Jeff Green: Trade rumor is false

5 posters

Go down

Jeff Green: Trade rumor is false Empty Jeff Green: Trade rumor is false

Post by 112288 Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:08 am

ESPNBOSTON

By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics forward Jeff Green stressed after Sunday's loss to the Portland Trail Blazers that any frustration he is experiencing is merely a factor of Boston's early-season struggles and does not represent unhappiness with the organization.

Green said he received a text directing him to an undisclosed article that suggested he desired to be traded from Boston. Unprompted, Green addressed the story -- one that most of the assembled media was unaware of -- after Sunday's game.

"Before you start, I just want to clear the air about some B.S. rumor that came out," Green said. "I don’t know if the person who made this article is in this [group of reporters], but the rumor about me wanting to get traded is definitely false. I said that I was frustrated with losing, not frustrated with the team. So if the words didn’t come from my mouth, I'd appreciate if you do not write a dumb--- article like that."

During an on-camera interview following Friday’s loss in Memphis, Green told CSNNE that his frustrations with losing were at an "all-time high" and he added, "I'm tired of losing." The station's website later reported, citing a league executive, that Green's value could be high this offseason when he has potential to opt out of his deal and become a free agent.

Green's frustrations, however, seemed to stem from another site that combined the two reports and took his quotes out of context, suggesting his frustrations left him yearning for a trade out of Boston.

Green said reporters are "going to write whatever you want to write, I just want it to be the truth."

Green was asked how he feels about Boston and whether he wants to be here long term to see through this rebuilding process.

"I want to stay here," Green said. "I love this team. I love being here."

Later he added, "If I didn’t [want to be here], I wouldn’t have signed [his most recent] contract to come back here. I’m happy where I’m at, happy with the coach, management, front office, everybody. I haven’t been happy like this in years. It’s a good place for me."

The Celtics acquired Green in a much-scrutinized trade for Kendrick Perkins in February 2011. He missed the entire 2011-12 season after undergoing heart surgery, but returned to sign a four-year, $36.2 million contract in August 2012.

That contract includes a $9.2 million player option for the 2015-16 season. Green could elect to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason by declining the player option.

Green is averaging a career-high 18.4 points per game over 35.3 minutes in 12 appearances this season. Often criticized for his roller-coaster play, this may be Green's most consistent string of games in a Boston uniform.

Back to top Go down

Jeff Green: Trade rumor is false Empty Re: Jeff Green: Trade rumor is false

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Tired of all of these rumors, one player after another. These reporters just keep making stuff up, just to have something to write about.

We all know that there is a possibility of a trade coming, but these guys at throwing stuff against the wall hoping it will stick so that they can say it was their story that broke it all open
Alot of these guys are no different than you or I writing here.

I do not blame the players for getting disgusted, it is something hanging over every player's head. No one is irreplaceable. After a while, I just stop reading it all.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Unfortunately, the great majority of what the reporters throw against the wall is also available, in great quantity, in a field of bulls.  Too many regard their jobs as creating interest, and too few regard their jobs as chronicling facts.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:54 pm

That's different. A player addressing a rumor before the rumor comes out.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Jeff's a pretty loyal guy. I'd never believe this sort of drivel. And we have to remember that in the age of the internet and widespread social media, anything that is said or written conflates tenfold.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 pm

He should be loyal (and I have no reason to believe differently).  The Celts demonstrated their belief in him contractually when his future was much less well-defined than it is now.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:26 pm

I have no doubt of his loyalty. He realizes they stood by him through the tough times, now it is his turn to return the loyalty.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down