Young and Mickey Assigned To Red Claws

2 posters

Go down

Young and Mickey Assigned To Red Claws Empty Young and Mickey Assigned To Red Claws

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:41 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/11/boston_celtics_assign_james_yo_1.html#incart_river

Boston Celtics assign James Young, Jordan Mickey to Maine Red Claws

Young and Mickey Assigned To Red Claws 19071071-mmmain
Boston Celtics guard James Young (13) is fouled by New York Knicks forward Cleanthony Early, center, on a shot during the second half of a preseason NBA basketball game in Boston, Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015. At left is New York Knicks forward Kristaps Porzingis, of Latvia. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)

Print Email Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on November 03, 2015 at 6:40 PM, updated November 03, 2015 at 6:58 PM

BOSTON -- After practicing Tuesday with the Boston Celtics, rookie big man Jordan Mickey and second-year wing James Young were assigned to the team's D-League affiliate in Maine.

The Red Claws regular season does not begin for another nine days, but Mickey and Young should practice with the team Wednesday while the Celtics visit the Indiana Pacers. The wisdom behind the move is presumably that D-League training camp reps should be more valuable than watching other people play basketball.

Both youngsters have been inactive for each of the last two games, and could see plenty of D-League action if the NBA squad remains healthy. Young hasn't dressed yet this season, and Mickey currently trails five established big men on the depth chart.

On Twitter, he let everyone know an NBA career is a marathon:

Jordan Mickey ✔ @Jmickey_02
It's not about where you start at its about where you finish at
11:53 AM - 3 Nov 2015
 33 33 Retweets   41 41 likes

bob
MY NOTE:  We all know, by now, that Maine is where Celtics who are not getting game minutes are sent to keep them sharp and continue to learn the playbook.  Someone like Mickey, who is a rookie and just signed the biggest contract for a 2nd rounder in NBA history, might not see that.  I like his attitude, I like his tweet.  Good for him.  Patience, hard work, and give Trader Danny a chance to work his magic.

I'd love to know if that wild, off-balance shot that seems to be taken in the paint near the rim, actually went in for Young. So, we have a picture of an out-of-control Young and a positive tweet from Mickey. I know which one makes me feel better...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Young and Mickey Assigned To Red Claws Empty Re: Young and Mickey Assigned To Red Claws

Post by wide clyde Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:46 pm

Certainly not a surprising move by the Cs with either of these two guys. I would guess that they will spend a lot of time on route 95 this season at least until a few injuries occur simultaneously or a trade happens.

The other two rookies may also make some trips to Portland.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down