This is the story Sam from BDC

5 posters

Go down

This is the story Sam from BDC Empty This is the story Sam from BDC

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:28 pm

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/2014/09/03/thank-you-dallas-cowboys-for-signing-michael-sam/p3MGp7qPtYq31v3KD0fQ4J/story.html
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

This is the story Sam from BDC Empty Re: This is the story Sam from BDC

Post by k_j_88 Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:49 am

I don't think other teams avoided Michael Sam because he's gay. There were just better players on the draft board. I don't think the Rams let him go because he's gay; they just have a team of very good defenders. While Michael Sam had a pretty good preseason run, their staff ultimately had other players that were a bit better. I hope that Mr. Sam has a good career in the NFL because he clearly can play.

SideNote: Some of the comments were immensely pathetic. True jerks, I say.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Not many 7th round picks make it in the NFL. Doesn't matter that he was all this or that in the SEC. Might have a chance to make it in Dallas cause they are certainly poor on the defensive side of the ball. And injuries always happen

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:56 pm

My issue was not with whether he should have been picked up or not, it was the comments on the article. Every now and then a player gets picked late and blossoms into a great player. Not all as picked 1, 2, or even in the top twenty.

It was the narrow minded disgusting comments that followed the story I was referring. I hope Michael Sam turns into a steal for Dallas in the long run, he has a long way to go to be on a 53 man roster.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:06 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:My issue was not with whether he should have been picked up or not, it was the comments on the article. Every now and then a player gets picked late and blossoms into a great player. Not all as picked 1, 2, or even in the top twenty.

It was the narrow minded  disgusting comments that followed the story I was referring.  I hope Michael Sam turns into a steal for Dallas in the long run, he has a long way to go to be on a 53 man roster.

Rosalie

Rosalie

Haven't been back to BDC in a long time and no intentions to ever do so. If he is good enough he'll hook on with someone, I could care less about anything else one way or another. Dallas probably gives him as good as chance as any to make a roster this season.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:03 am

Unrelated to the low-class comments, I heard one explanation of why Michael Sam has limited value. First, due to his abilities and skill set, he's only suited to a 4-3 defense and he is ill-suited to a 3-4 defense, which means a little over half the league can't use him because they play 3-4. Second, a player on the bubble can improve his chances of making the team by playing on special teams, but Sam apparently isn't well-suited to that.

The Rams play a 4-3, but defensive line is one of their best, deepest groups, so he had only a slim chance of actually making the team. He has a better chance in Dallas, which is thin at defensive line.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:My issue was not with whether he should have been picked up or not, it was the comments on the article. Every now and then a player gets picked late and blossoms into a great player. Not all as picked 1, 2, or even in the top twenty.

It was the narrow minded  disgusting comments that followed the story I was referring.  I hope Michael Sam turns into a steal for Dallas in the long run, he has a long way to go to be on a 53 man roster.

Rosalie

Unfortunately the anonymity of the internet sometimes brings out the most petty and hateful aspects of human nature. I don't follow college ball, so I don't really know much about Michael Sam as a player. I was pulling for the kid though. It took some serious balls to come out like that before the draft, knowing that it would affect how teams evaluate him (and don't tell me it had no effect - the honorable and honest Tony Dungy even admitted it would have influenced his decision...).

Regardless of the outcome of this particular situation, I am convinced progress and tolerance will win out in the long run. Could you imagine an NFL draft prospect coming out before the draft even as recently as the mid nineties? I can't. And for most of the millennials, sexual orientation is almost a non-issue. As MLK so eloquently said, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice"

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down