Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers Away

3 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers Away

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:59 pm

IU fans will be begging Brad Stevens to come to our rescue.

Brandan Wright to Phoenix, Jeff Green to Memphis. Got 2 2nds from Phoenix, Tayshaun Prince’s Corpse and a 1st from Memphis

So who's Boston even playing tonight now?

Woj says the Jeff Green deal won’t be official until they find a 3rd team, not really sure why, it works with just the two of them I think

Maybe they finally found a taker for Wallace.

Cleveland dumped Zeller to clear cap space right? bet they wish they still had him.  (MY NOTE:  A Danny deal)

Crowder’s wearing 99, I like him

Hard to find an available number in Boston

Celtics retire everyone's number But they didn’t retire Big Baby Davis’s?

But this is one woeful ass game that should probably be called at halftime.

If all star voting was about talent and not popularity, Kelly olynyk would be a starter

Roy, you gotta be able to power through Kelly friggin Olynyk

I hope Roy is pissed off after that no call against Kelly and ET.

What does Boston get from Memphis for Green? And a 1st

Not bad, picks are picks

Boston’s got like 11 1sts in the next 4 years

Wow! I knew they had a lot but that's just a great haul.

But the pick they're getting for Wright is Minnesotas top 12 protected first this year and next and then becomes 2 2nd round picks (likely). The Memphis 1st is protected and can't be transferred until at least 2 years after Memphis transfers their 1st to Denver (Cleveland just traded the pick there for Mozgov). So, both are fine, but not amazing.

BANNER 18. Everyone is bashing Celtics left and right, but look at Pacers, with supposedly more talent, and they are stinking this season.

More banners than sense.  (MY NOTE:  Oh yeah?  Well maybe what "makes sense" to you is looking up at our banners instead of at yours)

This is a D League standard game.

Curious why there aren't more boos for Turner But then again, last time he got booed he compared himself to Jesus, so maybe fans are trying to avoid that kind of analogy.  (?MY NOTE:  Funny)

What the hell is Quinn talking about here? Evan Turner proved we was worthless last year, and here he is talking him up like he is something special. Dude sat in the same seat last year and watched him first hand derail this team with his shot selection, ball handling, lack of defense, and pretty much lack of anything.

And tonight turner is shooting 1-10 He had similar nights like that in his brief time here. I'm just glad he's doing it for someone else now.

I tolerated Turner's offense when he was here. I hated his defense.

Guessing your not a fan of the wacky waving inflatable man?

I've always imagined Larry Bird seeing Turner's Wacky Wave D in practice and just feeling utter incompetent that he traded for that.

Turner waving his arms as his defense made me sea sick lol

I found a GIF of Turner playing D.

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers Away 200

And here I thought there will be some garbage minutes for Ian.

That man is equivalent to Boston's Gino.

Every minute in this game qualifies for garbage minutes

Damn I like Marcus Smart.

How do they keep getting back into this game...

Smart drilling threes

Credit to the Celtics They picked the perfect time to hit all their shots.

Too bad that play didn't go the other direction Would’ve loved to hear Heinsohn on that scrum.

Lol @ Boston announcers arguing about the moving screen These guys are always pretty bad

Fat Sulinger pushed Hibbert to the floor.

I can't believe we're in danger of losing this game.

Man its like we want them to have the tie breaker over us....

Crash sighting. I can't believe he is riding the pine on this Celtics team. I guess they wan that youth movement though..

I'm starting to really hate this team.

Really? OT? Really?

Who was supposed to be on Bradley?

Why the hell is this going to overtime.

Wow...West levels Marcus Smart and then bull dozes his way to the paint for an AND 1

It's looked like a game between two lottery teams. Which, for now at least, it is.

Boston got robbed on that call. That wasn't out and they had possession.

My gf texted me from the game and said the ball wasn't out of bounds lol for what its worth

If I was a Celtics fan I'd be mad about that call. Fortunately, I'm not a Celtics fan.

Haha... Very loud Celtics fan in attendance

Gonna escape with this one

I'm glad we won. That's the only good thing I have to say about this game.

It took a while, but I think tonight Evan Turner finally helped us out. (MY NOTE: Is Evan Turner, with his poor shooting and, allegedly, lackluster defense just "Rondo-lite")

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers Away

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Every minute in this game qualifies for garbage minutes

Ouch, harsh.

A few more years of losing seasons may change that opinion.

KJ

Last edited by k_j_88 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers Away

Post by gyso Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:38 pm

This is interesting:

The Memphis 1st is protected and can't be transferred until at least 2 years after Memphis transfers their 1st to Denver (Cleveland just traded the pick there for Mozgov).

