Young and Mickey first game highlights

3 posters

Go down

Young and Mickey first game highlights Empty Young and Mickey first game highlights

Post by rambone Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:37 pm

Highlights: James Young drops 30 points in 2015 NBA D-League opener

Jordan Mickey (18 points) vs. the Knicks, 11/12/2015

rambone

Back to top Go down

Young and Mickey first game highlights Empty Re: Young and Mickey first game highlights

Post by rambone Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Celtics needs: 3 point shooting and long, athletic defenders.

Hmmm

rambone

Back to top Go down

Young and Mickey first game highlights Empty Re: Young and Mickey first game highlights

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:28 pm

I think I could develop the same kind of bromance with Jordan Mickey bobc has with RJ Hunter.

Young?  Not so sure.  He looks great against D-league talent but he has yet to show me anything in the bigs.  I have noticed some improvement in his game, especially in his defense, but enough?  Not so sure.  Any improvement in Young's defense just means he at least now plays some. Furthermore, comparing Young to RJ puts him at a disadvantage. Hunter's older, true, but he is also quite a bit more advanced at both ends.

Thanks for the links, rambone.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:36 pm

def hard to find minutes for these guys. Zeller out of the rotation would seem to help Mickey. I hope Brade gives him a shot one of these days against the athletic stretch 4s that have been killing the Celtics. Aldridge, Jordan Hill, Paul George, and whoever else I'm missing.

Lee's thriving off the bench now, so that doesn't help Mickey's case.

Some day a year or two from now I look forward to seeing
James Young get an extended look as a Paul George style stretch 4. He could end up as a truly explosive scorer against PFs, even if it's in a sub role off the bench.

Young's ball handling isn't super slick, but he has the quickness, length, athleticism, and quick release to probably score at will against PFs eventually.

Once Young gets fully comfortable at the NBA level, these skills are going to translate at SG, SF, and situational PF, especially in an uptempo offense where he's not overthinking things and can just fire away from 3 or attack the rim in transition.

His standing reach at the Combine was 8'8", while the average NBA Power Forward standing reach is 8'10".

Blake Griffin and Sully have 8'9" standing reach.

If Young gains another 10 lbs, he'll be just fine situationally against small ball PFs. And primo SF weight.

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:58 pm

This post had me laughing....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down