Daniels Will Have Surgery Next Week

2 posters

Go down

Daniels Will Have Surgery Next Week Empty Daniels Will Have Surgery Next Week

Post by 112288 Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Marquis Daniels will have surgery a week from today for the bruised spinal cord he sustained a month ago, according to his agent, Mark Bartelstein, with the hopes that the operation will allow him to return to the court.

"The hope is that it will relieve the episodes that he's having, going numb when he gets hit," Bartelstein said. "He's in good spirits now that the surgery's set."

Daniels was taken off the court on a stretcher during the Celtics' win over the Orlando Magic Feb. 6 at TD Garden after awkwardly running into Gilbert Arena's chest making a move to the basket. It was one of the recurring incidences when Daniels has gone numb after freak contact.

The Celtics traded Daniels at the deadline to the Sacramento Kings for a second-round draft pick in 2017. Daniels, a seven-year veteran, has had injury issues throughout his career. While this latest setback will be season-ending, Bartelstein said he hopes it won't be career-ending.

Bartelstein said, "Our plan with the surgery is that the prognosis will be very good that he'll play again."

Back to top Go down

Daniels Will Have Surgery Next Week Empty Re: Daniels Will Have Surgery Next Week

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:15 pm

I had been wondering just what was up with him. I hope it all works out for him, but if there are no guarantees, he should retire. Nothing takes the place of being able to walk and stand. Good luck, Marquis, you were one of my favorites this year.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down