bobheckler
beat
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Crawford and Brooks to GS - Page 3 Empty Re: Crawford and Brooks to GS

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:25 pm

dBoss,

First he is not a true asset, the draft picks are,  Second Anthony is 31 years old.
I agree with you that 2/1 is freeing up another roster spot for a multiple trade player trade which for all we know is in the final phases of happening.

If God would only shine on us and have someone take Wallace!   Red do you have any pull up there!  maybe you can fleece God just this onetime!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:31 pm

dboss wrote:112288

It is hard to envision the 37 year old Anthony as being an asset.  next year he is owed $3.8 million.  Basically he has not played all year.  Moving forward I do not see much value here.  

I agree with Mrkleen,  By all accounts Anthony is insignificant.

But I do think that there is another shoe to drop.  As it stands now we gave up 2 good offensive players (Brooks has a lot of upside if given minutes) And even with rondo coming back our once deep backcourt looks thin to me and lacks an offensive punch off the bench.  I do not see a lot of value in 2nd round picks although sometimes team luck up and get a really good player.

I think this 2 for 1 deal was made to free up another roster spot for another multi player deal.

The Celtics need a center.  The Rockets have a center to trade.  With the Rockets in town the other day I am sure that there were discussions about this.

Who will be moved?  It would be Bass of Hump but I think it will be Hump because he is a legit F/C and that 12 mill contract goes away.  He can really help a team to compete this year for a championship.

dboss

dboss,

Joel Anthony is 31, not 37.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:35 pm

It looks like Joel Anthony can be traded immediately, maybe even in a 2-1.  He is the only player to come to the Celtics in the trade.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q99

Larry Coon wrote:In addition, teams cannot trade players under the following circumstances:

•For two months after receiving the player in trade, if the trade aggregates the player's salary with the salaries of other players. However, the team is free to trade the player immediately, either by himself or without aggregating his salary with other salaries. This restriction applies only to teams over the salary cap. (Also see question number 87.)

Aggregates means added to in this instance.  Unless I am mistaken, he came here alone where Crawford and Brooks went to GS together (aggregated), in a 2-1. The fact that the deal was a three-team trade could muddy up the waters a little.

Maybe aggregate means any trade where multiple players go in any direction, time will tell with this one because I still have some doubt. The part in bold (above) confuses me. No matter what, he can be traded any time 1-1.

Houston had the December 19th deadline because almost any trade would have been Asik (one player) for two or more players.  The players that Houston received were "aggregated" and thus had the 60 day waiting period before being traded away from Houston with another player (any player, not just who they arrived with). They wanted that flexibility.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:48 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:112288

It is hard to envision the 37 year old Anthony as being an asset.  next year he is owed $3.8 million.  Basically he has not played all year.  Moving forward I do not see much value here.  

I agree with Mrkleen,  By all accounts Anthony is insignificant.

But I do think that there is another shoe to drop.  As it stands now we gave up 2 good offensive players (Brooks has a lot of upside if given minutes) And even with rondo coming back our once deep backcourt looks thin to me and lacks an offensive punch off the bench.  I do not see a lot of value in 2nd round picks although sometimes team luck up and get a really good player.

I think this 2 for 1 deal was made to free up another roster spot for another multi player deal.

The Celtics need a center.  The Rockets have a center to trade.  With the Rockets in town the other day I am sure that there were discussions about this.

Who will be moved?  It would be Bass of Hump but I think it will be Hump because he is a legit F/C and that 12 mill contract goes away.  He can really help a team to compete this year for a championship.

dboss

dboss,

Joel Anthony is 31, not 37.

bob

Close enough, judging by how much he's played this year. Lol.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:59 pm

112288 wrote:Matty,

Where did you read about Joey could be moved yet before the trade line.. Just read that in a peice about this trade..

I stand Re-corrected, musta misread the article wrong.. I read a couple articuled about the trade and went back and Reread them and couldn't find it..

Gosh now I feel like a double dummy Lol
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Hey Matty.............your our dummy....and don't forget that!  LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:33 pm

D'oh!
Matty