The Logo joins the Warriors

4 posters

Go down

The Logo joins the Warriors Empty The Logo joins the Warriors

Post by bobheckler Sat May 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Laker legend Jerry West has joined the Golden State Warriors as a consultant. He has also, it is being reported, been given a minority ownership stake in the franchise.

This just made it a little bit easier to root for GSW. I try to support my local teams but it is tough with Golden State, for obvious reasons. If the players don't respect and listen to West, they need to get drop-kicked out of that locker room ASAP. He has accomplished every goal they dream of (except beating the Celtics for a championship, but 1969 sure wasn't his fault. He is still the only player in the history of the Finals MVP voting to win the award and be on the losing team).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Logo joins the Warriors Empty Re: The Logo joins the Warriors

Post by beat Sat May 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Bob

Maybe West can point the players that don't listen to his "other" team a few 100 miles south.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 pm

New owners, new ways. Nice of them to step up like this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Warriors-draft-a-contract-of-promises-for-their-?urn=nba-wp3760

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 am

Bob,

It's going to take time, but there's actually reason to be optimistic for the future of the Warriors. It's been a long time since I felt that way. I hope they keep things moving in the right direction.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Outside wrote:Bob,

It's going to take time, but there's actually reason to be optimistic for the future of the Warriors. It's been a long time since I felt that way. I hope they keep things moving in the right direction.

Outside

outside,

I've been living in the bay area since 1992. Even if GSW were great I still wouldn't switch allegiance, but it'd make for a better local option. I've been waiting that long for that better viewing option. No, I didn't consider Run-TMC to be a good option, not for going deep into the playoffs. Too small. Entertaining, but significantly outmuscled.

With the Lakers getting older and/or rebuilding, San Antonio in a geriatric ward, Houston in limbo, Denver all confused and Portland losing Roy (?) there might actually be an opportunity for GSW to crawl up into the #4 playoff slot (not in order: OKC, Dallas, LAL (they won't drop beyond #4 for the next year or two). The competition will come from Memphis, fresh off their inspiring run this year and the Clips. Having a homecourt series in the playoffs gives you a chance to go deeper into the playoffs and deeper gives you the experience to take it up another notch next season. Once you get there you're a player or two, at most, away.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu May 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Depending on how much of a role he plays this could be very good news for the Warriors...West is one of the best of all time at helping to guide a team IMHO...look out Lakers...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu May 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Bob,

The #4 slot? Wow, I'd be happy with just making the playoffs. I don't think that many teams in the West are going to implode. Portland will be good, Popovich will work his magic and at least make them competitive, Memphis might be much improved, and New Orleans might make some noise. I don't think the Warriors making the playoffs is a gimme. They are in desperate need for a big man.

But I like your optimism. And hey, just even considering the possibility of position in the playoffs is a whole different mindset for someone following the Warriors.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down