Mickey and Young Returning To Celtics After Brief Re-Assignment To Maine

+2
wide clyde
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Mickey and Young Returning To Celtics After Brief Re-Assignment To Maine Empty Mickey and Young Returning To Celtics After Brief Re-Assignment To Maine

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:16 pm

Chris Forsberg
ESPN Staff Writer

Boston Celtics rookie forward Jordan Mickey put up 20 points, 15 rebounds, and 9 blocks, while second-year swingman James Young scored 33 points during the Maine Red Claws’ intrasquad scrimmage on Sunday evening. The Celtics assigned both players to their D-League affiliate for additional reps while the parent club prepares for a brief one-game road trip to Milwaukee to play the Bucks on Tuesday night.

bob
MY NOTE:  I really, really like what I have seen of Mickey so far but having said that I think that these stats highlight just how big the difference is between NBA teams and D-league talent.  There is no way, NO WAY, that James Young could score 33 in an NBA game.  Even Mickey, with 15 boards and 9 blocks?!  This, to me, only serves to highlight that talent gap.  Sending these players to Maine is a good idea, to keep them fresh and working because they aren't getting minutes against NBA teams, but I am not going to ooh and ahh over these boxscore numbers.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Mickey and Young Returning To Celtics After Brief Re-Assignment To Maine Empty Re: Mickey and Young Returning To Celtics After Brief Re-Assignment To Maine

Post by wide clyde Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:07 pm

These two guys, especially Young, will be on the Boston to Portland shuffle for most of the season. Just part of being on a fairly young and deep team in the NBA.

Young may want to rent a room, though, because he is much more likely to be with the Red Claws much more often.
In fact, Ainge may have a place for him to stay in Portland already.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Mickey and Young Returning To Celtics After Brief Re-Assignment To Maine Empty Re: Mickey and Young Returning To Celtics After Brief Re-Assignment To Maine

Post by dboss Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:18 pm

I think in most years a guy like Mickey would be playing but there are too many PF on the team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:13 pm

If David Lee's game doesn't pick up or deteriorates I wouldn't be surprised to see Mickey gradually taking minutes from him. I hope Lee returns to his form of a few years ago, but it doesn't look good as of now.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:32 pm

dboss wrote:I think in most years a guy like Mickey would be playing but there are too many PF on the team.

I agree.

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:07 am

Young traveling with team, Mickey staying in Maine.

Smart out again tonight, so Young might be on active roster tonight

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/11/james_young_recalled_by_boston.html

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:15 pm

I fear that we're going to miss Jordan Mickey's defense tonight, though hopefully Jerebko can fill that role of athletics pf defender.

But I'm also excited for Young and interested in seeing his defense in a real game.

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Not sure how much time Young will get in any game that is not a blow out either way. He just does not seem to fit into anything that Stevens is trying to do in a close game.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down