Jerry Tarkanian
mrkleen09
spike
swedeinestonia
MDCelticsFan
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots - Page 2 Empty Re: C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots

Post by babyskyhook Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:05 am

jeb65 wrote:if you surf in sf they do

That's funny. I was in SF the weekend when the Lakers beat the Cs a few weeks ago and went surfing with my friends right after the game.

Was one of those gorgeous SF wintertime days. Sunny, big waves, offshore wind. Water was nice and warm. OK- I made that last part up. But was great otherwise.

I surfed Fort Point the next day. Do you know that place Jeb ? It's at the tip of the Presidio right under the Golden Gate ?

On the bigger waves (10-12 feet) they start breaking on the Pacific side of the bridge, and wrap all the way around the point (under the bridge) and you end up on the Bay side of the bridge by the end of the wave. You literally surf all the way under the bridge. I've never surfed anyplace like it. Have wanted to hit it for years and it was worth the wait. (It only works well under certain conditions.)

The rip is insane though, as you're paddling against a current that feels like the Colorado River because all the water from the Bay is rushing back out into the Pacific as the tide drops. It's like being on a conveyer belt trying to stay in place while you're waiting for the next wave to come in.

Luckily, no icebergs. Some gigantic container ships going by though.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots - Page 2 Empty Re: C's Got The Wrong Danny Calling The Shots

Post by babyskyhook Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:09 am

gyso wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:Ahhh. Got it. Good analogy.

Icebergs and surfing don't mix.

Gyso-

Check this out! It will blow your mind. Watch the whole thing (1 min 30 seconds)- it's beyond belief.

Hope you're doing well buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKRR9RMmcIQ
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 am

sky

yup i know the wave...never surfed it. how long do u have to paddle?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:01 pm

You don't even have to paddle to get to the outside- the rip is so strong it pulls you from the Bay side right out under the bridge over to the ocean side.

The problem is that once you're there, unless a set comes right away, you have to start paddling like crazy to stay in place while you wait for the next wave or it's NEXT STOP SHANGHAI!

Let's just say that the paddling that day was a really good workout.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Sky,

I visit Fort Point every time I'm in SF. It's incredibly cool to stand under the bridge. I can't conceive of the rush one would get from surfing into the bay under the bridge.

By the way, I feel a great affinity for the bridge, which was first opened for business on the day I was born. Fort Point is the ultimate in cool, and I look forward to being there sometime during our party period in April (probably early on the Sunday morning after the party). Have you ever seen the movie "Vertigo," in which Jimmy Stewart jumps into the water at Fort Point to save Kim Novak (or at least their stunt doubles do)?

Sam

Last edited by Sam on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Barkley last night counted the Celts out of the Finals. Kevin McHlae said don't count the Celts out so fast, and Kenny flat out thinks they'll face LA, because they know how to win. I'm with Kenny.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2