Jerry Tarkanian
mrkleen09
spike
swedeinestonia
MDCelticsFan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots Empty C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:48 am

Too bad the C's don't have Danny Ferry making the trades and personnel decisions instead of Ainge. Ferry has managed to assemble a stellar cast with the addition of Jaimison to the Cavs front court. This move cinches the NBA title for King James and assures his life-long residence in Ohio. Cleveland's had a 46 year drought. Now, it is apparent they have stepped into Mecca, Paradise, or Shang Ri La. James won't get as many title as Russell. But look at it this way, the Lakers will NEVER pass the Celtics for total championships. The Lord works in mysterious ways!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots Empty Re: C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:54 am

I am guessing the salary cap gods will not be happy though?
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots Empty Re: C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots

Post by spike Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:03 am

"The race is not to the swiftest, nor the battle to the strongest, but time and chance happeneth to us all."

spike

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 am

Danny Ferry?

What has he ever won - as a player OR a GM? Rolling Eyes
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:09 am

What the Cav's will win is the more appropriate question. This article clearly details the benefits of the Jamison move, and more than ever, the need for the C's to move Allen. To get nothing over the summer for him would be a travesty that leads to a succession of 30 win seasons.

The roster as constituted will NOT defeat the Cav's in the playoffs, and the likelihood of the Magic or Hawks doing so is eliminated as well.

Rather than playing 'Emperor's New Clothes' with this team, it is time DA made impact moves to ensure future success.

Kind regards,

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 am

Mdcelt

How many rings Ferry got?

If Danny aint made a major move it means to me somebody wanted Ray Allen for some gimp and a bag of fruit and Danny said nope yall are wrong. You dont make a move just to make a move.

But in that spirit the Cavs got way better. I was hoping they would sign Amare. So high marks to Ferry.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:56 am

Jeb

Perhaps they (cavs) did get better but there is still only 1 ball and the rims are still 10 ft.

If we can ever get completely together and healthy I still like our chances, albeit they are not as rosie as I would like.

What is in store for this afternoon?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Beat

Where ya been! ("MUch better. If it works. But chemistry is funny and z was a glue guy. Plus there is only one basketball.") a text I sent to my buddy John last night who is in a blue hoop state of mind.

I like that the whole world is basically laughin at us (or at least all the hepcat espn guys...doin work!) we are written off in the press. People openly mocking kg...

Beat how do you feel about nate?

(and where did matty and gc go?)
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Jeb

Gosh the kid is like a bundle of OFFENSIVE energy that unfortunately has a dude fuse once in a while. He could easily put up 30 points as easy as he can put up 3.

Being on the Knicks makes it hard to tell as there hasn't been professional basketball there in a while. (seems the Knicks have blazed the trail for the Nets to continue down it)

Mixing new players is always a bit of a gamble but changes are in order.

I'll miss eddie for sure but once nate goes for 20 including 5 treys i'll say eddie who not house!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Beat

Did you say dude fuse on purpose? That's the best phrase i have ever heard! I will be using it on the regular (which is to say...doode's dude fuse is in play...etc)

I think Nate will win us some games in more ways than Eddie could. He can handle the ball pretty well and is dead fast. Runs a mean pick and roll. I will forever be an Eddie fan...

Hang tough Beat...you are missed when not around but we all understand and are all pullin for you hard. Nice pics!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Jeb

the dude fuse was not done on purpose at all in fact until you replied about it I would have never gotten my own pun!

Geesh I'm loosing it.

(perhaps I should apply for a GM job in the NBA)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Live by the 3, die by the 3. We've been seeing that. One of the things I hope Nate will do for us is to attack the hoop aggressively and force the defense to adjust. That should create better scoring opportunities.

That's my hope anyway.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:44 pm

bob

One thing Eddie never did was drive the lane. Nate can do that and is not worried about the tall timber in the paint. Certainly that should create some better situations.

