gyso
cowens/oldschool
David14
dboss
8 posters

Go down

Ugly Foul On Rondo Empty Ugly Foul On Rondo

Post by dboss Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:01 am

Was it a payback for last year when Rondo hit Miller in the head?

From now on Brad will be known to me as Miller the Brute, Miller the Animal or Miller the Thug.

Rajon dusted himself off and calmly went to the line to knock down two. Next possession he pushes the ball at warp speed and goes in for another 'take that' layup. And that set the tone for a hard fought game that resulted in another Blowout of the bulls.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Ugly Foul On Rondo Empty Re: Ugly Foul On Rondo

Post by David14 Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:08 am

dboss, evidently Miller has decided to become the new Lambier. For those who remember him, I was looking for Doc to put in Jungle Jim Luscotoff to take care of Miller. At some point, an enforcer needs to put Millerbier in his place. Perk tried a few times, however Perk plays better if he keeps his cool. Rondo could have been seriously hurt, however the refs stopped short of throwing him out. Oh well, I suspect Millerbier may not enjoy his next trip to Boston.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:16 am

On replays I didn't think the play was that bad,Miller had his hand out there,Rondo who as we know moves in a blur,kind of ran into the arm too.Really didn't think it was as bad as it looked.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:24 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:On replays I didn't think the play was that bad,Miller had his hand out there,Rondo who as we know moves in a blur,kind of ran into the arm too.Really didn't think it was as bad as it looked.

Cow, you are probably right, however we need a new villian to keep the adrenalin flowing. Nothing more fun to watch then a "hyped up" KG. On the other hand, if you watched Miller closely, like when he jammed Paul's shoulder, he is intentionally playing Lambier ball. I'd still send in Luscy to balance the scales.

David14
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:58 am

While it is nice to have "villians", if the Celtics had Miller under contract, we would love him. Ironic as it sounds, Miller would be the one we would send out to "balance the scales".

Case in point: Sheed

It is all relative.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 am

David don't worry we got an NFL lineman type with quick feet coming back soon,when we play Lakers I want to see him at the 3 to pound Artest

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:16 am

gyso-I agree, I would love to see Miller on the Celtics. He would be the "protector" we need against the Lambier types. As far as Sheed, for some strange reason, I always liked him. I suspect it came from the days I rooted for him when the Lakers played Portland in the playoffs. Although, I really saw Sheed as more colorful than "violent".

Cow- hopefully Davis' bulk will toughen up the C's and assist with the rebounding issues. It will be interesting with Sheed, KG, Artest and Baby all battling in paint. Gasol probably will have more sense than to go underneath!!

We need Marquis back to help with Kobe though. Can't afford too many double teams.
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:52 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:On replays I didn't think the play was that bad,Miller had his hand out there,Rondo who as we know moves in a blur,kind of ran into the arm too.Really didn't think it was as bad as it looked.
Cow

When I watched the replay Miller put his arm out just below Rondo's neck and deliberately or in NBA terms, Flagrantly slammed him to the floor. He did not grab him or try to hold him it was close to being a cloths line foul and Rondo was lucky not be injured. His motion was continuous and purposeful.

It's not like Rondo inadvertently ran into his arm. While it has been suggested that we would love to have him on our team the fact is that he is not on our team and he took a measure of revenge. He gets no props from me for trying to take out a guy 100 pounds lighter than he is.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:51 am

dboss Rondo was flying forward at contact,this also contributed to his feet falling forward in front of him on fall,but maybe Miller could have held him up if he wanted.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:54 am

David14 wrote:gyso-I agree, I would love to see Miller on the Celtics. He would be the "protector" we need against the Lambier types. As far as Sheed, for some strange reason, I always liked him. I suspect it came from the days I rooted for him when the Lakers played Portland in the playoffs. Although, I really saw Sheed as more colorful than "violent".

Cow- hopefully Davis' bulk will toughen up the C's and assist with the rebounding issues. It will be interesting with Sheed, KG, Artest and Baby all battling in paint. Gasol probably will have more sense than to go underneath!!

We need Marquis back to help with Kobe though. Can't afford too many double teams.

with SW playing his role so well,defense and rebounding,why not try Baby at the 3?Baby can be murder posting up the little guys.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:08 pm

I was on "snooze control" at the time of the clothes line, wishing that the C's were playing one of the "elite" teams instead of playing out the string with the Bulls. The Miller takedown got my full attention... and I was glued to the tv the rest of the game.

I thought it was personal and dirty. The best part was that Rondo hit the two FT's and then another FT on an "and 1" , kept up the aggression and made the Bulls pay big time.

The Bulls faded in the 2nd half quicker than GC does after the 10:00 P.M. nightly news. Although I did stay up to see the Lakers/Jazz game that was well worth the lost beauty rest. Rolling Eyes

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:54 pm

In his Sacramento days, Brad Miller was a blue collar player who had some serious toughness and some game. These days he is nothing but a HACKER and an ACTOR - who is slow, dirty and ineffective.

Funny thing about Miller is that he is all bark and no bite, as he cries and flops and complains all night long - but when it came down to Perk cracking him in the chops last playoff series - Miller had NOTHING TO SAY. Perkins would eat his lunch and feed it to him, and Miller knows it. He doesnt say boo to Perk.

The last thing the Celtics need is a slow, dirty hacker like Miller on our team. Forget it.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:16 pm

My take

Tend to agree with mrkleen, we don't need a thug on the team just to go out and take revenge out on someone. Best thing like mentioned above, make the fouls and continue to play hard and make um look at the lopsided score for the final 12 minutes and continue to play like it's a tie game.

Loved that Eddie was still firing treys near the end. Up 25 .........try to make it up 30.

Let them dribble out the final possession.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

always had a soft spot for Miller with the Kings cause he was not scared of Shaq. I thought he was trying to get Rajon back last night. To his credit Rajon went right back at him.

D-14 I pulled hard for Sheed and his pistons teams against the Lakes.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Jeb, my second favorite all time NBA team is........anyone playing the Lakers.

David14
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:45 pm

D14

Yup you and me both. It's going to be sweet to take back what's ours.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down