Sam
Outside
beat
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Update Article On Trade Rumor - Page 2 Empty Re: Update Article On Trade Rumor

Post by 112288 Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:38 pm

KellyGreen17 wrote:Thanks Bob. I meant nobody starts playing basketball at age 25 and then makes the NBA, not that nobody can start playing in the NBA at age 25.

What do you mean Rodman was a freak? He seemed pretty normal to me...
Fun fact: Dennis Rodman's dad fathered 27 children from 4 different women. Makes for one heck of a family reunion right?

I guess it does bring the word "ThanksGiving" into proper prospective!

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:46 pm

Haha, sure does 112288! Apparently Mr. Rodman was a VERY generous man.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:51 pm

Since the Celts start out the 2010-11 season with at least 63 mil. in contracts their chances to up grade the roster next year with a player of starter quality will be limited to our M.L.E The addition of Nocioni now represents a Bonus for next year. Perhaps a deal could still be made later in the year to get the same results. On another point that becomes a factor in this senario is managements decissions regarding Ray Allen's contract. Based on what happens the rest of the year, will they want to resign him or will they start a salary dump and look forward to becoming a player in the free agent market in a couple of years? If they are leaning towards a sell-off, I would doubt that they would add 13 mil. onto the payroll. Time will tell.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:50 pm

In hoops world, it is $58.3 Million Non Guarantees to Hudson $760,000 and $850,000 Walker. Can Pierce restructure his contract? He would be in early termination clause of his contract.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:20 pm

I got my numbers from Hoops Hype and that 63 mil. figure was for the 6 guarranteed contracts only. Also I believe a team ,during the off season, has to add about 824,200 k for each unfilled roster space below 12. As it stands now that would be 6 spots-- an additional 5 mil. I checked out the restructuring of Pierce's contract. To heavy for me. I think I'll let the experts handle that. I believe that its going to be very difficult to get any significant cap space until both Paul's and Ray's contracts are off the book.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:58 pm

I would be against this trade for the following reasons: Please feel free to pick my logic apart.

Nocioni is a solid player. He can score, rebound and is a physical defender. However, he is only suited to be a role player at the SF position and based on his salary over the next 3 years including the $7.5 million this year, he would be a very expensive option for a guy that probably will not get enough minutes to justify a trade.

Next year the Celtics have to make a decision on retaining Ray Allen. This would be easier financially if we let both the salaries of TA and Scalabrine expire.

Next year the Celtics also need to make a decision about Daniels who is on a one year deal and surprisingly took very short money to join the team. Again the contract for a overprice role player like Nocioni will make it more difficult to keep Marquis.

The Celtics have a very deep bench and I do not see where Nocioni could fit in. Nocioni is a small forward which means he would be looking for minutes behind Paul Pierce but I thought that was why we went out and signed Daniels. Daniels appears to be a better 3 than a 2 so if Nocioni was brought in where would Daniels play?

If you played Daniels at the 2 then what happens to Eddie House who is a better 2 than a one?

By adding another player to the mix the rotations could easily be thrown out of whack. The Celtics are still getting adjusted to the additions of Daniels, Wallace, Williams and even Hudson. last Year's rookies, JR and Walker have yet to see any in game development time.

Lastly, when I view the Celtics short term and long term needs I see the biggest need for a stud 2 or 3 that can eventually take over as a major scoring option since both RA and PP will see their production decline.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Daniels according to hoopsworld is at $2.15 for next year. Daniels can be shifted to point guard and allow House to be at #2 guard. The Celtics have always bombed when House is at point guard. Nocioni salary goes down next 2 year to $6.8 and $6.6. In my eyes Ray Allen takes over for Eddie House next year, coming off the bench and playing #2 guard. Ray would be more versatile then House is right now in that role next year. House is a hired gun and if he is not hitting 3's he has no game out side of it. Celtics need a Posey like player who can play hard Defense and have an attitude . This guy has those skills.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:39 pm

According to my information Daniels only signed a one year deal. Try Hoopshype.

