jeb
MDCelticsFan
dbrown4
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cleveland Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Cleveland Watch

Post by dboss Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:20 pm

I want to put my 3 cents in on the Cleveland watch.

First I think Lebron James is a tremendous basketball player. Yes he is a physical freak but he also can flat out play the game. He has rubbed a few people the wrong way with some things that he has said (I'm giving up 23 to wear # 6) or his recent imitation of 'Dancing Harry' But I would love to have him on the Celtics because he is a great all around player and from what I have read, a great teammate.

As far as Cleveland is concerned, close your eyes and picture this scene.

You girlfriend has the right stuff but everytime you make love with her you notice that her eyes are wide open looking into the distance. She always says all the rights things and is always at your side but something just ain't right. And you're desperate to hold on!

That's Cleveland! Lebron is going to quit them and they cannot do anything about it. Distractions like the over the hill Shaq are only a passing fancy because in the end the love already left.

This is sad because the Cleveland franchise has longed for a winner. The fans and the team and the owner and everyone associated with the franchise have tied their anchors around the broad shoulder of Mr. Lebron James.

What they should have done when he refused to resign with them is to trade him to another team and get maximum value. When he leaves after this year they get nothing in return.

The coach is not at fault because the team signed a player (Shaq)that may help them in the playoffs but cannot get them home court advantage against either the Celtics or the Magic.

If Cleveland has any dignity left, they should go to Lebron mid season and say we need a commitment and if you cannot give us one we are going to trade you to the highest bidder.

Would love to see him traded out west to the clippers to take some starch out of Kobe's sails and at the same time it would stick a big thumb in the eyeballs of the NY Knicks who will end up playing themselves again.

Step up Cleveland! Step up

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 am

OK, Clevland Watch is off the radar for me now. After they came to life, shut down and beat a very good OKC team that should have won, I'm not as worried (or should I be more worried?!!) about CLE as I once was.

I'm sure throughout the season the radar will be flipped on and off for them as we as Celtics fans prepare to meet them in the playoffs. You have to love Mo's half court flip!! But I'm glad you guys jumped on this topic so there is legitimate concern out there for them. As always, we want to beat teams at their very best so there is no question WE ARE THE UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:06 am

dboss wrote:If Cleveland has any dignity left, they should go to Lebron mid season and say we need a commitment and if you cannot give us one we are going to trade you to the highest bidder.

Would love to see him traded out west to the clippers to take some starch out of Kobe's sails and at the same time it would stick a big thumb in the eyeballs of the NY Knicks who will end up playing themselves again.

Step up Cleveland! Step up

dboss

Seems to me that LBJ still controls his own destiny. Why would a team be willing to give up much of anything for LBJ at mid-season unless he is willing to commit to them long-term and at this point... and why should he? Who wants a rent-a-star for half a season?

Playing the field is going to work for James hugely. Already has. All you are going to get from Lebron is at best a lot of whispered sweet nothings, certainly no hot monkey love at this point.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:06 pm

Watched Cleve last eve.

Had to turn the sound off to the Cleveland announcer Austin Carr, what a joke. Nothing but praise to the king as he "puts another one down."

I liked Carr as a player too. I remember him taking down a long UCLA win streak at Notre Dame. But he is just a friggin Bron buddie......so what will he say when the Good Ship Sails out of Cleveland next season?

The radio voice for the Cavs is Joe Tate, he is outstanding but the TV boys need therapy.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:44 pm

beat wrote:Watched Cleve last eve.

Had to turn the sound off to the Cleveland announcer Austin Carr, what a joke. Nothing but praise to the king as he "puts another one down."

I liked Carr as a player too. I remember him taking down a long UCLA win streak at Notre Dame. But he is just a friggin Bron buddie......so what will he say when the Good Ship Sails out of Cleveland next season?

The radio voice for the Cavs is Joe Tate, he is outstanding but the TV boys need therapy.

beat

I too turned off the sound as I did not want to be a party to such weirdness. The emotional vocal connection between Carr and James sounded insufferable to me, bordering on deviant/obscene.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Yeah, I found myself hoping even more CLE would lose just so I could here that douchebag announcer really have to eat it. Alas, I had to eat it!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 am

BEAT: It wasn't Carr that broke the Walton Gang's 88 game winning streak at the Athletic & Convocation Center on the South Bend Campus, it was Dwight Clay. Clay was referred to as "Iceman" before George Gervin. Austin Carr cannot heap enough praise on Lebron-"The King throws the hammer down" That a bigger catch phrase to Carr than, "It is what it is" seems to be to society in general now!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:15 am

MD

Never said it was the LONG 88 game streak!

Bruins had a streak going and lost to Carr and the Irish in 1970-1971. Only loss of that season for the Bruins.

see below

In the midst of their Pac-8 conference play, the Bruins had three consecutive non-conference games. Of note was the game at Notre Dame. On national television, the Irish led by the spectacular performance of Austin Carr, who scored 48 points, defeated the Bruins 89-82. This turned out to be the Bruins last loss for three years. The loss to Notre Dame moved an undefeated USC team ahead of UCLA in the national polls which set the stage for the Bruins next Pac-8 game which was, of course, at USC.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:29 am

BEAT: If I was standing, I'd stand corrected. Since I'm sitting, I defer to your expertise!-I do like Joe Tate as an announcer. I remember listening to him over 3-W E radio in the 70's from Cleveland!-MD.

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add a thought)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:35 am

MD

You are corect about the 88 game streak. Dantley, Schumate, Brokaw, along with Clay ended it.

http://www.mmbolding.com/basketball/NDUCLA74.htm

Scroll down about 1/2 way and watch the amazing final 3 minutes

Little walk down memory lane.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:02 am

BEAT: Great reading! Thanks for including! Makes me yearn for younger times with much more hair, much greater energy, and no need to worry about carbs, diabettis, or cholesterol!-Ya' Know!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:22 am

MD

Hard to believe with an 11 point lead and 3 minutes to go, a Wooden team would find a way to loose. No shot clock, no reason to shoot at all unless it's a layup. But ND forced turnovers and made big shots.

I wonder if the NO DUNK rule still applied then, seems to me it did.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:22 am

I think you're correct concerning the no dunking rule (did not apply to doughnuts or cookies)-It was not lifted until I think the mid-late 70's several years after Alcindor (Jabbar) left UCLA!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3