porzingis and Horford. Queta looks promising and Kornet has stepped up stronger than I would expect but neither are enough. The real possibility of Porzingis and/or Horford missing significant time over the rest of the season makes me think we need to search for another big.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:06 pm

NYCelt wrote:

A tough decision made even tougher by the limited availability of players that might be available and affordable.

A Tatum backup other than Hauser is a good idea, but I would lean more toward a big to spell Porzingis and Horford. Queta looks promising and Kornet has stepped up stronger than I would expect but neither are enough. The real possibility of Porzingis and/or Horford missing significant time over the rest of the season makes me think we need to search for another big.

Well, it is hard to argue with your take.  Both AH and KP have been on games and minute restrictions.  So far it has worked quite well.  We do have 4 centers on the team which is probably as deep as any team.  I do not know if a viable alternative is out there that would be an upgrade over Kornet and Queta.

SH is not a true BU for Tatum.  The fact of the matter is we do not have  depth at 4.  If you could fuse Hauser and Brissett into one, you would be on the right track.  

The Celtics can make a trade if they want to, provided they are willing to include a pick.  Brad has shown a strong inclination to use picks to improve his roster.

The Celtics could pair down the end of that bench and add a better rotation player.

My prognostications are just that.  I do not know what they will do.

What I do know and believe is that the Celtics do not want to end up one player away from securing banner #18.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:33 pm

KP is out.  The beat goes on.  We will need our BU centers to play well tonight.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:42 pm

dboss wrote:KP is out.  The beat goes on.  We will need our BU centers to play well tonight.

Porzingis is one highly paid part-time employee.

He earns his money when he does play.

It would be nice if maybe it was a little more often. Guess at this rate he should arrive at the playoffs well rested.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:21 pm

Two things….I would like to see what would happen if they played these guys a little more often, not always skipping to sit in BTB. KP was a little gassed in the 3rd quarter of the Nuggets game, after sitting out the game before. Is it conditioning? I am not suggesting he is an 82 game player, but what if he was conditioned to play, lets say, 2 or more on, 1 off. Sitting during games the team should want to win is disturbing to me. As far as Al is concerned, i do know we have to rest him but I have seen him play two games in a row and be fine, then sit one out.

I know that Queta is a big guy, but, am wondering if they knew what they were giving up when they let him go. He is a foul machine. He may not have the BB IQ to succeed consistently at this level and I see him as trade material if someone has something Brad wants and needs a throw in with whatever. I know nothing about cap, so it may be unrealistic, but?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:26 pm

It is hard to argue against the way the Celtics have managed AH and KP.

The team has been able to absorb splitting B2B games between them.  The Celtics need both of them to be ready to play in the post season.  There are no B2B games in the playoffs.  

Kornet and Queta are backup centers.  The Celtics seem to be using more 2-big lineups even when one of our bigs is not playing.  This is the time of the season when CJ continues to explore the effectiveness of different lineups.    I think Kornet and Queta are adequate.  Our single big lineups are really good as well so the Celtics have the ability to play many different ways.

I have swung back and forth about needing another big or going with a wing.

Brad said he wanted a big wing so I really think he has already targeted the next trade.

I can see him making a deal for a wing.  I think we could use something more than a tweak.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:37 am

Yeah, dboss this "landing" we need with whoever Brad goes with needs to be like what the Feds are trying to do with the economy, interest rates and inflation...Achieve a soft landing without throwing us into a recession.  We don't need to overreact to any or all of the moves made by teams behind us.  Most if not all the news and actions are shooting stars.  Big Splash.  Big Hat No Cattle.  Whatever you want to call it.  We are the hunted.  But we do need to and will act for what we need.  

So far the teams that should be making moves are.  IND and MIA have checked in so far.  We have NO idea what is going on in MIL but trust me it will implode.  

I will rest much better when Brad does make his move.  There is a piece or two missing for us as dboss so astutely points out.  Brad may have blown his cover with Derrick White.  But he needs someone like that again in Big Wing form that makes the rest of the league think Brad's crazy off his rocker and in the wrong management position.  Brad and Pop were the only ones that knew.  Heck we all even questioned DW.  None of us knew who he was.  We ain't sweating DW now.  We know who he is now!!

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

db

P.S. Brad likes bringing good people back. Is Dallinari (sp) able to come back or is he too small?
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:52 am

Every team is looking up at the Celtics.  The Pacers move in getting PS gives them a good wing defender and a scorer more than a shooter.  The Knicks added Anunoby.  How to deterime the impact?  They have feasted on poor teams but have yet to establish themselves vs top teams.  The Heat always seem to do more with less.  Rosier should help them score more points.

The Bucks remain a big ?   You need both schemes and players that have the ability to defend.  If their defense does not improve they cannot win the East.

The Cavs are poorly configured.

If the Celtics want to be even better they need to make a trade.  I am ok with them moving a pick or 2 for the right piece.  I want to see an overwhelming advantage for us.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:57 pm

Hi,
Here's a solid (IMO) description of Celtics position in regards to trading:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/espns-bobby-marks-breaks-down-205556245.html

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:33 am

Very solid, sinus007. Thanks for that post.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:17 pm

Tony Snell needs just a little bit of help.
https://share.newsbreak.com/61igvmwc
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:26 pm

I just read that story about Tony Snell, he does not qualify for players union insurance and needs a contract to get coverage for his kids, diagnosed with autism. Read the comments, some people are really cruel
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:54 am

He should be able to secure coverage through the Affordable Care Act.

