Smoke & Mirrors or Same Old Song & Dance

+2
sinus007
MDCelticsFan
6 posters

Go down

Smoke & Mirrors or Same Old Song & Dance Empty Smoke & Mirrors or Same Old Song & Dance

Post by MDCelticsFan Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:49 pm

The cloak & dagger shroud of mystery begins anew with KG. ESPN just reported Garnett will be out at least another 10 days. What do you want to bet his time out gets more extensions than a 100 story office building gets business phones & computers. Maybe we'll see Garnett sometime in 2010, like October!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Smoke & Mirrors or Same Old Song & Dance Empty Re: Smoke & Mirrors or Same Old Song & Dance

Post by sinus007 Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:06 pm

MD,
take it easy. They just want to make sure that he's up and running 100% by april and ready to sacrifice quite a few games for that.
I bet the same applies to PP. Yesterday I was quite satisfied that Celtics showed some fire and could run defence.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Smoke & Mirrors or Same Old Song & Dance Empty Re: Smoke & Mirrors or Same Old Song & Dance

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:19 am

I love how some fans believe that the Celtics owe them an explanation and a daily update on the inside workings of the organization.

KG had a season ending injury back in February 2009, but instead of opting for surgery right away – he tried hard to rehab it in hopes of getting ready for the playoffs. That didn’t work out, but it also didn’t retard his recovery and he was ready for opening night 2010.

The team has no obligation to let us or anyone else know where things stand….and I think they played their cards perfectly last year. They had every opponent down the stretch and in the playoffs believing that KG could come back at any time, and if anything it served as a positive reminder to the guys on the active roster to keep working hard and digging deep.

I have to wonder what kind of poker player you are MD. Do you play your cards face up, or do you like to keep your hand to yourself?
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:29 am

In my opinion, a lot of these injuries are tricky propositions, and the outcomes are difficult-to-impossible to predict. But more important, fans have absolutely no right to a sense of entitlement to sensitive information. Having a season ticket or supporting the team in other ways gives fans no greater right to team "intelligence" than paying taxes confers on citizens the right to important military "intelligence."

I realize the media, with an insatiable hunger for titillating news, and gamblers, with their unquenchable desire for personal gain, fan the flames of expectation. But what team executives and management owe the public is to put the best possible product on the floor and dispense information only as required by the league. The measures they take to safeguard their leverage in doing so are their responsibility, not ours.

Hospitals usually set up screening protocols so that callers other than close family members receive only the most benign reports that "the patient is resting comfortably." And many of these callers are personal friends. But somehow, just because someone's a public figure, he suddenly is judged by legions of curiosity seekers to be stripped of the same right to privacy that the guy next door enjoys.

If management were not constantly badgered for information that goes beyond the bounds of propriety, there would be less need for smokescreens and subterfuge to exist.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:29 pm

I remember last year just not having any idea at all whether or not KG was goin to come back and play. Being an optimistic dude I kept thinking hell maybe he will.

But I do remember noting that the Celtics were flat mysterious about it. And they did such a good job of being mysterious that you could not find ANYTHING in the press that was definitive or even very informative.

I was frustrated by that a lot but understood that the celtics were just playing their poker hand.

Having seen KG moving well this year I dont feel this has anything to do with last year. I also think it is not smart to borrow last years pain for this year. Different year lets embrace now.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Just be glad you're not in Portland, where the injury status is abundantly clear.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:03 pm

outside

mossdef. It's like friggin Dante out there.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down