babyskyhook
carpecarpium
Sam
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY Empty POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY

Post by Sam Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:51 pm

Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald reports Glen Davis got into an altercation with a friend (a former teammate—I assume from school) who was visiting him from Lousiaina over the weekend. His right thumb is being x-rayed, and he' could miss tomorrow's Cavs game. I don’t know whether the following was just media sensationalism in action, but Bulpett says surgery could become an option and Baby could miss considerable time.

http://bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/?p=442&srvc=sports&position=recent

Let’s hope for the best for Glen. With Scal out, Williams may suddenly become more of a factor. (I can’t stop calling him “Sherwin.”)

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY Empty Re: POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY

Post by 112288 Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:12 pm

With friends like that who needs enemies! Great, now what. I would like to know who the teammate is.Does Williams now enter the picture or do we double the work load for RW and KG? Interesting times...Just when you think things are fine Murphy's Law prevails!

Last edited by 112288 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY Empty Re: POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY

Post by carpecarpium Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:22 pm

So, Baby may be out for "a significant amount of time." TA and Scal are scratches for at least the opener.

Baby's claiming self defense against the old teammate. I wonder if he's still friends with him.

Hope Baby's as upset about the whole thing as I'm sure Doc and Ainge are.

carpecarpium

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Well at least he won't be complaining about playing time again for a while.

His quotes from last week sounded like a chemistry problem in the making and were the only negative thing I had seen the entire off-season for the Cs besides the shopping of Rondo.

Might be a bit of a silver lining there for you guys with him having to sit a little to start the year.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Been looking around the usual source pages on the internet and everyone is tight lipped. Perhaps its too early in the process of breaking news. I will be checking the NBA Channel for any further information.

I know this may be too early and we don\'t know who started what but if Davis is some what at fault, which I think he is by putting himself in such a situation, does this open up the possibility of a trade. you know who they dropped Pruit like a hot potato after his drunk driving incident. Just a thought.

Last edited by 112288 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by carpecarpium Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:40 pm

If the reports are true and Baby's genuinely contrite, I hope he doesn't get crucified by the press and fans.

Larry Joe Bird in his third year injured his hand in a bar fight right before the series against arch enemy Philly.

Not saying Baby's as important to the team as LB was but even the great ones can make dumb mistakes.

carpecarpium

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:41 pm

What is with these kids today? Making millions and still going out and playing with the boys on Saturday nights???? Ainge is withholding any comment, I hope for Davis's sake it was not his fault. No matter what, here we go again.
Short handed in the big man's spot. Williams is really going to get a chance to prove he belongs now.

What is the deal with Rondo??? WEEI radio reported that the Celtics are pushing hard to sign him this week. After Saturday he is a restricted free agent, right?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:42 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:

What is the deal with Rondo??? WEEI radio reported that the Celtics are pushing hard to sign him this week. After Saturday he is a restricted free agent, right?

Correct.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Boys

Dont sweat it. He is going to be fine. Weve had enough bad luck and this one will break our way.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by carpecarpium Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 pm

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/10/ainge_no_commen.html

Baby's thumb is broken. If so, he'll be out for a while.

carpecarpium

Back to top Go down

POTENTIALLY BAD NEWS ABOUT BIG BABY Empty karma watch

Post by gacracker Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:06 pm

I/we had an animated discussion about karma in a recent thread related to the C's handling of my main man, one of my all time favorites, Leon Powe.

I've loved the C's for 40 years, have seen many players come and go but there was something very special about Leon... and I still grieve his loss. It may have been good business but it was very bad karma IMHO.

I am neither superstitious nor am I terribly knowledgeable about basketball despite my many years following the Celtics nor am I an obnoxious "I told you so"... because I obviously don't know and can't know. And I promise you that I won't bring it up again.

But I am very concerned and I hope I can get on the other side of this feeling so that I can really enjoy watching as we raise #18 at season's end.

Beware of bad karma.

GC

P.S. Go Celtics!!!!
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by carpecarpium Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:18 pm

I was also very disappointed that they didn't sign Leon. Whether Baby's follies are the result of bad karma I do not know but it would be poetic justice if it were.

The bottom line though is that a key member of the rotation will be out for a significant period.

They signed Shelden Williams in part as insurance should injury strike down a member of the heretofore deepest frontcourt in the league.

Looks like it was a pretty good move.

carpecarpium

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:34 pm

Carpe,

Yes, that Williams signing we all wondered about sure is looking good.

One thing Williams can do for certain is rebound. If he's in the rotation on a second unit with House, Daniels and Wallace, that may be all that we need to ask of him.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:55 pm

GC

I think karma is horseshit unless the present is heavily factored in. How are you conducting yourself with the cards your dealt right damn now. I agree with you about Leon but I don't about our karma. We all talk about what a great franchise this is and how well it has conducted itself through the years. So how does all that class add up to len bias or reggie or 25 damn years in the wilderness?

Sometimes karma is a player but there are a million rooms in that mansion.

If baby is gone someone will step in til he gets back. Then like baby last year that player will be stronger come playoff time.

Kids punch each other sometimes.