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:51 pm

k_j_88 wrote:=Every minute in this game qualifies for garbage minutes

Ouch, harsh.

=IU fans will be begging Brad Stevens to come to our rescue.

KJ

KJ,

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  The Pacer fan's comment "Everyone is bashing Celtics left and right, but look at Pacers, with supposedly more talent, and they are stinking this season" makes sense.  They have Hibbert and West starting and they would/could start on any NBA team.  They have Scola off the bench and Luis Scola is a great bench player who was a starter for many years and could possibly start on another team.  They've got some real bonafide players.  Who does Brad have that has proven themselves over time, and not just for flashes?  Bass.  Bradley.  Crowder.  Green's gone.  Rondo's gone.  Sully has been alternating between showing up and not.  Kelly is even less reliable.  Zeller?  I like him but is he really a legit starting NBA center, or just the most legit one on this team?  Everybody else is a question mark (e.g. Smart, is he a pg or sg? Pressey, can he overcome his shooting?  Young, is his defense NBA-ready yet?) or a journeyman who doesn't bother unpacking his suitcase (e.g. Turner and Thornton, both of whom have "made the rounds" despite clearly having NBA size and skills)  or an aging veteran past his prime (Wallace and Nelson) that people don't want to see because we need younger player development.  I've just listed all 13 active Celtics (assuming Green is inactive, pending trade), less than half of whom would even be solid rotation players on a good, not-just-barely-sneaking-into-the-playoffs team.  How many would be starters?  Bradley and maybe Bass (not Sully, not with his recent up-and-down play).  How many wins do you expect with a team with only 1 1/2 legit starters backed up by mostly flotsam-and-jetsam?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:57 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Ouch, harsh.

KJ

KJ,

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  The Pacer fan's comment "Everyone is bashing Celtics left and right, but look at Pacers, with supposedly more talent, and they are stinking this season" makes sense.  They have Hibbert and West starting and they would/could start on any NBA team.  They have Scola off the bench and Luis Scola is a great bench player who was a starter for many years and could possibly start on another team.  They've got some real bonafide players.  Who does Brad have that has proven themselves over time, and not just for flashes?  Bass.  Bradley.  Crowder.  Green's gone.  Rondo's gone.  Sully has been alternating between showing up and not.  Kelly is even less reliable.  Zeller?  I like him but is he really a legit starting NBA center, or just the most legit one on this team?  Everybody else is a question mark (e.g. Smart, is he a pg or sg? Pressey, can he overcome his shooting?  Young, is his defense NBA-ready yet?) or a journeyman who doesn't bother unpacking his suitcase (e.g. Turner and Thornton, both of whom have "made the rounds" despite clearly having NBA size and skills)  or an aging veteran past his prime (Wallace and Nelson) that people don't want to see because we need younger player development.  I've just listed all 13 active Celtics (assuming Green is inactive, pending trade), less than half of whom would even be solid rotation players on a good, not-just-barely-sneaking-into-the-playoffs team.  How many would be starters?  Bradley and maybe Bass (not Sully, not with his recent up-and-down play).  How many wins do you expect with a team with only 1 1/2 legit starters backed up by mostly flotsam-and-jetsam?

bob

The Pacers lost Stephenson to Charlotte, Paul George to injury, and I think George Hill has been out, too. So they're not really all that loaded. Hibbert, Scola, and West is not nearly enough to make any noise in the East.

As for the Celtics' roster, I can't say that I'm much of a fan of "Well look who they have playing now" stance as I disagree with the recent roster moves that have been made by Ainge. His moves have ensured that the Celtics can't be in contention now, so it should/would be of no surprise that they are dropping games left and right.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:08 pm

k_j_88 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Ouch, harsh.

KJ

KJ,

bob

The Pacers lost Stephenson to Charlotte, Paul George to injury, and I think George Hill has been out, too. So they're not really all that loaded. Hibbert, Scola, and West is not nearly enough to make any noise in the East.

As for the Celtics' roster, I can't say that I'm much of a fan of "Well look who they have playing now" stance as I disagree with the recent roster moves that have been made by Ainge. His moves have ensured that the Celtics can't be in contention now, so it should/would be of no surprise that they are dropping games left and right.

KJ

KJ,

Fair enough but that's not Brad, that's Danny and Danny plays the long game.  Brad works with what Danny gives him and if Danny is making bad deals (as you seem to feel) then Brad's performance will suffer from them short-term.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down