Celtics over Nuggets 107-103 PS Game #1

+2
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
6 posters

Go down

Celtics over Nuggets  107-103  PS Game #1 Empty Celtics over Nuggets 107-103 PS Game #1

Post by dboss Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:15 pm

In what started off as a typical preseason game with the Celtics o the short end of a 32-25 score at the end of the 1st QTR, the Celtics matched Denver's 2nd QTR scoring at 31

By my count the Celtics played 18 guys as did the Nuggets.  The first QTR was a hint of what was to come as Boston took 20 3 point shot attempts.  A lot of them were misses but they were wide open looks as Boston was able to get the shots that they wanted.

By the end of the game the Celtics set a team record by taking 61 three pointers. (32.8%) with 20 makes.

Anyone want to take the under on them exceeding last season's 42.5 attempts per game?

Not me.  

AH was replaced in the starting lineup by Kornet who lead both teams with 11 rebounds.  

The Celtics won this game because of superior depth.

Still no answer on Lonnie Walker as he ran with the 3rd string guys  and he only played a total of 4 minutes.  Hard to see a 4 minute fit anywhere.

Rookie Baylor went 0-3 in 8 uninspiring minutes and 0-2 from deep.  He is going love the quality of Lobster in Maine.

Tillman had a 3 pointer from the corner and grabbed 3 rebounds.  I just do not see how he can help us in the post against legit centers.  He got zero hops!

It took Jordan Walsh a while to get untracked but he played well (9 points on 3-7 shooting with 4 assists and 4 rebounds)  I want to see more but he may be ready to get Brissett minutes.

The star of the game was P-squared.  Looks in great shape.  Scored 21 points while draining 6 ..3 pointers and passing out a team  high 6 assists, 1 TOV and 4 rebounds.

Other Maine participants , Peterson and JD Davidson played well.  JD actually won this game for us by going 4-4 from the line with the game in question.

Sunday morning, Game 2.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics over Nuggets  107-103  PS Game #1 Empty Re: Celtics over Nuggets 107-103 PS Game #1

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:48 pm

I am watching it now, repeating it on NBC.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Celtics over Nuggets  107-103  PS Game #1 Empty Re: Celtics over Nuggets 107-103 PS Game #1

Post by dboss Sat Oct 05, 2024 1:10 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I am watching it now, repeating it on NBC.
They cut off part of the second QTR on the rerun but since I knew what was going to happen , I didn't miss a thing.

My shot of the game was JB working on the left baseline draining a turnaround jump shot.

JT should break out next game.  His jumper will be fine but he needs to get something going before the shot clock expires.

JW should be next man up to replace Brissett's minutes.  Albeit,  short ones.  I hope he gets to play more during the 5 game preseason.  I want to see if he can consistently knick down the 3 ball.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:57 am

I was surprised, Walker only played 4 minutes. Other than that, it is still a joy to watch these guys, they just seem to like each other a lot and are always smiling. Keep smiling boys, it is going to be a long season.

I am not ready to give JW whatever minutes Brissette would have gotten. He still is so young. Think Oashe has some regrets?? He is unsigned still, bit off his nose to spite his face.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:26 am

Svi and Brissett played spot minutes last season.

Someone is going to get their minutes.  Probably a live wire active rebounder with a lot of energy.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:27 am

I liked the way Walsh looked. He looked confident on his three point shots and is definitely an athlete. I agree Dboss he has a chance to play Brissett minutes. I hope he continues to improve.

I also think Tillman is just going to get better. He looked comfortable out there. He now has a year under his belt. He strength is impressive, and he moves his feet well. His three point shot, although not great, is good enough and should improve.

The starters looked rusty as expected, but nice to see the boys playing again.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:51 pm

Celtics17 wrote:I liked the way Walsh looked. He looked confident on his three point shots and is definitely an athlete. I agree Dboss he has a chance to play Brissett minutes. I hope he continues to improve.

I also think Tillman is just going to get better. He looked comfortable out there. He now has a year under his belt. He strength is impressive, and he moves his feet well. His three point shot, although not great, is good enough and should improve.

