dboss
Outside
cowens/oldschool
steve3344
bobheckler
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official Brooklyn Nets Death Watch Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Brooklyn Nets Death Watch Thread

Post by steve3344 Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:02 am

The Warriors snuck into New Orleans tonight and put on Nets unis to beat the Pelicans 143-114.  143 points on the road and to win by 29?  We know the real Nets couldn't have done that.  Had to have been impostors.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

The Official Brooklyn Nets Death Watch Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Brooklyn Nets Death Watch Thread

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:55 am

steve3344 wrote:The Warriors snuck into New Orleans tonight and put on Nets unis to beat the Pelicans 143-114.  143 points on the road and to win by 29?  We know the real Nets couldn't have done that.  Had to have been impostors.

They play the Hornets in Charlotte today on the 2nd game of a back-to-back. We need Charlotte to turn them back into pumpkins before they start thinking they can actually win games. Hope is the thing with feathers, we need the Hornets to pluck that chicken clean and put it back in the pot.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:14 am

Scott Souza @Scott_Souza
yesterday
Miami upsets Golden State tonight. Brooklyn loses - now has at least 6 fewer wins (9) than next worst team in NBA (15). #Celtics #netspick
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:58 am

too bad theres no Embiid or Towns in this draft

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:35 am

I think Brooklyn is a lock for having the worst record.
If Miami wins at Brooklyn tomorrow night, that should be the nails in the coffin.

Cowens is right. There's no standout big men in this draft.
From what I have seen, the only player that has really impressed me is Markelle Fultz.
Josh Jackson, Dennis Smith and Lonzo Ball have played pretty well. Ball's shot motion is pretty scary and unorthodox.

I'm guessing that Fultz will be the star of this draft class.
The importance of getting the #1 pick could be much more significant than last year when you could have picked Simmons or Ingram.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:42 am

tjmakz wrote:I think Brooklyn is a lock for having the worst record.
If Miami wins at Brooklyn tomorrow night, that should be the nails in the coffin.

From what I have seen, the only player that has really impressed me is Markelle Fultz.
Josh Jackson, Dennis Smith and Lonzo Ball have played pretty well. Ball's shot motion is pretty scary and unorthodox.

The importance of getting the #1 pick could be much more significant than last year when you could have picked Simmons or Ingram.

TJ,

Which is why I'm thinking Danny is going to trade this pick for a high-quality veteran. Not only don't the top players fill a specific hole we have, we own Brooklyn's pick outright next year and the only help they are going to get is from our low-20's draft pick this year (I'm assuming no free agent worth a shit would sign with that dumpster fire just for the money. If they are quality they will be able to get the money anywhere). We could end up with the #1 pick again next year and the pickings might be better then. It also means that we can give our young'uns another year to mature.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:52 pm

1. Danny likes Zizic to remedy our needs at the 5 spot.
2. "I'm thinking Danny is going to trade this pick for a high-quality veteran"
3. We have needs for shooters at the 1, 2,3,4 spots
4. 2018 we'll also have a great draft pick.

It'll be interesting.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:03 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:I think Brooklyn is a lock for having the worst record.

TJ,

Which is why I'm thinking Danny is going to trade this pick for a high-quality veteran.  Not only don't the top players fill a specific hole we have, we own Brooklyn's pick outright next year and the only help they are going to get is from our low-20's draft pick this year (I'm assuming no free agent worth a shit would sign with that dumpster fire just for the money.  If they are quality they will be able to get the money anywhere).  We could end up with the #1 pick again next year and the pickings might be better then.  It also means that we can give our young'uns another year to mature.

bob

Bob,

Do you have any high quality veterans that you would like to see Boston acquire for their top 4 Brooklyn pick?

I think Boston should look to acquire Nic Vucevic from Orlando in some type of package.
He's big, talented and has two years left on his contract after this season.

I also think Boston should trade the pick.
Waiting for Brown, the 2017 pick and the 2018 pick to mature, who knows where IT and Bradley will be by then.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Brian Robb @CelticsHub
about 4 hours ago
Nets have lost 19 of 20 overall and are on pace to finish season with 15 wins. Suns (second worst record) already have 16 wins today.
reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE:  This means that, assuming nothing changes with Brooklyn, Phoenix could lose every game for the rest of the season and the Nyets would still have the worst record in the league.

