jeb
Matty
dbrown4
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BOS v. SAS Pre-Game Empty BOS v. SAS Pre-Game

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:44 pm

I must be on the wrong channels but I'm hearing no hype from ESPN on this game of #1 vs. #2. I know it's a regular season game and KG is out and Boston is all shot up, but still, it's #1 vs. #2. I'm thinking this is an excellent opportunity for us to steal one. I'm quite sure NYK can at least set them up. They won't beat them tonight as they have proven to fold up like a cheap tent to the upper echelon teams, but Amar'e can at least humble them inside.

As for us, I don't want to see us go 1-2 over these next few days, but a gambling man would place his bet that way. And since this week we seem to have 12 games in 5 nights with two against top teams, let's just hope we get through it all sans another injury.

I think this may be one of the times we rely heavily on the crowd to pull us through. A great Boston effort can knock off this paper champion. Any other thoughts?

For lack of a better term, I'm going to call our effort in games as of late with all the injuries the snowball effect. We start out very small and slow, but we gather enough momentum and size that by the end we take everything in our wake to barely beat out the competition when the clock runs out.

BTW, I had another unrelated question. If you are fouled in the act of shooting and subsequently miss the attempt, does it count as a missed shot on your fg scoring line? Symmetry says it should since you get the continuation and your made shot counts, but nothing ever seems to make too much sense in the NBA. Just curious.

Also, any chance MIA can go on a gd losing streak soon? 2 would be enough for me for now.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

BOS v. SAS Pre-Game Empty Re: BOS v. SAS Pre-Game

Post by Matty Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:59 pm

dbrown, the only games i can assure you that Miami will lose will be the 4 they lose to Boston in the ECF's unless Orlando steals that privledge from us in the Semi's..

soemthing tells me that Davey "dont critisize my ref's" Stern isnt gonna have the season he hoped for.. Orlando VS Boston in the East and San Antony vs Utah/Dallas in the West and Boston vs san Antony in the finals isnt what he's been wet dreaming about since certain "Talents" were taken south.. in other words, dont worry about Miami, they'll get them losses soon enuff..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks, Matty. I was just looking for some mid-season relief. True, the playoffs will be their demise and Stern's.

I think we can take SAS. They have to be tired of winning.

By the way, Stern may not have the league he is hoping for if he doesn't hire some new accountants to more toward the Players Union's numbers!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:12 pm

miami cant play the bobcats every night, sooner or later its okc, spurs, orlando, denver etc

they are gonna lose plenty more but it does look like James has assumed his rightful place as "king' of the regular season
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

of course espn wont hype this game they'd rather cover "king" James bowel movement schedule.

Nothing shiny for them to sell.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Where's Jenn Sterger when we need her?
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Dee-
I'm hoping that Bos is in that mode of - play to the level of the competition, right now, so that they come out on fire for SAS but we'll just have to see...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Knicks took it to SA tonight 128 -115. Wow what defense! I don't know but I was not impressed with SA and if we face them in the finals, I'll call it #18 now!

Should be a great game tomorrow, Boston should beat them with their defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Dbrown,

If a player is fouled on a shot attempt and misses the attempt, it is not counted as a FG attempt.

Sam

Last edited by Sam on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Another querstion on fouls. Is it possible for there to be two fouls on a single play? I'm thinking of Dwight Howard and how he hammers players after they already have been fouled by someone else? With the way "continuation" is allowed it seems plausible to call two fouls on one drive to the hoop, though Ive never seen it.

Rules junkies, thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:25 pm

bobc33 wrote:Another querstion on fouls. Is it possible for there to be two fouls on a single play? I'm thinking of Dwight Howard and how he hammers players after they already have been fouled by someone else? With the way "continuation" is allowed it seems plausible to call two fouls on one drive to the hoop, though Ive never seen it.

Rules junkies, thoughts?

Not two personal fouls on the same play, but if someone hammers someone who has already been fouled, he could get a T. Or two (if it's severe) and get thrown out.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Thank you Steve!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:30 am

Tipoff: 7:30 pm EST Wed Jan 5, 2011
TV: FSSW, CSNE

Yahoo Game Preview:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview;_ylt=AptZU_YmaxUM.Uwah1oRofy8vLYF?gid=2011010502

San Antonio Express-News (mysanantonio.com):

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports

Go Celtics!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks, Sam. So there is no symmetry. That makes perfect sense to a math major.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:06 am

This game isn't even on ESPN/ABC or NBATV or TNT. Way to go Stern.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:23 am

I'll probably miss most of it if not all, Marcus finally returns to action tonight after a long layoff between games. Plus if it were on ESPN or TNT ect I'd miss TH and MG. PLUS it isn't the same watching it later afet recording it..............

The trio on espn makes me gag Little Van Gundy just is so full of himself and Mark Jackson adds less than nothing...........Hubie is about the best outside of TH and MG.

Wish KG was back but we need Shaq to get closer to a double double.
With RR back in the swing he should get a few easy hoops.

beat

beat

Last edited by beat on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:31 am

beat wrote:I'll probably miss most of it if not all, Marcus finally returns to action tonight after a long layoff between games. Plus if it were on WESPN or TNT ect I'd miss TH and MG. PLUS it isn't the same watching it later afet recording it..............