We shall see but unfortunately there will be scarce practice time for him to learn. Will be a lot of trial by fire so it would appear.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Beat: Whatever has been taking up your time and attention, I hope it works out for the best for you and your family. Take Care & God Bless!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:51 pm

MD

Mainly it was work but things have quited down a bit for now. Missed this place a lot and your unusual whit might I add!!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Glad to see you are getting the kids involved in sports.

Did a lot of good for me, that is for sure Very Happy
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm

DF has pulled an "At least I tried to improve the roster for the playoff run because I know somehow this team is going to self-destruct and I'll get blamed" CYA job just in case he loses his at the end of this season. Pretty much the last panic move he will do this season. He has wiped his hands (along with LeBron's backside) clean on anything that happens from here on out. Give him credit for that. He did his job. CLE, unfortunately, is going to learn a huge lesson in the playoffs about what happens when you let one of your players run your organization.

Sadly CLE will be CLE in the end. There will clearly be no explanation for their demise, except that LeBron ball-hogged it down to the last possession trying to carry the team on his back. Danny and Mike will be long gone, along with LeBron. Nothing has changed there. The Celtics will once again be their nemesis.

DA has stated after 3:00PM that this team is basically the same, if not better than the 23-5 team that started the season. (And he's right) I've plugged the last hole with a b/u scoring point guard. Eddie just wasn't consistently cutting it this year. I just made this team slightly better. Everyone is back healthy and in their appropriate spots. So I expect you to go at least 23-5 to finish up the season. That's plenty of momentum to win Banner 18.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:52 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:Too bad the C's don't have Danny Ferry making the trades and personnel decisions instead of Ainge. Ferry has managed to assemble a stellar cast with the addition of Jaimison to the Cavs front court. This move cinches the NBA title for King James and assures his life-long residence in Ohio. Cleveland's had a 46 year drought. Now, it is apparent they have stepped into Mecca, Paradise, or Shang Ri La. James won't get as many title as Russell. But look at it this way, the Lakers will NEVER pass the Celtics for total championships. The Lord works in mysterious ways!

MD-

Ferry has made a series of good moves since last summer. I give him credit for that. But what allowed him to make those moves ? An owner that was willing to spend and a bunch of big expiring contracts that were the result of earlier bad deals that Ferry had made. Ben Wallace for big $$$$. Z for big $$$.

In today's NBa, with the haves and have nots, any team with large expiring contracts and an owner willing to absorb long-term money can get better quickly in "beads for Manhattan" type deals, so them getting Shaq and Jamison for nothing isn't impressive to me. They should have made the deal for Shaq last year at the deadline- they would have had a good shot at winning the title. And Jamison will help, but he's no game-changer for them.

What Ferry should have done six years ago when lebron first came into the league was to build a young core around him that he could grow with- as OKC is doing with Durant, Westbrook, Green and Harden. now THAT would have been impressive.

INstead, they've put a bunch of mediocre players around Lebron for the last 5 seasons, and have only reached the Finals (and lost there) once. Not an impressive track record when you're building around the most talented guy in the NBA.

Bringing in guys by using the expiring contracts of bad deals you had previously made in a last-ditch effort to keep Lebron ? Not impressive to me.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:56 pm

And PS, "never" is a long time. Razz

I'd say it's 50/50 as to whether the Cavs or Lakers would win in a 7 game series.

Lakers didn't exactly bring their A game on Christmas, and the game in Cleveland went down to the end.

As they say in the investment world, "Past performance does not guarantee future results."
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Sky,

Your comments are a great example of how to avoid what I like to call the "iceberg effect" in assessing many things involving the NBA. There's usually a broader context within which evaluations should be made. Thanks for emphasizing context in your comments.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 pm

Sam- I'm almost always a big picture guy, but by Iceberg effect do you mean "Look out for the iceberg ?"
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:24 am

Sky,

No, I mean the tendency to take into account only the most obvious factors, make only the most direct connections, ignore the matter of context, and not take into account that we know only a portion of what's really going on. In effect, overlooking the 90% that's beneath the surface.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:27 am

Ahhh. Got it. Good analogy.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:38 am

babyskyhook wrote:Ahhh. Got it. Good analogy.

Icebergs and surfing don't mix.
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:55 am

if you surf in sf they do
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next