Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1)

+10
dbrown4
bobheckler
sinus007
cowens/oldschool
NYCelt
Unikitty The Kitten
willjr
bobc33
prakash
gyso
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1)

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:09 am

Back to top Go down

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1)

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:11 am

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:13 am

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:14 am

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 Russ_a10

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:15 am

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 Gqvlvc10

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:23 am

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:24 am

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:20 am

bobc33 wrote:Cow did you hear Maxwell’s call of Pritchards half court shot?  No clip of it yet on YouTube but he says something like “There is a God, and his name is Payton Pritchard.”

No didn’t hear this, but love it!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:06 am

Wow didn’t know gyso was hosting a party here last night!!

Great coverage gyso, saw a lot of stuff I hadn’t seen, was texting all game with my brother, my 2 sons and 5-6 friends last night and into the night. So Brad used the exact words I’ve been using on J’s for years, studs. Other media types are also calling Pritch a legend, a god!!! Good for him.

Sorry dbrown was hoping you were gonna be right, but looks like myself, bobc and dboss all got it, in 5!! That was the better story/experience as the fans got to share in all the glory and definitely made a huge difference throughout the game!!! Luka was hounded all game by you know who, have to give Luka credit, he went down fighting hard, his effort was there on defense all night, that’s why he was 2-9 from 3. He took a beating on defense as our guys went after him hard and he went hard back at them. Our loud vociferous crowd spooks Kyrie, he really helped us last night.

Wildly entertaining game, we won as a team in the best of Celtic tradition, everyone contributed both ends….obviously including the fans. The defense was swarming, led by our relentless attack dog JB and ofcourse great big plays on defense by DWhite, Tatum, Jrue, Al and Zinger. Zinger gave us a lift, he battled and took a beating like a man, some borderline dirty play, but that’s part of the game. The defense led to some beautiful fast breaks which is also a Celtic staple. Sometimes when teams go at each other so hard, it effects their offense. I would say this was the case. Mavs didn’t back down, but with our fans breathing/shouting on top of them we out energized them. The fans were great!!

Great game, great series, great playoff run, let’s give us some credit, we dominated this postseason without our starting center for a huge portion, give us some credit. Shout out to DWhite taking a face plant like that, spitting out blood and a few teeth and not missing a second. Hey let’s do this again next year!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:11 am

Oh forgot to give credit to coach Joe, incredible coaching all year and the whole playoff run. And huge props to Brad Stevens, Bad Brad looked like a 25 year old kid with a backwards baseball cap at the game, but he made all the right moves. Way to go Brad!!!!!

Finally thanks to the New Jersey Nets!!!! Lol 😂🤣🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🥁🎤🎩🕺🏻🥊💪🐉🤩😇💕

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:31 am

Hi,
What a game!
Congrats to the Celtics. Congrats to all members of this forum.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:52 am

gyso wrote:

HEY JAYLEN BROWN! YOU JUST WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP AND WAS NAMED THE FINALS MVP. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NEXT?

"I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!"

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:53 am

I'll guess we'll never know!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:28 am

cowens/oldschool,

Hey, you guys have been at this longer than I have!  Congratulations dboss and bobc as well!!  I did logically get all you guys and gal thinking that I might be right after G3 ended, got you to the edge and almost pulled it off but winning it at home for G5 was far sweeter.  I'm way beyond happy being wrong!!

It has been an honor posting with you guys and gal all through this season.  You all are the BEST!!  I'll keep running my mouth, now a little more effectively.  But you all have allowed me to grow and become a much smarter Celtic fan, better predictor and a better poster than I ever thought possible since I asked Sam if I could join this site many years ago now and sent in my $10.  

What can be said about this team that hasn't been said?  Not a whole lot left.  They have brought us great joy in winning and in losing this year and over the years. Two words for me.  Team and Defense.  The Lovable Cornerstones of EVERYTHING BOSTON CELTICS.  The bane of every other team in the league and probably why everyone hates us.  The very two things that attracted me to Boston in the first place now over 50 years ago.  Time to go to NBA Store!!     