Daniels is no more of a PG than Eddie. Yes he can dribble the basketball but he does not have the type of PG skills that could remotely be considers for a full time BU position and as I stated, they got Marquis mainly to BU PP and Ray Allen but not Rajon. Nocioni's salary does go down but not enough to justify paying him that much to be a bench player. If Ray Allen takes over for Eddie House next year who takes over for Ray Allen at the shooting guard? Daniels? i don't think so because he is a slasher not a shooter. Nocioni obviously is not a 2 and PP at this point is too slow to play the 2. Nocioni is simply no match for any quality 3. He is certainly no James Posey and if the Celtics were not willing to pay Posey why would they pay Nocioni? The Celtics need a young stud to bring along at the 2 or 3 spot.

The way I see it the Celtics have everything they need already. At least for this year. How Rivers utilizes these players will determine how far the team goes.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:15 pm

dboss wrote:112288

According to my information Daniels only signed a one year deal. Try Hoopshype.

Daniels is no more of a PG than Eddie. Yes he can dribble the basketball but he does not have the type of PG skills that could remotely be considers for a full time BU position and as I stated, they got Marquis mainly to BU PP and Ray Allen but not Rajon. Nocioni's salary does go down but not enough to justify paying him that much to be a bench player. If Ray Allen takes over for Eddie House next year who takes over for Ray Allen at the shooting guard? Daniels? i don't think so because he is a slasher not a shooter. Nocioni obviously is not a 2 and PP at this point is too slow to play the 2. Nocioni is simply no match for any quality 3. He is certainly no James Posey and if the Celtics were not willing to pay Posey why would they pay Nocioni? The Celtics need a young stud to bring along at the 2 or 3 spot.

The way I see it the Celtics have everything they need already. At least for this year. How Rivers utilizes these players will determine how far the team goes.

dboss

I would just comment that one of the positions up for fill is Ray's position. If he is sane in his worth next year, we keep him and fill the starting role with a top flight talent. If he thinks he is worth more, he is gone anyway because Ainge will not pay big dollars on an aging star.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:39 am

In addition to the obvious skills and versatility he would add on the floor, Nocioni would also provide flexibility in the Ray and Daniels negotions that are sure to begin in the not-too-distant future. Knowing the Celtics have a "bird in the hand" could encourage Ray and Daniels not to try to hold up the Celts.

It looks, in some quarters, that the deal won't happen. But it's got to be intriguing to Danny, and it may be noteworthy that we haven't heard any denials from him personally...just from the infamous "sources."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:41 am

word of caution: Nocioni is a decent ball player who might be a tad overpaid. he takes bad shots (this may be because he's on bad teams), and he's only an average defender and rebounder. he's tough as nails tho and is very physical.

i'm not crazy over this deal. it could be good, and it could be bad. people who have posted before me have mentioned great valid points.

sidenote however, since Eddie House has been mentioned more than a few times on this thread... did anyone notice just how well Eddie started playing/shooting when Marbury came on board? Marbury who couldn't score as well anymore (constantly hoisting up the farthest 2-point shots possible) but who could still run an offense. does this theory have any legs? perhaps someone on this board would have a more detailed insight to this possibility.

- LilRip
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:43 am

**clarification: not the possibility of Marbury coming back to the C's, but the possibility of a correlation existing between Eddie House's scoring and having a real PG on the floor.

- LilRip
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by GAShamrock60 Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:56 pm

I think he might be a good role player and be able to hit some 3's if Eddie and Ray are in a slump. Going forward his contract is lower the last two years. It really depends on Wyc and how much he's willing to go over the salary cap. The Lakers dont's seem to mind so we will have to do it also to stay competitive. If he doesn't work out he will be an expiring contract in 2 years that we can trade for somebody. I do agree that it could affect our chemistry but I think he could also give them a spark that they seem to lack at this time in the season. It would also free up a roster spot for later in the season.

GAShamrock60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2