Celtics Demolish Nuggets 130-104 PS Game #2

4 posters

Go down

Celtics Demolish Nuggets 130-104 PS Game #2 Empty Celtics Demolish Nuggets 130-104 PS Game #2

Post by dboss Sun Oct 06, 2024 1:05 pm

It was all business, all game  for the Celtics in this one.  As they continue to ramp up to defend their title,  they already look ready to start the season.  

They are pushing the rock in transition.
Looking for the open man with great spacing and ball movement (33 assists)
Three point shots are there for the taking 18-47 38.3%
They were tied for 2nd in the NBA last season for least TOVS.  They had just 8 in this game

Other player observations

Sam Hauser took it off the bounce now and again last season but it looks like his offense weaponry has gone up a notch or two.  He is making buckets off the dribble in midrange.

JT and JB looked fantastic

Tillman had an even stronger game in just 15 minutes of playing time.  (3-5) for 10 points 3 rebounds and 2 assists along with physical defense.

PP started off slow but once he got going he was a bucket getter.

Queta played better and him and Tillman had some great interior passing to one another.  

Our bigs are cutting more to the basket.

D White was an efficient machine out there at both ends.

When a team finally figures out how to win, it changes everything.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics Demolish Nuggets 130-104 PS Game #2 Empty Re: Celtics Demolish Nuggets 130-104 PS Game #2

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 06, 2024 1:16 pm

I loved that they came out like it was a regular season game, played hard and worked hard. JB is out to prove a point, no question, and JT is doing his job quietly, waiting to explade Scal obviously cannot wait for NY, Thibs is his guy, so he is a NY believer. Let"s just hope those are just rumors that Marcus Smart is on their radar
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Celtics Demolish Nuggets 130-104 PS Game #2 Empty Re: Celtics Demolish Nuggets 130-104 PS Game #2

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:07 pm

I forgot it was on at 10am EASTERN time.  Oh well...have to live with highlight film.

Denver rested a bunch of players.  Michael Porter Jr, DeAndre Jordan, Russell Westbrick and Aaron Gordon.  We played everybody that would normally play except for Al and Z (of course).

47 3s on 93 fgas.  30 of those 47 were by players we'd expect to see in the regular season.

JB not so great from 3, 2-7, but played VERY physical vs Jamal Murray.  Some serious bullyball.  JB on a mission.

Looked like the refs were allowing a lot of continuation on the +1s.  Refs usually call the preseason they way they want you to play the regular season, sorta setting the tone early.  They back off in the regular season but if they blow a lot of traveling whistles they're trying to send the message they're watching that.  I wonder if the NBA will allow more continuation in the regular season.  It'll make the fans happier but will it mean harder fouls to prevent the easy +1?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:37 pm

Bob

Porter and Gordon were missed. Not so sure about Westbrook and the little used Jordan.

We played our 3rd, 4th and 5th string centers.

Denver does not have enough defenders and to be honest their style of play is unlikely to get them anywhere. As the league has fully embraced the impact of 3 point shooting (with Boston being the trend setter) The Nuggets shot just 31.2 3 point shots per game last year. They are a post-offense centric team that revolves around Jokic.

The Celtics are off until next Saturday with the Sixers visiting the gardens. They will get some needed rest and continue to work on perfecting their game.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:00 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I loved that they came out like it was a regular season game, played hard and worked hard.  JB is out to prove a point, no question, and JT is doing his job quietly, waiting to explade   Scal obviously cannot wait for NY, Thibs is his guy, so he is a NY believer.  Let"s just hope those are just rumors that Marcus Smart is on their radar

Rosalie

I saw the Knicks want Marcus trade rumor. I think it would be very difficult for them to get him. They are a second Apron team and way over the Cap. They cannot take back more than they send out. I messed around on the trade simulator and a trade would work if the Knicks sent our Josh Hart and Jericho Sims.

The Knicks need another playmaker but I do not see them moving Hart (great defender and is the best 6' 4" rebounder in the NBA at 8.3 PG). Brunson will be playing 35 MPG so they just need to find a solid backup without paying him starter minutes. Also, if the Grizz moved Marcus they would not have a BU PG for the often injured Ja Morant.

The Grizzlies could make some noise with a healthy Morant and smart plus they drafted the giant Zach Edey.

The knicks made a lot of noise and their fans are chest pounding but I am not impressed. They remain a 2nd tier team to Boston.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:17 pm

Not in their eyes. Whether they play starters or bench Saturday the mouths will be wagging
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:15 am

Joe has our team on high alert early and often.  I like that.  The guys look and play like they are having fun.  Relaxed and letting the game come to them.  Here's what I saw:

1.  Doogie's game stepped up over the summer.  Everyone thinks he only shoots threes still.  He's driving to the basket and then pulling up for a real easy mid-range shot.  Deserved the POTG award.  

2.  WTH with all the fouls in 2nd quarter?!!  That was ridiculous, Gus.  

3.  Love seeing The Pest duking it out with the trees getting rebounds, reeking havoc.  He's going to have a special year especially if he can take the next step and translate the pre-season to the regular and post season.  

4.  Tillman/Queta duo is worth seeing some more PT for them.  They looked good together in the Double Big line-up.  Tillman's 3's looking better and better. No one will ever guard him out there.   

5.  Lonnie Walker IV may be on a short leash to Waiverville.  Not impressed so far but Joe will get him in there and working.  

6.  Low TO's for us/High forced TO's by us.  Can't ask for much more than that.

7.  Springer looking real sharp.  If our guys are ahead by 20-30 at the half, our bench will get lots of PT.  Springer will be a part of that.  

That's enough.  We are serving notice.  The old clique that everyone is going to give the champs their best game doesn't seem to hold water so far.  We're going to give you more than what you got and still blow you out.  I'm still leaning toward this year being even better than last year across the board.  So far, with first two games, it's looking that way.  

Next up...PHI on Saturday.  If they (PHI) all show up it should be an interesting game.  It would be nice to absolutely blow the crap out of PHI Saturday regardless of who shows up.  Probably need to save that for the regular season games.  But if the mantra from the start is steamroll everyone early and often, I'll take a whole season and post-season of us just nicely humiliating all our competition.      

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:07 am

BTW, if this kind of play for us continues right into the start of the regular season, I believe I know why. At least one reason.  The Knicks would love nothing more than to spoil our banner raising ceremony on opening day.  They have attempted more moves than a teenage boy on his first date.  So they feel like they are solidly in the spoiler neighborhood.  

I am going to posit that Joe has pre-empted that strike by already saying before the preseason started that we are going to beat the ever-loving crap out of the Knicks on the 22nd.  It won't even be close if you listen to me.  Here's how we are going to do it...

Well, these first two games of preseason something like that had to be said.  No other explanation I can come up with.  

db

P.S.  As I'm always looking to promote and report the good going on this world, I'd be remiss to not let you know that the Lakers lost now their 2nd game in the pre-season to PHX, 118-114 with MeBron, AD and Bronny showing up!  Things just keep getting better and better!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down