Report: Celtics likely to get offers for Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk

3 posters

Go down

Report: Celtics likely to get offers for Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk Empty Report: Celtics likely to get offers for Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk

Post by bobheckler Sat May 02, 2015 11:29 am

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/25170829/report-celtics-likely-to-get-offers-for-jared-sullinger-kelly-olynyk?FTAG=YHF8a562c3

Report: Celtics likely to get offers for Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk

by Shawn Krest | CBSSports.com
Fri, 01 May 2015 8:45 PM ET

Celtics forwards Jared Sullinger and Kelly Olynyk will be among the players most in demand over the offseason. Multiple league sources told CSN New England that those two players would garner heavy trade interest.

The two players on the roster least likely to be traded are reportedly guard Marcus Smart and center Tyler Zeller.

bob
MY NOTE:  Well, we knew when Kelly was drafted there would be competition for minutes at 4/5.  We talked, 2 years ago, about how this was all going to turn out.  Does Danny keep the prototypical PF with the bruising game inside, but who has a recurring weight problem and is undersized, or does he keep Dirk 2.0, who can stretch the floor, has the highest offensive/defensive differential on the team but who is defensively challenged?  Some of it, no doubt, will depend upon the offers.  One thing we can absolutely, positively count on from Trader Danny is that he will answer the phone.  The other thing is that we won't know what's really happening until it happens, or dies, and he's good-and-ready to tell us. Until then I don't believe a word out of his mouth anymore than I'd believe one of my friends I play poker with when he tells me he's got nothing.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Celtics likely to get offers for Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk Empty Re: Report: Celtics likely to get offers for Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk

Post by Sam Sat May 02, 2015 11:55 am

Couple this train of thought with the rumors about Demarcus Cousins being a trade target of Danny, and we get a very early hint (or is it a whiff?) of what an exciting offseason this could turn out to be.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Report: Celtics likely to get offers for Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk Empty Re: Report: Celtics likely to get offers for Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk

Post by wide clyde Sat May 02, 2015 12:05 pm

I can see either guy or even both traded this summer.  It certainly will have to do with others, as bob mentions, but there are lots of ways that Ainge can go relating to these guys.

If he can find a real center to go with Zeller, both of these guys could also be kept thinking that Bass may not return as I think that they will both improve before next season to be able to share the forward position since they both bring very different skill sets.  If they both come back the roster must be set up so that neither has to play very many minutes at the center position.

Both guys are still very salary friendly for other teams as well as the Celtics, so they do have significant value.  With Sullenger's injury history, I would say that Olynyk may already have made the most improvement even though he has been with the team for one less year.  But, depending upon the needs of other teams either guy could be coveted.

Certainly, a trade of either guy that brings back a fairly young starting center or an elite shooting forward will be very understandable and acceptable.  If both are traded bringing back Bass to play the power forward is something that I would quickly consider, and then fill in behind him with Jerebko.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat May 02, 2015 6:33 pm

It wouldn't be shocking if the Kings wanted Zeller included in a hypothetical deal for cousins, leaving Danny to scare up another backup center or once again force Sully and/or Kelly and/or Bass into playing a decision that is not optimal.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down