Support for Summitt

Go down

Support for Summitt Empty Support for Summitt

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm

I cried when I heard the news of the early onset of dementia for college basketball's winningest coach. Pat Summitt is a national icon, a treasure, a natural resource. She is to women's college hoops what Red was to men's pro hoops and what Wooden was to men's college hoops. She has spoken to fortune 500 companies, appeared at Congressional hearings, and touched those far beyond her sport: 1,071 wins, 199 losses don't tell the entire story. If you graduate a Lady Vol, you generally go one to be a valuable asset to your community largely due to the ethics Coach Summitt has cultivated in you. When Peyton Manning was undecided about returning to Tennessee for his senior year, he did not consult with then football coach Phil Fulmer, he sought out the wisdom of Pat Summitt. I had the pleasure of meeting her several years ago when the Lady Vols played George Washington in D.C. Coach Summitt is very down to earth, not pretentious, and a joy to converse with. I pray to God that HE gives her the strength to battle this dreaded condition. I hope she coaches as long as she is physically and mentally able to lead the young people she recruits God Bless Coach Summitt

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down