Comments From The Other Side - Wizards, Home

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Wizards, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - Wizards, Home

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:04 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2015/11/comments-from-other-side-wizards-11615.html

Strong candidate for the team we look back at and are amazed we rated them so highly I like Bostons squad but saw someone had them as 3rd in the east.

Analytics and stats people really rated them highly I think Kevin Pelton of ESPN had predicted them as 2nd or 3rd seed in the East with 48-50 wins.

I can get the reasoning behind why people thought they'd be good (and its early so they could be) They supposedly have some really good depth, and depth wins you games in the regular season. One thing that's killing them is that they’re 8th in 3PA at 26.5 per game but 26th in 3P% at 29.2%

Brad Stevens has the genius label so they're very trendy pick.  (MY NOTE:  "Genius" is always in vogue)

I would be open arms about young genius Coming over to DC. If he came along as KD comes home, then mission accomplished x1000.

Celtics seem to have a frontcourt issue, benched their opening day starters for Amir Johnson/Sullinger And Marcus Smart has a toe injury and might not play. Which would means Wall might be going against 5"9 Isaiah Thomas. I think the Wizards starters outplay the Celtics by a long shot but the Celtics depth keeps the game close til late in the 4th.

Don't understimate IT2 He’s smaller than almost everyone he plays and he still consistently balls out.

Thomas is one of the 20 most fun players in the nba full stop. One day he’s going to be a 6th man on a legit contender and it won’t shock me whatsoever if he wins a finals for them by going into god mode through the entire postseason Dudes making 7 million a year and giving Boston 80% of what kyrie Irving would give them

He is a certified #WizardsKiller

IT is a tough little handful... But if the Wizards lose this game it will be their fault. I watched the Celtics against the Spurs last weekend. The problem, as you alluded, is that there is no true Go-To Guy on this team. It is like the whole roster is made up of reasonably good 3-8 rotation players. PS I would love to have IT as a 6th man. He plays like an Angry Bird and is fun to watch.

Celtics off to a poor start, they will play this one with some sense of desperation. I want us to crush them honestly.

At least at the beginning of the year, Boston's Bench was better than Boston's starting 5. They may have moved Isiah Thomas and Johnson to the starting Unit, which would change things, as they appear to be their two biggest impact players. It's amazing how much success that team has had despite having so few players that make you think, "man, I want him starting on my team."

Put Amir Johnson, Kelly Olynyk & Isaiah Thomas on our team and I think we could win the East (mainly because I don't trust Love or Irving to stay healthy). I've loved all three players for years. Amir was a really underrated signing. He defends the paint extremely well and is smart offensively. Kelly is a gamer, just skilled and knows how to play. Isaiah is straight baller who gets points whenever he plays. Isaiah may be the best player under 6-0 ever. Imagine we had these guys instead of Neal, Hump & Blair.

Now is probably a good time to try to trade for Olynk. Doesn't look like he's going to succeed in Boston and they need to shorten their rotation.

I would love to trade for him, but I doubt they give him up for a first. Boston strikes me as a team trying to move away from asset acquisition and are trying to actually win games. I don't know what we could offer them to improve their team immediately.  (MY NOTE:  Gortat)

IT usually kills the Wizards

Yup. He gives Wall hell. Really wish we traded for him.

Really loathe the Cs, would be very nice to just wreck them.

This is one of those low key games That can and usually sneaks up on our Wizards. Can’t be too high from last win against the Spurs that we count out The Celts and killer Thomas

Not inconceivable that Boston finishes ahead of either us or ATL or even both So I don’t think it should be considered a trap game candidate.

It would take significant injuries on both teams for Boston to move ahead They have depth but not enough talent. They could easily miss the playoffs

I personally think the Celtics will be the 6 or 7 seed

Thomas is ALWAYS a tough guy for Wall to cover.

Oh Jesus, Joey Crawford reffing this one. FML.

Joey might go against the home crowd

If Sullinger is gonna be guarding Gortat, Wizards got to get the ball inside to him

Boston’s offense is garbage. We’re going to just outclass this team.

Gotta stop Sullinger

I hate these homer announcers

Sullinger is a poor 3 point shooter but of course he's knocking them down tonight

Sullinger + fastbreak = Boston offense

If KD2DC Doesn’t happen and Boston decides on Olynyk, Sullinger wouldn’t be too ridiculous of a free agent acquisition.

