David14
mrkleen09
beat
gyso
LilRip
17 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What To Do With Baby? - Page 5 Empty Re: What To Do With Baby?

Post by gacracker Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Bill:

You lost me. I don't like the notion of changing the screen name change at all. I've changed my avatar but not my screen name. That's a red flag.

The problem is not your screen name and not your avatar. Its that you are all over the place and now you seem to become a cameleon too.

You need to stand and fight for your position if you have a position and if you have the courage rather than muddying the waters by taking on another persona when under close scrutiny.

gc
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:28 pm

GC

Yup everybody is reading everything.

Is this all about the Wallace thing? I think I came in late here. Will go back and read rest of thread.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:32 pm

bigpygme wrote:JT said "not a 'troll' (someone please define and make distinction within my posts)...."

Jerry, beat had already done that, where he said above your post, "You don't need to insult someone directly on here to be considered a troll at least in my opinion. Throwing stuff out there to see what sticks is very troll like behavior. Throwing stuff out there, that is factually wrong to validate your point is worse."

instead of insisting there's nothing wrong here except an intolerant forum, why don't you say that you got off on the wrong foot, or (better) made some assertions that you want to withdraw ... knowing the guys here for a while, i'd bet taking a little owndership and responsibility yourself would clean the slate for a fresh look just fine.

but of course, you're free to maintain your current stance of "this board will be great if it tolerates my opinions voiced as i choose to say them". ... up to you.

Michael in Denver

trying to pin the problem on your fellow posters only digs the hole deeper.

Perhaps I am mistaken (would not be a first) but all I see I have done is post opinions of BBD that are not shared by the majority of the posters here. The consensus here is to place greater value on Davis than do I.......and that's OK with me.

In no manner have I been a volatile poster, I have accepted and appreciated opposing views as well as accepted responsibility for each statement I have made.

In that spirit I agree I am off to a bad start within your group, but would ask anyone to objectively showcase anything I have stated that was rude, offensive, mean spirited or distasteful. Directly or indirectly.

Again, I may be wrong, it seems I just presented a view of a situation that is not shared by the group. I hope we can let this go now.

My apologies to any Davis fans I have offended and any posters that feel I have abused them, though I know not how... I had seen posts objecting to the avatar which is why I chose to change it. Should the group prefer I change it back I'd be glad to. The discussion is the key for me, not the name posted under.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Wow

Just read all that previous stuff.

Knarly.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Bill/ Jerry

I don't think any of us feel attacted or offended.
But have you gone back and looked at your entrance to the thread?

4 of your replies continued the same thought
Davis for Ben or the C's have no backup C.
I saw no one agree with it yet you never came up with anything to really justify this move beyond an opinion which is fine.

Yeah I think the Laimbeer avatar sucked but my goodness this is a CELTIC forum, and Laimbeer has to be one of the most hated players for any Celtic fan that remembers his style of play. That might not have been the best one you could have chosen plus with those original posts as I mentioned sort of set you up for a rough start here, and again I don't feel personally attacted but this stuff you submitted is part and partial the reason I left BDC in the first place.

Anyway lets move on, you do as you wish with your avatar. Just realize that again this is a CELTIC forum, made up of virtually 100% Celtic fans whom most all bleed green and see things thru geen eyes and are as bias as hell.........(sorry bsk and mg) but beyond that as contrary as it sounds most of us can and are pretty darn objective too and will lite into any Celtic we feel needs it as with BB with his recent brain fart.

Oh well getting near game on time and I gotta figure out what the score will be.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:59 pm

Beat

If I may offer a few thoughts. My first post (after reading for a long time) on BDC was a disaster. I wrote something about SHeed's passing and everyone thought he had DIED.

I can dig that all of yall have been posting together for years and it shows.

I guess Dude that I just almost quit cause I was made to feel so bad over there on my FIRST POST EVER.

Sam very nicely welcomed me and sais hey new guy come check out this other thing we are doing and I aint been back to bdc since.

The trolls were turds. But some of the other posters were yound doodes with a mean streak and very limited knowledge.