The trio on espn makes me gag Little Van Gundy just is so full of himself and Mark Jackson adds less than nothing...........Hubie is about the best outside of TH and MG.

beat

beat

Lately Shaq's been considering 2 rebounds a double.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:39 am

steve3344 wrote:
beat wrote:I'll probably miss most of it if not all, Marcus finally returns to action tonight after a long layoff between games. Plus if it were on WESPN or TNT ect I'd miss TH and MG. PLUS it isn't the same watching it later afet recording it..............

beat

beat

Lately Shaq's been considering 2 rebounds a double.

His leading stat has been fouls lately. Hoping a dose of Rondo will help with the points end of it. One thing I've noticed too he doesn't get down the court near as quickly as earlier in the season.......either back on D or getting down on offense. Early in the year he was actually getting down the floor and establishing a good postion in the low block.....not now at least not often enough.

beat

PS (espn) is corrected from wespn? (w+e are too close togerther)
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:01 am

I watched the Knicks-Spurs game last night.

This might have been the first time I have ever seen Duncan's head NOT in a game. The Big Fundamental was NOT. I understand missing shots, he ended 5-14, but he was making some dumb mistakes. I'm not counting on that twice in a row.

The Spurs played like a veteran team. They made the extra pass and they knew exactly where their teammate was going to be when they passed it. Parker penetrated and kicked to Ginobili and Jefferson who were waiting patiently out at the 3pt line. We have got to keep Parker out of the lane or this could get ugly. Ginobili and Jefferson are too good to just let them play catch and shoot.

They shot almost 54%, but a lot of that comes from the NY defense, or lack thereof. On the other hand, the Knicks shot 55%. What does that say about the Spurs defense?

18 assists on 44 fgm is a 41% assist rate, not that good. Tony Parker scored 26 but only had 6 assists in 32 minutes. Why pass when nobody's stopping you from scoring, right?

NY had 91 fga vs 82 for SA. A lot of run-and-gun by the Knicks, feeding off of 16 SA turnovers. The Knicks had only 6.

This is about as good as the Knicks can play. High volume, low turnover, high shooting percentage. Hell, they even outrebounded the Spurs. And they did this without Gallinari.

I wanted the Knicks to work the Spurs, not beat them. Now we'll have a hive of angry bees coming into town.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:19 am

Down by 10 with nearly 4 minutes left in the game Pop sat down all his starters. Not only were the starters pissed, but he showed them up in a way that will most certainly see them fired up tonight.

On the flip, Rajon is one game healthier – so I see the Celtics moving the ball better than they have over the past 2 weeks.

Should be a great one.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Gregg Popovich was a hoot in his postgame interview session in the hallway. The video is on http://www.nba.com/video/. Sorry that I can't provide a direct link to the video. Click the Select a Team tab, choose San Antonio, and Postgame: Gregg Popovich will be one of the first videos.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:14 pm

beat wrote: it isn't the same watching it later afet recording it..............

beat
beat

agreed, beat - if you can't listen to Mike n Tommy for the home town perspective, Hubie is the best. Van Gundy and Jackson are just plain annoying. i love hearing Hubie expose and explain what's really going on in the game. Tommy does the same sort of thing, but with added moaning about fouls and non-fouls, etc. Frankly, and i know i'm alone in this, i like Hubie even better - more balanced.

i'm away for a few days and probably won't even know the outcome of this game until i get back, so i AM recording it. you're right, live is for sure better, but i don't want to miss it entirely.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:29 pm

bigpygme wrote:

beat
beat

agreed, beat - if you can't listen to Mike n Tommy for the home town perspective, Hubie is the best. Van Gundy and Jackson are just plain annoying. i love hearing Hubie expose and explain what's really going on in the game. Tommy does the same sort of thing, but with added moaning about fouls and non-fouls, etc. Frankly, and i know i'm alone in this, i like Hubie even better - more balanced.

i'm away for a few days and probably won't even know the outcome of this game until i get back, so i AM recording it. you're right, live is for sure better, but i don't want to miss it entirely.

Michael

Every time I have recorded something (with the intention to watch it not knowing the outcome) something seems to frig it up. Plus I really can't go thru the whole dam game knowing the dam thing ended hours before and the continued exsistance of mankind hangs in the balance. Plus Marcus and the ipod or whatever can get the score anywhere anytime.

A couple years ago something came up near the end of a really good Little league world series game. I had Marcus record it. When I got back not too much later, the first DAM words out of his mouth were "Dad, man you had ough to seen the end of the game when that kid from XYZ hit a walk off home run to win the game........................"

I just looked at him and shook my head. "Dam it Marcus next time something comes up YOU GO TAKE CARE OF IT and I'll sit on my ass and watch the end of whatever, heck I'll even tape it so you can watch it later too, then when you get back I'll tell you all about it before you even sit down."

So really tapiing it is a option that doesn't work well in our house anyway.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:31 pm

bigpygme wrote:

beat
beat

Michael

Hubie Brown has forgotten more about basketball than the sum total most of these idiots know.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi,
Almost not related to tonight's game.
Just a piece of good news . Hope it's for real.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next