But then by the grace of God I stumbled upon this site that grew out of BDC.  Led by the one who's "name" is this site, the people here are hands down, no one else close, the smartest most intelligent, most loving Celtics fans I could ever imagine.  Thank you, Sam.  This is to your vision and credit.  We all know you are very happy today!!  Your penmanship and friendship were unmatched even through the fire of some of the trolls and idiots that were parasites on BDC.  But you could tell there was just a few on BDC who knew exactly what they were talking about and wanted something better.  They are all here today.

Send pics from the parade!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:39 am

What a great season!!!

Thanks to all you astute Celtics fans for letting me be a member of this forum for true Celtics fans!

I have been a Celtics fan since Russell's last season. I have seen all the great Celtics teams over the years. I can honestly say this team ranks right up there with any of them. This team deserves a lot of credit. It is not as easy to win these days. They had a phenomenal season. They played true Celtics basketball. Look at what KP did last night, he played on a torn ankle. D White had his mouth smashed into the parquet. This is true heart and team play. Every player up and down the line last night said it is all about the team. This is what Celtics basketball is all about!! Russell, Havlicek, Tommy, Sam Jones, Cousy, Bird, Mchale, Walton, Parrish, KG, Paul, etc, etc, etc would all be proud of this team.

Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:39 am

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:07 am

From the after-game crowd outside the Garden:

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 Scree137

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:11 am

I am strictly a social drinker, I never drink alone.  I consider that boring, but last night I took a swig of $800 tequila right out of the bottle by myself at home as visions of sugar plum Pritchards danced in my head.

We have a lot of long (LONG!) time green-blooded Celtic fans on this board.  Today is a day we will remember for the rest of our lives.  We felt that way in 2008 when we won our first Championship in 22 years, and now this is our first Championship in 16 years.  There is an almost immeasurable weight lifted off my shoulders, a feeling of finally being at peace having achieved my goal at long last.  These past 16 years of living and dying with this team, of coming losing in the Conference Finals the year after we won #17 and then losing in the Finals the year after that, of the years where the Js kept coming close but came up short, have been rewarded.  Somewhere, Sisyphus is wondering wtf he had to do to get to where I am today.

The high scoring, 7th ranked, Dallas offense broke 100 only once.   They averaged 99.2ppg for the series despite averaging 117.9ppg during the season.  Our team is actually built to beat teams like theirs.  We have the best defensive back court in the NBA bar none, so doom on kyrie-ahhria breath.  We also have some great defensive wings and bigs that can show different looks to Luka.  Take them out and Dallas doesn't have the depth to beat us.  This was a done deal from the second they got past Minny.

Pritch da god only played 62 minutes in this 5 game series but provided some of the most memorable moments.  Twice he hit buzzerbeaters, once to end the 3rd quarter in Game 3 in Dallas and last night he hit the longest shot in NBA Finals history since 1998.  He was born in 1998.  Jaylen was magnificent, Jrue was pure bedrock, the OG stepped up when Z had to sit but decades from now Pritchard's heaves will still be shown on Sportcenter.

And with Jayson Tatum rushing him for a chest bump Payton points to himself and gives his now-famous line, "That's what I do!"

Bobby Manning @RealBobManning
4 hours ago
Payton Pritchard was practically out of here last year. Reportedly offered to SA in Poetl talks. He stayed, and in the end had the signature moment of this year's NBA Finals. Champion.

I am SO happy for Al Horford.  If we didn't win it this year he most certainly would have passed Karl Malone for #1 on a list you do NOT want to be on, the list for "most playoff games played without a Championship".  Does he come back next year and try for the b2b or does he go out on top?  Worcester says Al's wife, the former Miss Universe, says "money talks".  I say "hmm, I'm not so sure."  They already have a ton of money and there's something about staying a little too long that detracts from the paychecks.  Just ask Shaq.