Anyway...you'll be my hoss if you never run another race but you seem a bit gloom and doomy.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:30 pm

No matter what, even if they had signed Leon, he wouldn't be able to help them out of this one. Baby is out for 6 - 8 weeks. I am sure Ainge is ticked off at him. Leon is going to be lucky to play meaningful minutes this year.
I love Leon too, but...it all comes down to money and logic. I believe Ainge was determined to have a full team from the first day of camp. No waiting to sign one or two players in February. This way, everyone is on the same page and they are not waiting for someone to catch up, (if they ever could). PJ Brown was the only one who managed to pick it up fast enoug We really can't blame the Celtics on this one. If they had signed Leon, they would be short two players at that position now. Williams better get his head on straight, he will play more than he thought he might. Someone has to come in and give KG a break besides Rasheed. This is so disappointing. How could he have been so stupid?????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:36 pm

What I wonder is whether this might make then rethink the Sweetney situation. Not to replace Baby but as an extra "big" just in case someone else goes down.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:39 pm

Hate to say it but, lately Big Baby seems to be living up to his name. I don't know the details but there was a story about him having some attitude at the last game he was in. He doesn't seem to be on the same page as the rest of the team, at the moment. I'm sure that the potential of losing a lot of minutes this year and not getting any serious offers from other teams hasn't help but he seems to have taken a step backwards.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGreenGenes Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Glen is still pretty young, but he needs to start growing up. Whether he was attacked or what remains to be seen, but 6'8" behemoths with MMA skills aren't exactly getting picked on.

We need him healthy but now he'll be out for a while, and all that conditioning he did over the summer may well be down the drain by the time his thumb heals. I can deal with a basketball related injury, but come on Baby you gotta be smarter than that. Poop. I hope he learns from this.

On a side note, I am not confident in Shelden as I was not confident in Mikki Moore last year, but as with Mikki I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he has a decent body of work to judge him on. And as was already stated, if he can play decent D and do some rebounding, he'll be doing his job. That's all we should need out of him for 5-15 minutes a night with the second unit.
MrGreenGenes
MrGreenGenes

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Rosalie,

You make a good point about what Danny and Doc may have been thinking. No open spots; fill out the roster from day one and let them run together as one all season. It makes sense.

I'm sure more will come out by tomorrow on exactly what happened, and I hope there's a better reason than Big Baby acting like one.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:48 pm

There isnt a big man on the team that is ahead of Baby on the depth chart, that he is better than. At some point you have to grow up, take your lumps (and I mean that in a metaphorical way - not related to this story Smile ) and wait for your time to come.

Glen got a nice raise in the off season, and has every reason to believe that he will be a part of the future of this team - long past the days of the Big 3. BUT, he needs to bide his time and some some maturity if that will ever happen.

This kind of incident happens. The timing is bad, but what can you do. I mean, it isnt like he was speeding around on this motorcycle loaded with automatic weapons or anything.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Its better that it happens now than before a playoff series like when Bird did it,ofcourse Babys broken thumb is worse than Birds which didn't make him miss anytime.I would hope someones reading him the riot act to not be put around people or situations to mess up your career and life,hopefully this is a blessing for someone to awaken,hang out with sh!t your gonna smell like sh!t too.....remember Pierces stabbing?Hopefully Williams is able to defend and board to his strengths to contribute and show why Ainge signed him,hopefully when Baby does comeback SW will be that much more acclimated to his role and this will overall help team.....maybe it makes our defense even better?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:16 am

I don't want to hear about his displeasure with minutes. He knew what he was getting into before he signed that contract. Grow up, big guy, no one really cares about your attitude. You may be talented, but it is of no good to the Celtics if you are sitting on the bench with a non basketball injury. A friend???? With friends like that, who needs enemies?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:48 am

For Davis to be "horsing around", or get involved in any physicality that endangers his ability to earn a living by contributing to the Celtic cause shows a blatant disregard for responsibility. This would be a good time to bring back Sweetney, and take a hard look at Glen Davis' future here. This is a league for men, not kids. If Glen can't get his act togather, then he doesn't need to be here. The "Karma" angle regarding the C's turning their back on Leon Powe is interesting. I wonder if Baby's malady would have occurred if the C's had shown decency to do right by Powe?

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:25 am

MDCelticFan wrote:For Davis to be "horsing around", or get involved in any physicality that endangers his ability to earn a living by contributing to the Celtic cause shows a blatant disregard for responsibility. This would be a good time to bring back Sweetney, and take a hard look at Glen Davis' future here. This is a league for men, not kids. If Glen can't get his act togather, then he doesn't need to be here. The "Karma" angle regarding the C's turning their back on Leon Powe is interesting. I wonder if Baby's malady would have occurred if the C's had shown decency to do right by Powe?

MD

I know you are not trying to tell us that you never made a mistake as a 23 year old.

Just because these guys are making millions of dollars, does not preclude them from being children and going through things that every 20-something does.

I am not excusing him, but in the big picture – this is a small issue, and nothing that should warrant any kind of “hard look at his future”

Mistakes happen. Lets give the kid a break.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by carpecarpium Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:36 am

If Baby had a pattern of knuckle headed behavior then the team should take a hard look at his future.

But this seems to be a really stupid but isolated mistake. Ainge and Doc and the rest of the team must be furious and rightly so. I hope that Baby's hanging his head on this one.

Nothing to be done now. Williams will see more minutes. Baby hopefully will come back a wiser person.

carpecarpium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next