Let the Games Begin

5 posters

Go down

Let the Games Begin Empty Let the Games Begin

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:15 pm

After watching this video I want to rip someone's head off, stuff it through a bottomless peach basket and then bay a challenge at the moon.

My God, I am so ready for ball. So ready.

Let the Games Begin and God help anybody that gets in our way.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Let the Games Begin Empty Re: Let the Games Begin

Post by bobc33 Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 pm

That makes two of us Bob, and obviously a whole lot more of us......

I'm always amazed at the affect a packed Boston Garden chanting DEFENSE has on me, simply sends chills throughout my entire being. One of the more glorious feelings in a person's life.......; which a non sports fan must be puzzled over.

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi,
And add to all that Sully and JG.
Yyyyeeeesss!
Ah... yes it looks like #18! Yes, it does!

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:38 am

bobc33 wrote:That makes two of us Bob, and obviously a whole lot more of us......

I'm always amazed at the affect a packed Boston Garden chanting DEFENSE has on me, simply sends chills throughout my entire being. One of the more glorious feelings in a person's life.......; which a non sports fan must be puzzled over.

This vs that piped in crap that we hear in other arenas.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:19 am

One of the new guys said a while back, "It's going to be fun." He was talking about the players getting to know each other and the young guys learning from the veterans and from each other.

It's already fun for the fans. This is an electric mix of players and Doc seems more emotionally invested than ever. It's even fun watching him. He said this is how he always wanted to coach. Go for it, Doc!

And they still don't have Wilcox and Bradley. Tell me Bradley couldn't have slowed down MacMuffin. He would have eaten him like a turkey! Rondo's playing as though he already has Bradley beside him. Good, because he needs Bradley. Bradley pushes Rondo on both offense and defense.

It's so much fun you don't know who to focus on and you can't see everything going on at once. It'll take months to really get to know what each new guy can do; years for some, like Melo. And Sully's so effective at this team's greatest weakness, Doc is going to have to give him some minutes. We know Doc doesn't like throwing rookies to the wolves, but Sully already seems to have what it takes.

Then there's the no-fun part: the lingering defensive rebounding issue. After one preseason game, I can categorically state that there's more going on here than not blocking out or not putting in the required effort. The ball is bouncing away from them. The Cs can have five guys surrounding the defensive basket and still the ball will squirrel thru or bounce over them. Part of that was due to the other team's hyper-effort, but there's no such thing as a Turkish leprechaun, so I don't get it.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down