+3
steve3344
tjmakz
Matty
7 posters

Go down

Bulls.. and seeding Empty Bulls.. and seeding

Post by Matty Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 pm

114-72 over atlanta with like 5 &1/2 minutes left. I always get confused about seeding- and wondering when we'd meet them in the playoffs

top 8 now
1-Boston
2-Chicago
3-Miami
4- Orlando
5- Atlanta
6- Philly
7- new york
8 Indy

I know Chi town will temparily overtake the lead for now, but assuming we win the East I really am looking forward to us meeting Indy, especialy since i will get to go catch a game. If we get the first seed we'd meet the winner of 4th and 5th seed right? then seed 2/7 would play philly/miami??

Bulls are right now playing at a very high leval, id be more than happy to let them and Miami go at it for 7 games..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Bulls.. and seeding Empty Re: Bulls.. and seeding

Post by tjmakz Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Matty,

First round is 1/8, 2/7, 3/6, 4/5.
Winner of 1/8 plays 4/5, winner of 2/7 plays 3/6.
If all goes according to seeding, 1/2 play in Conference Championship.
In my opinion, the #1 seed has a huge advantage this year of not having to face Miami in the 2nd round.
But as they say, to be the best, you have to beat the best.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Most inane sportscaster comment I've heard this year. With the score 107-62 with 9:45 left in the game this actually came out of Dick Stockon's mouth tonight:

"Bulls by 45. Still plenty of time left."

I was rolling on the floor.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:30 am

steve3344 wrote:Most inane sportscaster comment I've heard this year. With the score 107-62 with 9:45 left in the game this actually came out of Dick Stockon's mouth tonight:

"Bulls by 45. Still plenty of time left."

I was rolling on the floor.
Steve,

I also heard that and rolled my eyes. I'm sure he was just trying to keep some semblance of viewer interest in the outcome, but that was a stretch beyond believability. But because it was Dick Stockton, I'll give him a break. He's been around a long, long time, and while he's not great, he's good, and he lets the game be the star, not himself. But please Dick, don't do that again.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:53 am

tjmakz wrote:Matty,

First round is 1/8, 2/7, 3/6, 4/5.
Winner of 1/8 plays 4/5, winner of 2/7 plays 3/6.
If all goes according to seeding, 1/2 play in Conference Championship.
In my opinion, the #1 seed has a huge advantage this year of not having to face Miami in the 2nd round.
But as they say, to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Hi,
I thought that in the 2nd round of playoffs the highest seeded team plays the lowest seeded team. For instance, if 1 beats 8, 4 beats 5, 2 beats 7 and 6 beats 3, then the 2nd round is 1-6 and 2-4. ???

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:13 am

sinus,

Teams do not re-seed after each round.
So if 7 beats 2 and 6 beats 3, they play each other in round 2 while team 1 would play team 4. (If it worked out that way).
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:21 am

I watched most of the Chicago-Atlanta game last night. Man, those Bulls are scary good. Thibs has turned them into a bunch of defensive zealots, just like he did with us. Their offense was flowing ridiculously easy. They shot almost 75% in the first half! Granted, a lot of that HAS to come from poor Atlanta defense, but still...

This was their second blowout on a back-to-back. Most teams would be estatic if they just win both games of a back-to-back, much less win both in blowouts.

They are really, really feeling it. They are going to be tough, no matter who they play, in the playoffs.

If what TJ is saying is correct, and I think it is, then that's another good reason to try for #1 seed. Not that I'm afraid of Miami, or that Chicago should be either, but they might force their opponent (either Boston or Chicago) to expend themselves emotionally beating them. It could only help having some of the starch be taken out of the Bulls. They scare me a lot more than the Tepids.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:25 am

BTW, is Shaq back tonight? Time to sprint for the finish line. It's clear CHI and MIA don't plan on losing anymore games to the playoffs. Likewise, we need to do the same.

Clueless in NC
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down