+5
MDCelticsFan
mrkleen09
bobc33
NYCelt
Sam
9 posters

Go down

IF YOU WERE GUARANTEED THAT ONE OF THE TWO (AND ONLY ONE) WOULD BE AVAILABLE AND HEALTHY THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS, WHICH O'NEAL WOULD YOU PREFER?

POLL ON THE CENTER POSITION Vote_lcap46%POLL ON THE CENTER POSITION Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
POLL ON THE CENTER POSITION Vote_lcap54%POLL ON THE CENTER POSITION Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

POLL ON THE CENTER POSITION Empty POLL ON THE CENTER POSITION

Post by Sam Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:14 pm

[b]
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

POLL ON THE CENTER POSITION Empty Re: POLL ON THE CENTER POSITION

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Sam,

I couldn't find a box for Acie Earl or Jerome Moiso so I voted for one of the other guys.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:44 pm

I think the Cs play their best ball by far with a healthy Shaq in the lineup, but if JO plays like he did tonight we're good.

Acie Earl, didn't he drop 40 on us one night playing for the Raptors?

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 pm

bobc33 wrote:I think the Cs play their best ball by far with a healthy Shaq in the lineup, but if JO plays like he did tonight we're good.

Acie Earl, didn't he drop 40 on us one night playing for the Raptors?

Yeah, his one highlight moment.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

JON clearly is the better player at this point. But I am hoping for a cameo appearance by Shaq against Howard in round #2.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 am

Cameo was a Funk Band headed by Larry Blackmon in the late 70's thru the late 80's famous for the monster jam "Word Up" in 1987. In the voting, I couldn't find a box for Henry Finkle and was sorely dissapointed. (LOL)!

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:22 am

I was sorta looking for Jim Ard.

But seriously folks,

No one on this team can bring the things Shaq can when able. If we only had one for 20 minutes a game, gotta be Shaq.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:23 am

Shaq is the more dominating player at that position. JON wouldn't be playing many more minutes than him anyway, so that's not a big factor. JON is defensible, but who can defend against a healthy and active Shaq?

Hopefully, this is nothing more than mental masturbation, and we'll have both of them back soon and for the rest of the playoffs.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:47 am

frankly, I would prefer Pervis Ellison. he was such a nice guy
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:17 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:frankly, I would prefer Pervis Ellison. he was such a nice guy

Pervis "Never Nervous" Ellison. Now there's a blast from the past and the vault of unfulfilled potential due to injury!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:05 pm

What the heck!!! I can only vote once in this poll? It's unAmerican to not be able to vote more than once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Interesting to see the divided opinion. I usually don't vote in my own polls, but I decided to cast my vote for Jermaine.

In my estimation, Shaq represents solid bulk, while Jermaine represents much greater liveliness. Liveliness on defense (great blocks to bolster the defensive swarm) and liveliness on the offensive boards. Those are two areas in which I think the Celtics most need big man help. Jermaine and Shaq are only one rebound (per 36 minutes) apart. I wouldn't depend on either of them for a lot of points, although I believe Jermaine's offensive repertoire is more varied, while Shaq's is more of a one trick pony (wheel and stuff it or wheel and get fouled and miss the freebies).

It could be that Shaq's bulk would be a real asset against Howard or Bynum, but frankly I think they're both quick enough to go around him. And I believe Jermaine is better equipped to counter those moves. Moreover, it seems to me that Jermain's taking of charges is showing pretty good toughness out there.

If Shaq came back, I'd have to be shown that he's in shape for playoff basketball. Jermaine has demonstrated to me that he's in shape for playoff basketball. I agree with Doc that the Celtics don't win yesterday's game without Jermaine.

Of course, the best thing about this poll is that it guarantees good health. That may be the most important thing, even if it's a fantasy.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Sam

I also cast my vote form pretty much the same reasons.

I really believe that JON is actually healthy and in good shape. For most of his career he was the first or second option on the team. Now he is surrounded by 4 allstars.

I really like his ability to rotate and block shots. Offensively he stays within his comfort zone. Get him 28 MPG and the Celtics are a lock to move into the 2nd round. Writing this post while watching the Heat/Sixers game. The Celtics will need to be on their game when that matchup begins.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:18 pm

I am in total agreement with you about JO. As I told Sam before, I feel that he is going to be the "X" factor for the Celtics in the playoffs. If he remains healthy and and stay on the floor as much as he did last night, they will be in good shape. I have liked this signing since day one, and even though we were without him for the bulk of the season, I still feel he is vital to both the offense and defense. He appears to be in good shape, losing 25 or so pounds and is much more mobile than I could have ever dreamed once he got hurt at the beginning of the season.

He is so excited to be on this team right now, hopefully it will work out for both sides!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down