I assume that he can afford to do that.  

Real tough situation when your family must have coverage.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:08 am

3 & D with 7ft wingspan?!!  Don't we have a roster spot open?!  A person with that much going on and fighting for his kids would DEMOLISH that last seat on this team.  IMHBAO, this seems like a no brainer.

That would be a really cool Brad move, it would fit his upper Northwest Quadrant approach and kill multiple birds with one stone. That could be a HUGE blessing in disguise on many levels. WINWINWINWINWIN.

Can anybody sign him? Is he still associated with Maine or is that an old picture?  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:17 pm

dbrown4 wrote:3 & D with 7ft wingspan?!!  Don't we have a roster spot open?!  A person with that much going on and fighting for his kids would DEMOLISH that last seat on this team.  IMHBAO, this seems like a no brainer.  

That would be a really cool Brad move, it would fit his upper Northwest Quadrant approach and kill multiple birds with one stone.  That could be a HUGE blessing in disguise on many levels.  WINWINWINWINWIN.  

Can anybody sign him?  Is he still associated with Maine or is that an old picture?    

db

He is still on our Maine team https://stats.gleague.nba.com/team/1612709915/players-traditional/

If the Celtics give him our 15th roster spot it also means no Queta in the playoffs (would still need a regular contract)

I always liked Snell. He can defend at the wing spot. What it comes down to is team need. I do not know how other people feel but I remain nervous almost every time KP goes in the air for a shot, rebound, block, etc. Can Boston win a title without him this year. I would say no they cannot.

Given the more physical nature of playoff basketball, promoting Queta has to be an option.

That does not help Tony's health coverage situation but like I said, he can get coverage for his family on his own.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:32 pm

A tough one all around, I do not see the Celtics signing Snell unless they get rid of Svi or Banton. The first being the obvious one to go. This next seven days cannot go by fast enough for me. I am like this every year. All of a sudden I could see Milwaukee making a play for Marcus, it is not beyond the realm of belief. That would be a hard pill to swallow.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:32 pm

A very good role player I would love to see us acquire is Precious Achiuwa, he is such a fast tenacious physical defender, can cover 3-5. I was pining for him instead of Nesmith the year he was drafted. As good as or better defender than Draymond Green. He would look great at the 4 next to either J, is a RFA next year. Figure it out Brad.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:26 am

I'm with you there, Rosalie. Plus Brad is awfully quiet, After the Faker's debacle, will that tip the needle that a mild shake up is needed? Is he going to do something in the next week or just go to the trash heap afterwards?

While I'm not going to go overboard like TNT did on us, as that was strictly for show, yes we do have a bunch of really "nice" guys on our team. If I had to pick, Jrue is our "enforcer" and he's perceived as the nicest guy on the whole team. He's certainly one of the top workers along with Pritchard, but the only "enforcers" the Celtics have had over the years were Loscy and certainly KG. Beyond those two, that's about it. There's just different kinds of leadership. Look no further than this month and one of the greatest leaders of all time. He didn't use force and theatrics to get his point across. The Celtics won all those championships playing like a team.

More than one way to skin a cat, i.e. win a championship. Yes, we need that championship mettle. It did not show versus the Lakers. But it's not the end of the world. This team does bounce back. You'll notice Shaq, Charles and Kenny all say what they say about the Celtics not because they suck, but because they want to motivate us to be our best. This 2024 championship is ours to win or lose. No one will either do that or lose that but our own selves.

But is it all reason to go off the deep end? Probably not. Coach is right. Take this in stride. We will play two games between here and Wednesday. Time to refocus, take a breath, etc. MEM will be here Sunday.

TNT spent some time on the Embiid impending doom situation. It is very unfortunate. Does not sound good. But as for the elephant in the room 65-game rule and all the collateral damage it is showing with Halliburton mouthing off, the pool of players that are up against it, Steven A. is 100% correct. Halliburton is 100% correct as well. It is a stupid rule. Most rules are. But they were brought upon for a good reason or several reasons. Next time PHI or IND are in DAL, Embiid and Halliburton need to go hug and shake the hand of Kryrie. There's a few others, but he's the kingpin for the ruling.

Time for Memphis.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:57 pm

On that note db alot of other good teams have been struggling, Bucks keep on blowing games to less talented teams, as do the Timberwolves. It’s not always easy to handle prosperity, will always be a few lulls in a long season. No team is as talented and knows how to play as well as the 86 Celtics.

Also read the we may hold out Jaylen tonight as he’s dealing with a back issue. Makes sense as that was the most ineffective not looking anything like himself Jaylen we have seen all year. I have no problem keeping him out another game to get everything right.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:04 pm

I also agree with the rule, I don’t like the idea of the player getting his status to the all NBA teams for say half a season or even 50 games. Barkley was saying it had to be done and I’m in agreement with him. You want to use that status for leverage in a big contract you better at least show up and earn it.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:45 pm

Cowens....+1, my biggest issue with all of this talk is, when did you ever hear about MVP's from the start of the season? this is crazy. Play the games and earn it, talk about it in May, never mind now!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next