Sam
David14
beat
NYCelt
gyso
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many games will we win out of games 1-10: (0 is not an option)

Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap0%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap0%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap32%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]
Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap36%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]
Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_lcap32%Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 22

Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Empty Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey

Post by gyso Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Here is a link to the Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Season Schedule:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/bos/schedule

The first 10 games take place between October 27th and November 13. 10 games in 18 days.

The Celtics open the regular season at Cleveland and their 10th game is at home against Atlanta. The first 10 games include six at home and four away. There are three back-to-backs, with the 10th game being the first game in yet another back-to-back. The first back-to-back is away-home. The next is away-away and the last one and a half are home away.

Last edited by gyso on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:27 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : The text color made it hard to read, so I modified it. Twice now.)
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Empty Re: Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey

Post by NYCelt Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:07 pm

GYSO,

The lone loss in the first ten games will come at home to Phoenix.

It will be a close contest decided in the final five seconds of the game.

And if I come anywhere near being right on that I will be even more surprised than you.

9-1 after 10 games anyway.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Empty Re: Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey

Post by gyso Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm

NYCelt,

I think our first loss will be one of the Philly-Minnesota double away back-to-back games. Doc is supposedly resting some of his vets during back-to-backs and after the quick first four games, may impliment this "resting of the vets" here. One of these two teams is taken too lightly, which leads to the loss.

Since this is so early in the regular season, there isn't much to go on when guessing. So anyway, that is my theory.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:54 pm

GYSO,

Interesting that neither of us said Cleveland in game 1. Are we both dissing the Shaq attack?

I think if they take that one the emotional lift is going to be something else. If they don't it just confirms Cleveland will be tough again this year, which is no great revelation.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:07 pm

What the heck
10-0 until we actually lose one then I will change it. But until then 10 - 0 is attainable.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:12 pm

NYCelt,

I thought of the game with Cleveland. They will be pulling out all the stops. Shaq will play more minutes than usual. Even so, I like our chances, even at Cleveland.

I may reconsider after next Wednesday's last pre-season game. (LOL)

gyso

Season Schedule and First 10 Games Survey Icon_basketball
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:24 am

Don't have it in me to predict any losses for the C's. Therefore, I went with 10-0!!!

Last edited by David14 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add a comment)
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:08 am

GYSO,

If I could just find a way to upload that schedule into this forum's calendar, I could die a happy man.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:13 am

Sam,

I beleve that they did it manually in Dslack's board. For now, I plan to run a new survey for every 10 games, so we will at least have access to a schedule.

Maybe later, I will see what can be done. I looked a little and didn't see where an "Import" function was available. If you can find that, we can try to see if we can use it.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:17 am

Sam wrote:GYSO,

If I could just find a way to upload that schedule into this forum's calendar, I could die a happy man.

Sam

Sam,

Although I don't know how much time I'll have this week, I deal with a pretty bright guy for some of our online tech systems.

We've had several issues transferring data among applications that he's solved. If I can get the chance to ask him he might take a look.

I'll try and stay on it and keep you posted.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:51 am

Everyone,

Only seven votes so far. The trend is beginning to show.

We are certainly (as a group) optomistic about the Celtics this year!!

To everyone who has not yet voted, please do. The polls close before game one!!

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 pm

We have a couple more votes with a week to go!!

Vote early, vote often!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:36 pm

Ten and 0. Believe it. Sometimes thats all it takes.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:17 am

Up to 10 votes so far...

Two days to go until we open at Cleveland!!!

Get your vote in before the polls close at noon on Tuesday!!!

Don't forget to leave a post to indicate your choice.

Thanks,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:30 am

I'm feeling grumpy and sleepy this Sunday morning, and that translates into 8 and 2 for the Cs.

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:55 am

Get by cleveland first..then we run off to 10-0.

DJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SAM L. BILLRKG Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:15 am

The good thing about the back to backs is they're playing Jersey, Charlotte and minnesota. The bad news is they're coming off of Cleveland, Phily and phoenix.
The good news is they're playing Jersey, Minnesota and Charlotte. The bad news is they're playing Cleveland, Chicago (that should be interesting), Utah, Atlanta, New Orleans and Phily.
The celtics went perfect against all of those team except Cleveland (2-2), Charlotte (2-1 C's), Utah (1-1) and Chicago (2-1 C's) last season.
I think that they'll get 9 or 10.

SAM L. BILLRKG

Back to top Go down

Post by GAShamrock60 Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:51 pm

I think they go 9-1 Being on the road for the first game will be tough. LB will get all the calls and they may lose that game. If not I think they will have an off night on a back to back and lose one. I would be nice if they could get off to a great start like last year.

GAShamrock60

Back to top Go down

Post by SAM L. BILLRKG Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:12 pm

I think they should match up well with Cleveland. Davis and Perk can handle Shaq. Kg and Wallace can take Varego and help with Shaq and big Z. Peirce can play LBJ and it will be good to see how daniels helps out against the king. Allen will be playing a stiff Delonte West who didn't play much in the pre season and has had many personal issues and if West doesn't play Allen should take advantage of Gibson. Rondo should match up well with Williams. Daniels will be helping out with Moon too when he comes off the bench so it looks to be a telling, good first game. The back to backs shouldn't be something to worry about with Jersey and Minnesota and Charlotte being the advisories.

SAM L. BILLRKG

Back to top Go down

Post by BanglaCeltFan Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:08 pm

I may be wrong, but this seems like a fallacy of composition along the following lines: (A) I can predict that this year's Celtics will be a great team; (B) Great teams win ball games; and, therefore, (C) I can predict Celtic wins!!!!
Perhaps I haven't correctly portrayed a fallacy of composition, but the point remains that we cannot predict the number of wins, but as die-hard fans we can hope and pray and wish that the Celtics win all the time.
Since we don't possess such predictive powers of foreseeing the future, nor can we utilize any sound logic that would offer a firm prediction, it is mystifying why anyone would poll anything other than 10-0; that is what we desire, and so isn't that the only possible outcome that we should all collectively project?
So, my hope/desire/prayer-masquerading-as-prediction is that the Celtics will pummel Cavs on opening night, and then the next team, and next and so on.
Of course, we may lose a few (here's to hoping very very few), but I would hardly want to predict any one of those losses.
My apologies if I seem to offend; but I assure you that is the furthest thing from my mind. Just that don't want to hearing predictions about Celtics losses even before the season and game is underway.

BanglaCeltFan

Back to top Go down

Post by SAM L. BILLRKG Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:34 pm

That's a fair post BanglaCeltFan but i don't agree with you. I think people do like to make assumptions on who will win and what to expect, and learning other opinions, (i know i do). But it is true that thinking of things like what to watch, Kg's knee, Rondo's j, Sheed fitting in, Daniels fitting in and how defends LBJ, if and when Hudson plays does he play well, Perks shoulder, if T.A. is showing enough promise to keep, how allen and pierce are doing are better things to discuss to better analyze upcoming games and what to watch in them instead of debating who wins. This is a good idea but it's not as debatable as how many games the Celtics will win. I think debating about the Celtics is part of why people post here and i also think they enjoy a friendly Celtic argument and learning the opinions and expectations of others. So personally i enjoy these discussions but you are entitled to you own opinion.

