dboss
beat
TickTock
sinus007
Sam
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Troy Murphy Picks Celtics Over Heat - Page 2 Empty Re: Troy Murphy Picks Celtics Over Heat

Post by Sam Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Great new, Jeb. I hope you'll find radiation easier than chemo, which is what a lot of my acquaintances have experienced. You should be encouraged with events.

Keep it going, buddy,

Sam and Mrs. Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Troy Murphy Picks Celtics Over Heat - Page 2 Empty Re: Troy Murphy Picks Celtics Over Heat

Post by rickdavisakaspike Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 pm

In a related story, the Waltham Fire Department was called to Healthpoint today to put out the major conflagration that Danny Ainge lit under Big Baby Davis's butt with the signing of Troy Murphy. Take it easy, Baby.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:23 pm

For the most part, I like this article. It seems to do a fair job of citing both the potential and the risks with Murphy.

One thing he says is something I've always felt is used mainly by media amateurs who are simply emulating a phrase they think sounds cool. But, generally speaking, I happen to think the importance of being "playoff tested" is pretty much a lot of bunk—especially for a 9-year veteran.

It's as though the author thinks there's some secret handshake associated with being in the playoffs, while all the tricks of the trade learned over nine years don't apply in the playoffs. Yes, there may be more pressure in the playoffs, but the veteran core of the Celtics tends to minimize its impact.

Give a nine-year playoff aspirant a shot at postseason play, and odds are he'll gain loads of energy without falling prey to the jitters after his first playoff stint on the flloor.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:41 pm

babyskyhook wrote:

Jeb-

don't forget about these guys either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHeRgme7lYY

BSH,

That is a mean, cruel, tortuous clip to post! You should save that for those very select moments when you have to reach deep, deep in the bag for the coup de grace. The only possible sports memory worse than that for me at least is the ball going through Bill Buckner's legs.

But I still love you.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:42 pm

just think if kg can really light a hot fire under this guy, he can flat rebound. I expect him to help us and am liking our deep, versatile team. 25 games is plenty a time to get to know each other and gel.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 pm

jeb wrote:Aw man...all THREE of those get me EVERY time Sky. Well done lad.

Glad you liked those buddy. They totally get me also.

you are going to kick this thing like the Aaragon, Gandalf and the rest of the fellas put the whup-ass on Sauron and flat out blew his volcano up!!!!
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 pm

jeb wrote:
Damn your black heart Sky! Ouch.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Man oh man I was laughing so hard when I snuck that one in there!!!

After doing the first three, I figured I'd throw one in for comedy.

I just couldn't help myself. farao

I hope you got a good laugh out of it.

Talk to you soon buddy.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Jeb....keep it going man....good to hear...we're all praying for you and I know our prays are working!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:02 am

1122 and all

thanks guys....right now i am holding my own.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 am

Wishing you all the best Jeb!
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:02 am

Hey, Jeb. Better days ahead. Keep those nurses on their toes.

Troy Murphy is a good get. He's not all-NBA, but man, including Murphy, you've just acquired three starter-quality players for the second unit. Nicely done.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:13 am

bobheckler wrote:btw, here' some stats on our newest newbie, per 36mpg, this season:

34%fg%, 17% 3ptfg%, 53%ft%, 9.4rpg, 8.1ppg.

Now, here's last year's numbers, per 36mpg:

47%fg%, 38% 3ptfg%, 80%ft%, 11.3rpg, 16.1ppg

It's like his game just dropped off a table this year. Is it because he's out of shape or because he was in NJ?

bob

Murphy had some injury issues early in the season, but the main thing is that he and Avery Johnson did not get along. I mean, it's fine that Johnson preferred Kris Humphries, but you're telling me that you can't find playing time for a guy who averaged 14.6 points and 10.2 rebounds last season, was the biggest offseason acquisition, and you're paying $12 million? Murphy is going to feel like he just got out of prison.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:54 am

Hey Jeb......just keep fighting through those picks

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:27 am

Here's Chris Reina's take on the Murphy signing from Realgm.com:

http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/211653/Grading_The_Deal_Celtics_Add_Troy_Murphy

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 am

3/3

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4681318/feet-already-wet-murphy-dives-into-playbook

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2