jeb
Matty
dbrown4
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BOS v. SAS Pre-Game - Page 2 Empty Re: BOS v. SAS Pre-Game

Post by bobc33 Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:09 pm

and from that piece another Shaq moment.... Note what he says about Bill Russell.

Shaquille O'Neal appeared on David Letterman's late-night talk show last night. Globe Names columnists Mark Shanahan and Meredith Goldstein summed up the appearance as follows:

Shaquille O’Neal sat down with David Letterman last night, and confirmed what we already knew: He’s having a blast in Boston. The Celtics big man, who last appeared on Letterman’s show a decade ago, said he’s been treated “fabulous’’ by C’s fans. “It’s interesting how life works because when you were in Los Angeles, they hated you in Boston, didn’t they?’’ said Dave. “They sure did,’’ replied Shaq. “I live in a small town called Sudbury. I signed kind of late, so I really didn’t have a chance to find a house, so I went on Google and put ‘big house outside of Boston,’ and I found this big 10-acre farmhouse, so . . . I love it. Wild turkeys, wild foxes, wild bears.’’ The Big Shamrock also gave shout-outs to Kevin Garnett, calling KG “the funniest guy in Boston,’’ and to Hall of Famer Bill Russell, whom Shaq said he would choose over all others to start a franchise.
Shaq and the Celtics play the Spurs, who sport the best record in the NBA at 29-5, tonight at TD Garden. No word yet on whether he'll wear the hoodie sports jacket he wore for the Letterman appearance on his way to the game.

Back to top Go down

BOS v. SAS Pre-Game - Page 2 Empty Re: BOS v. SAS Pre-Game

Post by bigpygme Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:14 pm

"Hubie Brown has forgotten more about basketball than the sum total most of these idiots know.

bob"

absolutely - and he teaches so well while calling the game, without preaching or talking down to the audience. he's balanced in his calls. i learn every time i hear him on the tube. and he LOVES the game - his enthusiasm is right up front.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2