beat
mrkleen09
cowens/oldschool
gacracker
jeb
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

13 Down, 65 Wins To Go! - Page 3 Empty Re: 13 Down, 65 Wins To Go!

Post by jeb Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:40 pm

LAcelt

I feel you. From my perspective I saw it be the worst ever and most obvious during the Jordan years which were nuclear winter for us and I did'nt have a horse in the race. The example of my friend David a casual warrior fan and his acceptance of crookedness as a simple fact was also eye opening to me. Most every fan I know no matter the team is aware of the problem.

I think the nba is the worst by a long shot compared to football baseball hockey etc.

I'll put it this way. If indeed every time "king" james goes to the rim and misses it is called a foul (we are familiar with "bailout" fouls) it gives players which are already the best an advantage that is almost insurmountable. As Sam says you better be up by 14 in the final 4 minutes so it aint even an issue.

After Donahue I really thought Stern would clean things up at least enough to show some effort. He didn't.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

13 Down, 65 Wins To Go! - Page 3 Empty Re: 13 Down, 65 Wins To Go!

Post by babyskyhook Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:48 pm

I saw this quote from Doc the other day, as I'm sure you guys did. I thought it perfectly summarized Sheed's relationship with the refs.

"His teammates are on him. We talked to him about it. But at the end of the day, he's going to have to solve that on his own. Rasheed has a reputation, and he's earned it."

-- Celtics coach Doc Rivers on Rasheed Wallace, who picked up his eighth technical foul against the Bobcats

That's pretty much the bottom line.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3