Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey

+2
beat
gyso
6 posters

Go down

How many games will we win out of games 11-20:

Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap6%Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap0%Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap0%Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap38%Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap19%Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap25%Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap12%Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Empty Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey

Post by gyso Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:35 am

Half of the first 10 games are complete, leaving the Celtics with a 5-0 record. This is the Survey for the second group of 10 games. Below, you will find some info that may be helpful in your choice:

Here is a link to the Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Season Schedule:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/bos/schedule

The second 10 game stretch of the season takes place between November 14th and December 4th. 10 games in 21 days.

The Celtics open this stretch at Indiana and their 10th game is at Oklahoma City. These 10 games include four at home and six away. The 1st game in this stretch is the 2nd game in a back-to-back (A-H) and is a home game.
There is one back-to-back at the end of the stretch and both games are away.

The game goes like this:

We offer you a little background information, as stated above and provide a schedule, which provides you even more information. We then ask you to guess the number of wins out of ten that the Celtics will win in that stretch. We also ask you to come up with a scenario to go along with your guess.

We just want you to make a guess, provide a story, and we let the 10 game string play out. Whoever is closest to the real events as they play out, gets a Game Survey Tommy Point and we do it again for the next ten games.

For each ten game stretch, we will take another survey. The guesses and the background story must be in a post in each survey thread to count. There will be seven 10-Game Surveys plus a final 12-Game Survey. Whoever gets the most Game Survey Tommy Points gets bragging rights, that's about it.

gyso

Go Celtics!!!
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Empty Re: Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey

Post by gyso Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:41 am

I voted for 9 wins.

My guess as to that the one loss is to the Knicks. That game is at 1:00 PM on a Sunday in New York. The 1:00 PM start hasn't been kind to us in the past.

Any more votes?

gyso

Go Celtics!!!

Back to top Go down

Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Empty Re: Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey

Post by beat Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:10 am

GYSO

I said 10-0 for the first ten
why change

10-0 for the next ten too.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:35 pm

beat wrote:GYSO

I said 10-0 for the first ten
why change

10-0 for the next ten too.

beat

beat,

I hope you have better luck with the second 10 game stretch!!!

Everyone, please place your bets!! Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_question

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:02 pm

I went for 8-2.

Orl at home, Philly and Toronto at home, the 1pm game in NY, and the four game road trip. Add in the couple of back-to-backs (incl @Indiana, which beat both Boston and LA around this time last year) feel like it all adds up to 8-2.

PS- did someone get confused and pick 1-9 thinking they were picking 9-1 ?

Or is mArtinilover roaming the board all of a sudden ?
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:20 pm

babyskyhook wrote:I went for 8-2.

Orl at home, Philly and Toronto at home, the 1pm game in NY, and the four game road trip. Add in the couple of back-to-backs (incl @Indiana, which beat both Boston and LA around this time last year) feel like it all adds up to 8-2.

bsh,

Very interesting!! (with German accent as I stroke my beard)

If it is a mistake, they can change their vote.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:34 pm

gyso wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:I went for 8-2.

bsh,

Very interesting!! (with German accent as I stroke my beard)

If it is a mistake, they can change their vote.

gyso

Can't imagine someone thinks they're going 1-9. Unless Sam is running a Clippers board on the side and one of his Clips members got on the wrong board and got confused. Razz
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 am

I'll go 7-3. They will lose one we should have won and win one we should have lost. We'll lose to Miami, Indiana and OKC. And I hope I am way wrong about those three!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:56 am

dbrown4 wrote:I'll go 7-3. They will lose one we should have won and win one we should have lost. We'll lose to Miami, Indiana and OKC. And I hope I am way wrong about those three!!

dbrown,

Thanks for posting a guess on this thread. Don't worry, just because you pick three losses doesn't mean we will blame you if the Celtics lose to those teams.

Or will we blame you...

I remember a guess that someone made that we would lose to Phoenix, who was that from...

https://samcelt.forumotion.net/hot-celtics-and-basketball-topics-f1/season-schedule-and-first-10-games-survey-t27.htm

Oh, yeah, I remember.

Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_razz Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_razz Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_razz Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_razz Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_razz Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_razz Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_razz Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_razz Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_razz

One laughing guy for every win he also predicted!! Let's hope that part turns out to be true as well.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:19 am

Hey, I want to be wrong. No one will be happier if the Celtics go 10-0 than me!! They need a real good practice session or 2 over the break. That's a tough ten game stretch. Not as tough as CLE next two games, though!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 pm

I'll go 8-2 for the second ten games. (8 wins that is)

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:50 am

Well, the first 10 games are over and we ended up with a record of 8-2. I posted the results of the First 10 Game Survey on the thread of that name.

The Second 10 game stretch starts tomorrow on the road in Indiana. We only have 9 votes recorded so far. We only have 5 written results.

There is less than one day to offer up a guess in this contest.

If you don't vote, you will be missing out on this chance of a lifetime victory!! Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey Icon_cheers

Vote early, vote often!! (at least vote once)

Thanks,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:56 am

I vote 7-3 got some work to do.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:20 am

GYSO

I gotta ask myself am I trying to win a prediction contest or root for the C's?

Team has issues with overall effort from what I see. So I'll change to a more realistic 7-3 for the 2nd 10.

beat

losses Indy Orlando Miami
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:07 am

Vote early, vote often!! (at least vote once)

Thanks,

gyso[/quote]

I am an Irish Catholic guy from Boston, I have that voting often thing down.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:34 am

beat wrote:GYSO

Team has issues with overall effort from what I see. So I'll change to a more realistic 7-3 for the 2nd 10.

beat

Thanks, beat.

We all hope the Celts go 10-0, and to hope for anything but wins each time out would be lame. But that is not the intent here. We are just playing a harmless guessing game.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey
by beat on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:20 am

Thought I'd bring this back up top.
Not to be Miss Cleo or Kreskin but I thought the C's would go 7-3 in the second ten losses to Indy Orlando and the Heat, geesh I hope I don't turn into Miss Cleo?

GYSO

beat

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:52 pm

beat wrote:Re: Season Schedule and Second 10 Games Survey
by beat on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:20 am

beat

beat-

I'm having the same dilemma in reverse. Do I want the Cs to lose tonight or do I want to go 2 for 2 in the 10 game survey ? Very Happy

Hmmmmmmmm.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down