God Bless You, Billy King, wherever you are!

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:43 pm

bob,

Wouldn't it be nice if the Nets could lose all the rest of their games? Such a feat could help them be a bad team again next season.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:02 pm

The Nets will be a lottery team again next year. I'm thinking Boston gets a top 5 pick.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Phoenix beat Sacramento on the road last night to get their 16th win.  Now every team has at least 7 more wins than the Nets.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:36 am

Since the Nyets started the season a surprisingly competitive 4-5, they are now 5-38 their last 43 games after losing at Charlotte tonight.  

That's more like it.  Celtic Nation is pleased.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:10 am

steve,

I just read where the Nets are possibly going to trade their best player and center (Lopez) by the trading deadline for draft picks and filler type players.

Such a move will further weaken them for both the rest of this year and also for next season as it would be very unlikely for any June '17 draft picks to make any kind of significant contribution next season.

Nets may be four to five years from being able to compete again.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 am

Any chance we get Lopez?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:45 pm

worcester wrote:Any chance we get Lopez?
There've been reports they want TWO first round picks for Lopez.  No chance they'll get that.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Why not the Minny pick and whomever else we have among our non-Nyets picks?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:12 pm

worcester wrote:Any chance we get Lopez?

worcester,

As far as I am concerned Brook Lopez is an older, more injury-prone and MUCH more expensive version of Jahlil Okafor. They are both gifted offensive players, but only out to mid-range, and are not particular good at defense.

If we're going that route, I'd go with Okafor.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:23 pm

But with our trading history with the Nyets, they may trade us Lopez in exchange for the Celts accepting Brooklyn's 2019 #1 draft pick and a bag of peanuts.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:24 pm

worcester wrote:But with our trading history with the Nyets, they may trade us Lopez in exchange for the Celts accepting Brooklyn's 2019 #1 draft pick and a bag of peanuts.

worcester,

Only if they think Danny has a serious peanut allergy.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:34 pm

That makes scents.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Nets lost again last night when they could not control anything at the end of the fourth quarter.

They (hopefully) will be just as bad again next season unless they totally open up the check books for about five free agents this summer. Even then, that many free agents may not be able to blend together enough
to get back into the middle of the pack.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:14 am

Phoenix beat Chicago last night, Brooklyn lost.

Phoenix now has 8 more wins than Brooklyn.  Considering Brooklyn only has a total of 9 wins through 54 games I'm feeling pretty damn confident we will have the best pingpong ball chance at #1.  For me to be wrong, Phoenix would have to lose every game from here on and Brooklyn would have to play over .750 ball the rest of the way (Brooklyn has 28 games left, if they win only 7 more that would give them 16 wins vs Phoenix's 17, which would still leave them dead last by one game.  21 wins out of 28 remaining games = .750 and they would still need one more win for Brooklyn and Phoenix to be tied, and that's assuming Phoenix loses every game, ergo > .750).  It's over, as far as the race to the bottom goes, now it's all in the hands of Red Auerbach pulling the strings from on high.

From now on I'm rooting for everybody playing Cleveland, Washington and Toronto and that includes Brooklyn.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:55 am

Go Nyets!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:04 pm

bobheckler wrote:Phoenix beat Chicago last night, Brooklyn lost.

Phoenix now has 8 more wins than Brooklyn.  Considering Brooklyn only has a total of 9 wins through 54 games I'm feeling pretty damn confident we will have the best pingpong ball chance at #1.  For me to be wrong, Phoenix would have to lose every game from here on and Brooklyn would have to play over .750 ball the rest of the way (Brooklyn has 28 games left, if they win only 7 more that would give them 16 wins vs Phoenix's 17, which would still leave them dead last by one game.  21 wins out of 28 remaining games = .750 and they would still need one more win for Brooklyn and Phoenix to be tied, and that's assuming Phoenix loses every game, ergo > .750).  It's over, as far as the race to the bottom goes, now it's all in the hands of Red Auerbach pulling the strings from on high.

From now on I'm rooting for everybody playing Cleveland, Washington and Toronto and that includes Brooklyn.

bob

Unbelievable that's been decided BEFORE the All-Star break.  No way we don't go into the lottery in the #1 position now.  I thought it might work out that way but never figured we'd know so soon.  Brooklyn has had a spectacular season.  For us.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next