Not sure where I am going except to say I prolly would have just said to hell with it if it wasnt for Sam reaching out to me and here I m on this board having the time of my life.

Maybe the new guy just shat the bed on this one?

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Dboss,

I've always disliked the two-unit concept too.

The other day, I realized that this may be the first time the Celtics, as Beat says, are truly deep enough in experience to have a second unit that can actually compete with the first unit. Heck, if Sheldon goes down, Scal's even waiting in the wings.

I'm still in favor of situational substitution. But it may be that the two distinct units are one reason why the team has such positive chemistry so early in the season. Maybe getting used to one unit and not having to get used to playing with every individual on the team expedites the situation.

But, on principle, I'm still a situational substitution guy.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:07 pm

Jeb

First I love your writing style and those sayings you toss in there from time to time.

All I have done really is point out the obvious to Bill/Jerry.
His more recent posts haes certainly been fine.

Opinions are just that BUT in my view they must have some reasonable basis (again remember where we are) and the word reasonable has a green overtone.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:13 pm

Beat

You cats are such hoop fiends and so smart that the whole thing can be intimidating is all I am trying to say. Everybody dont have that type of knowledge. The level of smarts on this board is pretty rare.

I realized pretty quick that I was junior and didn't see enough of the early stuff in the 60's to have the same depth of knowledge that a lot of yall have.

Dj just sent me a couple of youtubes on cousy and I was blown away. It was from 63 against the Lakers and as I was watching I realized just how old and hardcore this celts lakes eat west thing was. And felt very small.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm

jeb65 wrote:Beat

If I may offer a few thoughts. My first post (after reading for a long time) on BDC was a disaster. I wrote something about SHeed's passing and everyone thought he had DIED.

I guess Dude that I just almost quit cause I was made to feel so bad over there on my FIRST POST EVER.

Sam very nicely welcomed me and sais hey new guy come check out this other thing we are doing and I aint been back to bdc since.

The trolls were turds. But some of the other posters were yound doodes with a mean streak and very limited knowledge.

Not sure where I am going except to say I prolly would have just said to hell with it if it wasnt for Sam reaching out to me and here I m on this board having the time of my life.

Jeb

jeb,

That was you? The one who claimed that "Sheed passed". That was hysterical! I almost fell on the floor when I read the reactions.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:36 pm

In light of controvery I have created under the screen name 'Bill Laimbeer' I have elected to change screen names and avatar.

The new screen name is 'Jerry Tarkanian' and any posts previously attributed to Laimbeer are mine.

Just FYI to avert any confusion.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:38 pm

Bobheck

MY FIRST POST EVER! Talk about feeling like I shat the bed.

In hindsight it was funny. At the time I felt pretty stupid. As you can tell I sortve mangle the words from time to time.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Jeb

and your first post...............was 556 posts ago.

You must have figgured out something pretty dad gum quick.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Beat

That made me laugh out loud! Thanks.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:13 pm

jeb65 wrote:Beat

Jeb

Jebster, we all have our good days and bad days with posting. It's really no different than real life I suspect. I've had my days wishing I would have thought things out more carefully before "typing". What's that old "hick sayin", make sure your'em brain is engaged before pressin' enter"!!!! The folks on this site, including you, are the best!!! I personally think you add a huge bright light with your passion, enthusiasm and fun Jebism!!

In fact, I can use it tonight. My sister in law, my older brother's wife, just had her second knee replacement and some complications occurred in the middle of the night. I found myself going "remote" at 1:30AM to be with my brother. All is well, however, it's my night in the hopper, and the brain is a bit numb!!!. Therefore, my rookie Post Game appearance will probably reflect a "Travelin Man" with no sleep for two days.

I'm looking forward to some fun Jebisms tonight!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:17 pm

D14

Bad juju in the air today.

Knock that post outta park. Hang in with the health stuff. Will say a prayer.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:31 pm

jeb65 wrote:D14

Bad juju in the air today.

Knock that post outta park. Hang in with the health stuff. Will say a prayer.

Jeb

Thanks Jeb. I understand what you are saying. A nice Celtics win will help all of us.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5