beat
Matty
Berlin-T
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

Latest Rondo-to-NY Rumor Empty Latest Rondo-to-NY Rumor

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:33 pm

There's an ESPN report saying that NYK are hoping that Rondo will "pull a Melo", which is to say that he will use the clout with the team to force a trade like Melo did when he was in Denver.

Even as there has been growing speculation with Anthony's future, the Knicks seem to be quite sure he's going nowhere. And they've already got his help lined up.

According to league sources, the Knicks' first prong is to try to attract the Celtics' Rajon Rondo. This idea has been tossed around in various forms for a while now, it's not shocking. But the way the Knicks are hoping to get Rondo is a little unusual.

It's not in free agency in 2015 but later this season or next summer when he comes back from a torn ACL. The Knicks are hoping Rondo will be interested in making a maneuver similar to what Anthony did back in 2011 and eventually try to force a trade to the Knicks, sources said.

The Celtics have consistently denied they want to trade Rondo. But once this trade deadline passes, and it isn't clear if he will even play before February, Rondo will have only one guaranteed season left on his contract. Like with Anthony when he applied pressure to the Denver Nuggets by threatening to leave in free agency, the Knicks wonder if Rondo will be able to have a say in where he might be traded if the Celtics end up fearful he'll leave in free agency.

That may seem contrived, yes, but this isn't a made-up scenario. It is a genuine option. You have to give the Knicks this: It has worked before.

bob
MY NOTE:  WHY Rondo would WANT to leave a team that's already doing better than the Knicks WITHOUT HIM, and will be even better with him, I don't understand and this article/league source doesn't explain.  WHY Rondo would WANT to go to a team that has fewer draft picks for trading chips to expedite the process, I don't understand and this article/league source doesn't explain.  WHY Rondo would WANT to go from a team that has an average age of 26 and has an average experience of 4.6 years to go to a team that is the 3rd oldest team in the league but only has 6.6 years of experience average, I don't understand and this article/league source doesn't explain.  The article ends with "It has worked before".  Yeah, that's because they were dealing with a prima donna ME-baller named Carmelo Anthony.  They better be careful what they ask for, Melo might decide he prefers playing for Doc Rivers and a real point guard and do unto the Knicks what he already did to Denver.  You have to give me this:  It has worked before.

Last edited by bobheckler on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Latest Rondo-to-NY Rumor Empty Re: Latest Rondo-to-NY Rumor

Post by Berlin-T Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Money is the only reason I can think of and I have no idea if money is more important to Rondo than winning. I kind of doubt it - but one never knows.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:58 pm

On NBA realgm the articule said the knicks "hope" hope rondo will force a trade form Boston to new York...

so "hope" is now "rumors" that it will happen...

gee I hope Boston wins the championship this season... and somehow Atlanta and New jwersey end up with the first and second picks in the draft

I hope the new star wars movie is better than the previous 6 9or at least the most recent 3)

I hope Willy Shatner gets to play james T. Kirk once more

I hope I get to eat lunch at Hooters Tomorrow

this and similar stories are all examples of the media inability to come up with a story of substance...

I hope the next Rondo articue I read has a bit of meat to it.

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Do they actually play PRO basketball ANYWHERE in NY City ?? (snicker snicker)

beat

Last edited by beat on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:02 pm

I know that that story is bogus as...............THERE IS NO ONE AS LOW AND A SLIM BALL AS MELO TO REPEAT THE ACT!

Rondo is a class act and would not be going through the act of sitting on the bench...going on road games and semi coaching if he was going to force a trade.

I BET THE RUMOR IS COMING FROM THAT OTHER SLIM BALL DOLAN...WHO I HAVE MET IN PERSON SEVERAL TIMES...................AND HE IS AN ASSHOLE!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:13 pm

To me this is all wishful thinking on NY Knicks part and Melo. He is so disgruntled that he is reaching for who ever he can to take him off the hot seat.  They are a mess, almost worse than Brooklyn, who made their first mistake hiring J. Kidd, then trading away their future for what they thought was a sure hit.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:26 pm

The Knicks don't want to lose Carmelo and this springs up naturally...

There is a better chance of Melo playing in Boston than Rondo playing in NY.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:31 pm

It's the Christmas season. Best not to say what I think of all the manipulation that goes on in pro basketball and all the warthog media types who feast on it. Even if I detest the manipulation that desecrates qualities like loyalty, I guess I can understand it. But, in the spirit of the season, I wish the warthogs like Especially Sensationalistic Parasitic Newsies could reach heaven sooner rather than later.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Sam,

I can appreciate the literary genius of your acronym.

As for New York, the NBA comes bearing coal instead of gifts.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks, KJ.

I used to love basketball in large part because of what I gleaned from the media.

Now I love basketball in spite of what I glean from the media.

Perhaps I'm the only one (not that I ever have the slightest degree of concern about that) who thinks the players have far too much power when they can actually change the fortunes of franchises by dint of their own manipulation rather than simply by the quality of their play.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:05 am

Sam, You know you're not alone on this forum of exceptional fans. The more spectacular and star-driven the game gets, the farther it strays its humble past as a fine way to exercise in the football and baseball off seasons. Like many sports, bball has fallen victim to success, for thriving enterprises are sure to draw hangers-on, manipulators and showmen. Ultimately, even the players are commodities, traded like stock to feed the egos of magnates who made their money in anything but a team-oriented fashion and now want to validate their existences by hobnobbing with incredible athletes. Oh well, I love the game, maybe because I was lucky enough to watch it grow and still drag myself onto the court for a little two-on-two - the wife and I against our two kids (Abby, 20 and Andy, 12). Hope to see you March 1 for a thrashing of the Pacers. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Well, then there is his majesty telling the world that he is meant to do something else with his life other than basketball.  Listen to him talk, he so enamoured of himself, he truly believes he is smarter than everyone he plays with and against.  President???  Watch for upcoming announcements!!!

Sam, and others old enough to remember, I love the way the game was played in my era.  Age showing, i guess!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:37 pm

k_j_88 wrote:Sam,

I can appreciate the literary genius of your acronym.

As for New York, the NBA comes bearing coal instead of gifts.

KJ

KJ and Sam,

A minor suggested tweak:

Especially Sensationalistic Parasitic Nuisances.

"Newsies" gives them too much reflected glory from the legacy of Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:54 pm

As much as I don't care for the Carmelo he has become I can't throw him completely under the bus for he did donate 3 million to the building of the Melo basketball complex on the Syracuse campus. Marcus has given me the grand tour and it is quite the facility.

http://www.suathletics.com/facilities/melo-center.aspx

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Bob,

"Nuisances" definitely works. So does "Neanderthals."

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Hawk, it will be a great pleasure to meet you. Any chance the rest of the family might make it?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down