gyso
bobc33
sinus007
dboss
10 posters

Go down

POST GAME NETS Empty POST GAME NETS

Post by 112288 Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Great game today beat them at every aspect of play...defense...offense...passing...rebounding..
points in the paint! Hope we can have several more games like this where the bench can get more quality minutes. Wafer played pretty good...hit on some outside jumpers and played pretty good defense......Bradley looked good on defense and has some great speed.

GOOD NEWS ON JON

After missing nearly a month resting his sore left knee, Jermaine O’Neal intends to continue individual workouts for the next week and hopes to return to practice the week after.

O’Neal, who hasn’t played since Nov. 8 in Dallas, was in Boston this week doing non-basketball workouts from drills. He was fitted for a knee brace and said he’s been spending time getting acquainted with the feel of it.

He’s missed 13 games already this season, more than he had all last year, but the Celtics aren’t rushing him back.

Having just found out that Rajon Rondo would sit out his fourth game of the season with a sore left hamstring, Rivers said O’Neal’s status was the least of his present concerns.

“I just want him to get on the court with us, that’s more important,” Rivers said. “We’re just going to be patient.”

Having rushed back from injuries in the past, O’Neal accepted the luxury of being able to take his time in this instance.

“I think our staff has done a good job of saying, ‘Hey, there’s a bigger picture here. We want to play you March, April, May, June and not really compromise everything, really compromise our season.”

O’Neal traveled with the team to New Jersey, but said he doesn’t intend to make any of the trips later on in the week when the Celtics head to Philadelphia and Charlotte. Instead, he said he will stay back to continue working in Waltham and see if he can be cleared for practice at the end of the week.

“The toughest part for me on this particular one was the disconnect from the team,” O’Neal said. “As a player if you’re not playing, then you don’t really feel as a part as you want to feel. You can be there, you can watch, you can do anything you want to do, but not being on the court is what I miss the most. At the same time it’s felt very good to me that I didn’t have to be rushed back out there.”

Back to top Go down

POST GAME NETS Empty Re: POST GAME NETS

Post by dboss Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:59 pm

The Celtics did not let a rare early afternoon start on the road against a 6-14 Nets team deter them from smashing their way to victory # 16.

Playing without Rajon Rondo who is still nursing a sore hammy, the Celtics easily took care of business with another end to end romp to the delight of more than a few Celtics fans that made their way to the Prudential Center.

Nate Robinson started in Rondo’s absence and continues his quest for respectability as a reliable PG and a dependable team player. Nat dropped in 21 points going 8-12 from the field. He also grabbed 6 rebounds, handed out 6 assists and only turned the ball over twice in 31 solid minutes of play.

With Shaq sitting out the second half the rebounding and interior defense was left up to KG who finished with another double double by scoring 13 points and 14 big rebounds.

The baby has been using both hands to score and on several occasions he drove from right to left across the lane, shielding the ball from the defender for easy left handed layups. He also knocked down jumpers from the outside, and finished with 16 points to go along with 9 rebounds and of course he also added to his league leading ‘take the charge’ defense.

PP was quiet scoring only 8 points but his sidekick Ray Allen shot an efficient 6-8 in 26 minutes of play.

Marquis Daniels stayed on track playing solid defense and scoring on some really impressive offensive moves.

By the time the 3rd quarter was over, the bench was tasked with extended mop up duty as we got to see a lot of rookie Avery Bradley. Wafer played 18 minutes and even Harangody got 9 minutes of playing time.

I was very impressed with Avery’s on the ball defense and it also appears that Von Wafer knows how to score the basketball from the perimeter or driving to the hoop.

Once again Boston has exhibited how well they can play in all phases of the game. We also heard some good news during the game as JON is suppose to begin practicing again in another week or so.

The Celtics have a great opportunity this year to become one of the greatest Celtics team every to wear the green.

This is a very impressive team.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi,
Good W today - thank you very much.
From what I could see the "3rd" unit is much better on defense than on scoring. Despite the garbage time they really tried to keep Nets away from their own net.
I wonder if it was a smart move by Doc keeping RR in Boston or he didn't have a choice? I hope 4 days will be enough for him to rest.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Any word on Shaq's injury? Couldn't find any in the post game reports.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:31 pm

bobc33 wrote:Any word on Shaq's injury? Couldn't find any in the post game reports.

bob,

During the game, Mike Gorman first called it a sore knee. Later he changed it to a sore calf. Tommy (quite relieved) said that sounded better.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:35 pm

gyso wrote:
bobc33 wrote:Any word on Shaq's injury? Couldn't find any in the post game reports.

bob,

During the game, Mike Gorman first called it a sore knee. Later he changed it to a sore calf. Tommy (quite relieved) said that sounded better.

gyso

I think I like calf better than knee too, thanks gyso. (Of course I'm sitting here with my knee in a polar ice machine a few days after surgery)

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Did anybody notice the Celts body language versus the nets bl?

The Nets just looked trapped and depressed the Celts looked 15 and full of Ganas.

Where the hell is bobheck?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Bobc

How you feeling? Where did you get that sweeeeettttt avatar?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Feeling better every day, I'll be back dunking within a couple of weeks. (Donuts that is)

I'm not sure where I got the avatar, but perhaps someone can tell me how to load it to the gallery here so others can use it, it hopefully will come in handy in June! I don't want to lose another bet and have to use a Laker avatar again this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Can't believe the Nets starting five only totaled 28 points. There were games against us in the past that Lopez scored that all by himself.

Just smothering defense. And without Perk, no less.

In the springtime when hopefully everyone's back and healthy we're gonna be a terror.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Bobc, it sounds as though you are tentatively feeling good about the outcome of your knee procedure. I hope it continues to improve with leaps and bounds (pun intended).

I know Bob Heckler has been in New York City, most likely involved in family matters. I hope things are going well for both Bob and his family.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 pm

bobheck

you are SORELY missed around here.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Was at the game with my boyz

Youngest was upset Rondo didn't play.Was most boring Celtic game I've ever seen,looked more like a scrimmage and guess who was the JV?We could have set some kind of record for something if Doc wanted,it got so outta control.

Shaq in person looks thin,saw a game when he was with Heat years ago,he was scary bulky back then.KG was best player on the floor,Ray,Nate,Baby all had their way.....too easy.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:40 pm

jeb wrote:bobheck

you are SORELY missed around here.

jeb

love reading bob's breakdowns

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:41 pm

me too cow...he's the best.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:48 pm

hung out with him a few times jeb,guys a pit bull,the kind you want on your side

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:50 pm

def! i got to meet him and sam and lacelt and pumpsie...some serious hoop bibles there.

GET BACK HERE BOB HECK

hope everything is ok.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:45 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Shaq in person looks thin
Wow, that's one description of Shaq I didn't think I'd ever see!
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:06 am

You don't see many basketball people more astute than Bob Heckler.

You don't see many people in general who are more cerebral than Bob Heckler.

You don't see many (if any) greater guys than Bob Heckler.

And he can climb 50 mountains, Jeb!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:50 am

Sam

Your preachin to the choir the guys my hero specialy after meeting him.

The board is damn lucky to have him and he ranks right at the top even among you big brains who saw all the shit go down back in the Russ/Red era and are generous enough to share all that ganas laden wisdom with those of us who cut our teeth on Mr Bird's hardcore 80's teams.

Bob stands out.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:31 am

[sarcasm]

Bob who?

[/sarcasm]
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:18 am

By the way a definite glimmer was Avery Bradley's defense,to see more highlights of this kid defending check out redsarmy.com......I think we found/got something very real thats gonna contribute to this team.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down