The starters looked rusty as expected, but nice to see the boys playing again.
Celtics 17 

After watching it a second time I focused more on X and he did look good.  He could actually become  our X factor..ha

Once Walsh got confortable he started shooting with confidence.  He was the proverbial Jack of All Trades.  

I like the kid and I believe opportunities to play should enhance his development.  

The only other developmental player at 3 or 4 would be Peterson.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:10 pm

I haven't seen the stats, but I thought XT hit two threes. If only Queta had some clue what he's doing out there. I expect to see a lot of Luke until KP gets back. Baylor has shown me nothing in summer league or last night. JD looked more assured .He's still very young. Maybe Walker will get more run next game.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:42 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I haven't seen the stats, but I thought XT hit two threes. If only Queta had some clue what he's doing out there. I expect to see a lot of Luke until KP gets back. Baylor has shown me nothing in summer league or last night. JD looked more assured .He's still very young. Maybe Walker will get more run next game.
Queta missed a few defensive assignments.  A film session may be useful.  LK will start whenever AH is not playing.

Interesting that no stretch 5 on the floor the Celtics still managed to launch 61 threes.

We may be seeing a lot of 50+ 3PA games
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:13 am

While they will be running it again in just a couple of hours and I don't see Mike Malone letting us win both games, here's what I saw in PSG1:

1.  Our starters were pretty sharp for their first defense outing.  Passing looked even better and sharper. 

2.  Favorite play?  Preseason P wrestling for a rebound against De'Andre Jordan.  That about says it all! PSP describes himself as we do...a PEST!!

3.  Tillman worked on his three ball over the summer.  Stroke looks very good. 

4.  Lots of OR's for us.  Those are very valuable in 3-ville world and points off offensive rebounds (POOR).  I may keep track of that stat this year.  

5.  Lots of 3's.  3 + D = PT.  Analytics don't lie.  We shot above the Mendoza Line for 3's at 36%.  Not great but statistically better than a 2-point shot.  

6.  Jordan Walsh showing his versatility.  He's going to be a fun watch this season if he gets PT.

7.  Another favorite play?  Doogie taking a charge ala Shane Battier!!  He clearly got Joe's message.  He's no slouch whipping boy on defense anymore.  Proceed at your own risk and peril on him, NBA.  

8.  Not enough Lonnie Walker IV.  Maybe this morning we'll see a little more of him.  

As an aside, the Lakers lost their opener.  Things are off to a great start!!  Sign of things to come.  Lakers were sans AD and LeBron while MIN was absent AE.  That's a wash IMHBAO.  Expect the same result on opening night no matter who's on the court.   

3 & D it appears to be.  If we get sharper on the 3's and don't have an off night where we build shopping malls, there won't be anyone that can stop us.  Rout City.  Anything better than 33% justifies activating the launch sequence, but if we get near 38-40%, no one will come close.  Add Globetrotter-like ball movement, stifling defense leading to fast-break offense, JT & JB doing their things...I know it's a long season and there will be the "I" word creeping in and spoiling the party at some point but DAMN!!!  Hold onto your seats everybody!!

db

dboss, thank you for your LP advice.  We went with Prime for $109/season, auto-renewable.  Their set up is very cool and no hassle!  After 4 days, YouTube just got back to our being "escalated".  My wife gave them an earful and no more $$.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:42 am

No one mentioned J Davison's 12 minutes: 7 pts, 2 reb, 1 dime, 2 stls, and one most impressive block. I was very happy for him as a talented longtime Maine player. Liked the new haircut too.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:52 am

bygone wrote:No one mentioned J Davison's 12 minutes: 7 pts, 2 reb, 1 dime, 2 stls, and one most impressive block. I was very happy for him as a talented longtime Maine player. Liked the new haircut too.
Bygone

I mentioned JD in the first post.  See last paragraph.  JD looked under control.  He knocked down a 3 ball up top and went 4-4 from the line.  He looked more like a PG than Jaden Springer.  

As fans are looking for improvement it is more likely to come from our third group of developing players.  Like JD, Walsh and Peterson.  Any of these guys can get the call up to fill a role when someone is out.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down