Jaylen deserved the MVP.  I'm going to presume here by saying the sting of not being named to an All-NBA team has been soothed.  If the past is prologue I'd say the media will pay him forward next year by putting him on an NBA Team.  The award could have gone to Jrue for being everywhere, Derrick for his stops and Dallas momentum-breaking blocks and 3s.  It could even have gone to 38 year old Al Horford for averaging 30mpg in the Finals but what I'm remembering here is this:  There will never be another Jerry West.  No player from the losing team will ever win the Finals MVP award again.  If Dallas had won it would have gone to Luka.  What this means is that without all those other players Jaylen couldn't have won that award no matter how great he played.  The 2023-2024 Boston Celtics are a great team.  

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
6 hours ago
derrick white just ran through the empty media zone at 4 am screaming "flip YEAH!" over and over

Think he's going to sign his extension and stay here?

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
about 7 hours ago
BEST NBA CHAMPIONSHIP RUNS (16-win era - 2002-2024) 2017 Golden State 16-1 2024 BOSTON 16-3 2007 San Antonio 16-4 2023 Denver 16-4

about 6 hours ago
The blowout loss in Game 4 ended up costing the Celtics two spots on this list. (This number peaked at 11.28 early in the 4th quarter of Game 3.) Although it feels like no one's going to be losing any sleep over that tonight...or any other night.

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 GQVoEAuWUAA9V0g?format=png

Yeah, nah, nobody gives a shite.

6 hours ago
FINAL 2023-24 NBA STANDINGS (Regular Season + Playoffs) BOSTON 80-21 --- Oklahoma City 63-29 12 ½ Denver 64-30 12 ½ Minnesota 65-33 13 ½ Dallas 63-41 18 ½

That's a .792 winning percentage overall, .842 in the playoffs where every opponent is harder.  Our season winning percentage was .780 (64-18, admittedly the last few losses were because Joe went deep into the bench).  After all the talk about what a joke the Eastern Conference we played better in the playoffs against the upper half of the Conference and had an .800 winning percentage against the team that came out of the West by beating the #1 and #3 teams in the West.  My father used to tell me an expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows almost everything about almost nothing (mind you, he had two Masters degrees, a PHD and was one cynical SOB. So he was being self-deprecating).  So, F-off all of you green-hating "experts".  You know almost nothing.

https://realtree.com/timber-2-table-wild-game-recipes/barbecue-crow-sliders

Do you think Xavier Tillman and Jaden Springer feel like they just hit the lottery?  They were traded mid-season, usually not a good thing, and now they're getting rings.  And how about now-20 year old rookie Jordan Walsh?!  2nd round pick, only played 83 minutes, total, for Boston.  Knows all the best burger and pizza joints in Portland, Maine, and now he's getting a ring.  I don't think it's a requirement but most teams give Championship rings to their two-way players, so there ya go JD.  Queta got upgraded to an NBA contract in time for the playoffs so he definitely gets one.   Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you...

I might just have to blow today off and watch this on perpetual loop.  Wyc was in 7th Heaven, but Brad was so far in the back nobody could see him.  Joe was buried in the crowd and only raised his hand when Adam Silver asked where he was.  The humility of those two is hard to believe.  Their entire lives to-date have been purposed for this precise moment and they're shuffling to the rear and pushing others forward.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:13 am

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:14 am

Complete results:

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 Gqvgud10

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:27 am

6/17. Will forever be etched in the minds of Celtics fans.  That date also happens to have been my mom's birthday.

Did anyone notice all the young Celtics fans?  Generations have experienced Celtics championships.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:33 am

Bob Heckler,

Same with me, not a lot of work happening today. Basking.

The video that you posted showing Pritch da god's halftime heave with the endless views was like if Red lobster changed their endless shrimp deal over to an endless Maine lobster deal.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronV Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:12 pm

gyso wrote:Complete results:

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 Gqvgud10

Huh. Surprised Holliday didn't get at least one vote. It would be easy to argue his impact was crucial to winning multiple games.

-V

BaronV

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:17 pm

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 Img_3611

EVERY Celtic starter had 8 rebounds or more.  I've never  heard of that before.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:20 pm

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 GQVIA46WQAAmoVD?format=jpg

Post Game - Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks - Monday, June 17, 2024 - Game 5 NBA Finals (W 4-1) - Page 3 GQVIBD2WIAEblss?format=jpg

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next