I am really starting to like Crowder

4 posters

Go down

I am really starting to like Crowder Empty I am really starting to like Crowder

Post by wide clyde Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:08 pm

When the Celtics traded Rondo to Dallas three weeks ago I had heard of Nelson and Wright, figured there would be a draft pick of some value in the deal, but never even heard of this Crowder guy.   I had to do a search to find out anything about him, but even when finishing my brief research he still kind of came off as complete "throw in" in the deal.

Now, after seeing him play some he may easily turn out to be the best of the three players received in the deal.  Hopefully, Ainge can get even a better player with the exception and also a better one with the draft pick, but this guy has been getting my attention almost nightly.

Yes, he is not going to replace any of the Celtics legends in any one's minds, but he certainly does play hard every second that he is in the game.  He has proven to Stevens that he can play in the 4th quarter already where neither Nelson nor Wright have been able to do.  He has also gone by some of the guys who have been on the roster all season when it comes to playing hard and competing every second.

He has recently been quoted a few times and his statements seem to indicate that he is learning to speak out when necessary and his message should be heard by all of his teammates.  Perhaps he has more leadership than anyone knew or thought?

I know that it takes more than just playing hard to hold down a roster spot in the NBA, but playing hard all the time is certainly not a bad place to start.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

I am really starting to like Crowder Empty Re: I am really starting to like Crowder

Post by wide clyde Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:40 pm

I like the new threads on Crowder.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

I am really starting to like Crowder Empty Re: I am really starting to like Crowder

Post by gyso Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:02 pm

In the next home game, I can imagine Tommy shouting . . .

I love Crowdah!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 pm

A slam dunk of a prediction, gyso.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:08 pm

22 points as he familiarizes himself with the offense and in the starting lineup with great hustle as usual.

This guy is looking better and better with each game. His teammates are responding to his effort levels.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Smart, Bradley , Crowder and Bass are mighty fine group on defense for sure.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:33 am

kdp,,

Put Mr. Intimidator in with that group, and they could give most (if not all) teams fits down the stretch. As it is, they're already pretty effective. Just another reason why I'd like to see Bass stay with the Celtics. For the moment, Brad can put them with Zeller to maximize the defensive possibilities or with Sully to enhance their toughness and adding an offensive element.

It's great to have a unit with a defensive specialty, especially since all four have shown they're not embarrassed in the offensive end.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down