Ugh, Sullinger killing

Sullinger is a load no matter who is on him

Brad Stevens is a good coach

We won't win as long as we have Gotart, Hump and Nene on the team. Their just not athletic enough it that simple.

Well no sense in watching this mess. I hope we lose by 50. Adios (MY NOTE:  Must be a 26er fan traveling on business and confusing the uniforms)

About time a team took advantage of the careless turnovers and lack of rebounding

Pretty amazing that the 2nd quarter has been even worse than the first. That might be the only 3 that Rozier makes this season.

Typical Wizards. They beat a team that they shouldn't beat, then lose to a team they shouldn't lose to.

Jitterbug Thomas so hard to guard

Joe Crawford Needs to retire…..forrreal I don’t think the man can see two feet in front of him

Is there ANY way to switch broadcasts? These Celtics announcers are obnoxious

IT is sooo good. How old is he?

In his 50s

Right. Uh huh

I thought he was talking about the one who used to play for Detroit

I think I can score for Celtics if Wiz play defense like this.

We're going to comeback no worries

Turner just hit two straight contested threes. Not much more you can do there. The defense in general hasn’t been great at all, but it hasn’t been THATbad.

When Evan friggin Turner starts shootin like he's Steph damn Curry then you know we are in some trouble

The Celtics are really loaded with solid players

Can't tell If those are refs on the court or IT’s groupies

Turner is hitting everything!

I never thought I would see a release slower than Pierce's But Dudley has it.

Coach Stephens is impressive

I hate every game that Crawford refs Its always some stupid crap with his games

Hes not the reason why we are down by almost 30

I'm not blaming him, just saying weird things always happen when he refs our games Weird things like Evan Turner and Jared freaking Sullinger turning into unconscious shooters

Isiah Thomas and Evan Turner always look like HoFers against us.

Sullinger is fat and he's killing the Wizards starters.

Olynyk has lit up Nene.

Give credit to Boston for game-planning perfectly against us, their defense has been stifiling.

We are down f***ing 30 points

This comeback is about to be so sweet

Turner playing like he wants to prove he should of been #1 pick in 2010

Got the Celts right where we want 'em! I’m calling a win right now.

72 points given up! They arent the warriors

Jae Crowder has always been a clown Ever since at Marquette.

What missing A true center…7 footer that is mobile, shot blocker and can shoot three. The Celt drive into the paint with ease

Just about every team is missing that center

Relax, y'all...we got this They can't shoot 61% from the field all game

Says the guy who thought IT is 50 yrs old lmao

Kelly Olynyk +30 in 14 minutes

F*** that guy and his stupid hair.

Hey! We have the same hair...

Yours is nice tho it’s just kelly’s that we can’t stand because it’s his

How is sullinger outrebounding gortat!

This is a fluke game, they just can't miss Sullinger and Turner making 3’s is a massive fluke

Sullinger destroying em inside and out

Gortat is straight garbage this year

Some players you just don't like --- Evan Turner is that dude for me

Olynk having a great game unfortunately

Somebody say stretch 5?

Olynk, Turner, Sullinger, even Crowder at certain points Their whole team is going off

Wall let IT get in his head early...went downhill from there.

Maybe we can sub some of their players on our team

Hard to play a lights out team and the f***ing refs...smh

Wiz making Olnyk look like a young Johnny Havlicek

EVEN JEREBK0!!! Is having fun at our Expense

Turner just took a contested look with 2 wide open teammates. That’s why you’re a bust, Evan.

Not even He’s salvaged his career Imo, very solid 3 or 4th best player on a team

Mr Average may be the nicest thing Turner has been called in his career

Gave up 100 points in 3 quarters...

Home Shopping channel has a shampoo commercial...might be more entertaining

I can understand dropping a game to Boston, but getting smoked???

How bad is it Celtics are 0-10 in the 4th and we're still down 20 lol

The Nets are really gonna get the Celtics the #1 overall pick

Celtics still playing hard as hell this late in the game. I respect it.

Should we trade for zeller?

No. He sucks too.

Getting throttled by a treadmill BOS team is not ideal.

Boston has eight first round picks in the next three years and finished middle of the pack one year, I would hardly call them a treadmill team.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Wizards, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - Wizards, Home

Post by Outside Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Brad Stevens has the genius label so they're very trendy pick.  (MY NOTE:  "Genius" is always in vogue)

I would be open arms about young genius Coming over to DC.

Of course they'd be happy to have Stevens. This is their coach:

Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down