SAM L. BILLRKG

Back to top Go down

Post by BanglaCeltFan Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm

I will only respond halfheartedly because this is not much a disagreement. I completely agree with you about the great joy and invaluable knowledge to be gained from discussing a team's makeup, current health and disposition of individual players, as well as the overall strengths and weaknesses of our team and the opposition on any given night. I enjoy these discussions as much as the next fan and spend much enjoyable time doing so. Indeed, that is precisely why I am provisionally checking out this fascinating site.
But, as you yourself note (if I read you correctly), that is not the same as predicting "how many games the Celtics will win." So, I fail to see what part of my statement you're disagreeing with.
Again, my main point is that discussing such matters is different from making baseless predictions. In fact, I don't see much point of predictions for many reasons, but I will add only two: (1) there is no basis for it, certainly at this early date, and with all else being equal; (2) more importantly, given the high quality of the team, any prediction here and at this time seems like an exercise in predicting LOSSES, and I hardly care for that.
Truth be told, like everybody else here (and, I am confident, including you) I can think of many sound reasons (game by game) as to why the Celtics could win all ten, and thats good enough for me. On other hand, any argument of a particular loss to a particular can be soundly refuted with equally good reasoning!!!! In fact, looking at the first ten games, I could make a fairly cogent case for why my wish to see them win each and every one is not an entirely unrealistic one.
Sure, a team, any team, no matter how good, can lose a game on a given day, for any number of reasons - bad day in the office, injuries, old lady's bad hair day - any number of things can ruin a person's day. But, do I want to be wishing ("predicting") those on my team. My apologies, but I think not.
So, I am all for debating strengths and flaws and such, even worrying about certain teams and tough schedules, but I'd rather the motto be "WE SHALL OVERCOME" and not automatically predicting losses. I mean I have a hard time going to sleep after each loss; do you want me to already start losing sleep. But, again, you're also entitled to your opinion and I like what I am hearing. Peace

BanglaCeltFan

Back to top Go down

Post by SAM L. BILLRKG Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:53 pm

that's perfectly fine and reasonable and well said. My only point is for the people who do like these predictions, (although i like to say what to look for more), i don't see why you have to rain on their parades. No hard feelings, i enjoy reading your posts i just found the post you made going against what the people were trying posting about. I agree peace and again no hard feelings.

SAM L. BILLRKG

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:38 pm

BanglaCeltFan wrote:

Again, my main point is that discussing such matters is different from making baseless predictions. In fact, I don't see much point of predictions for many reasons, but I will add only two: (1) there is no basis for it, certainly at this early date, and with all else being equal

I think there is a high level of basketball knowledge on this board, so I wouldn't call any of these predictions baseless.

IMO, the posters here have a good grasp of the Cs and the rest of the Association, the various strengths and weaknesses of the Cs in relation to their main competitors, the offseason changes that the Cs and other teams made, and how the Cs stack up against the rest of the league. So while I'm sure there are plenty of baseless predictions getting pulled out of rear ends all over the Globe site by "fans" of various teams, I would have to look hard to find a prediction on here that I considered baseless.

That being said, in my mind, the whole point is to have some fun with it.

I voted for 8-2. Lot of quality teams in that stretch, with some trap games like Charlotte thrown in also. 8-2 would translate to a mid-60's win total, which is what I expect from the C's if they stay healthy.

BTW, I think they get the # 1 seed from the east with a mid-60's win total, with Orlando right behind them.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by BanglaCeltFan Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:07 am

Sam BILLRKG (I keep reading blitzkrieg, specially the one that Celts are going to launch on the rest of league) and BSH (I still can't bring myself to spell that out - like another poster's "nightmare" re: said event in 87 finals, I had the embarrassment of dealing with my new father-in-law at the time who was distinctly questioning his daughter's judgment, watching my tearful reactions):
Anyways, I stand duly chastised - not so much for what I said about "predictions" - I still maintain that they should not be confused with team and trend analysis and such. And, denouncing the prediction mentality is IN NO WAY meant to cast aspersions on the very knowledgeable fans here. Finally, if we are going to be projecting our wishes, come on folks: vote 10-0. It would be nice if at the least the majority of the voters thought the Celts could pull off an unbeaten ten game streak to begin the season. Is that going to happen? Hopefully yes! perhaps not! But, I am an eternal optimist and want to start by wishing for the stars and a nice rack of ribs.
But, as I mentioned, I stand duly chastised. It is apparent that my initial post may have sounded a little sour and seemed to be "raining on their parade" - for that my apologies. It was not the intention, but I admit how it might across that way. In my defense though, please note that I was not criticizing any poster for making predictions, just the notion of "predictions." I think that my point on "predictions" has been entirely missed, BUT, you're right, folks - its all about having fun, and on that count, I was wrong - certainly did not mean to question anyone for having fun. So, lets have fun and vote 10-0.

BanglaCeltFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next