dboss
bobheckler
23 posters

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Odds and Ends - Page 6 Empty Re: Odds and Ends

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:25 am

swish

You said Bird was ahead of his time, I would have to wholeheartedly agree, in his hey day, I used to marvel at the depth of his game, never saw a player that could do so many things so well, so complete. As a kid I loved all that Havlicek could do, then later Dr J and his acrobatic game were the rage. When Bird came in I was amazed at how much MORE he could do than Hondo and Dr J. He was the first stretch 4 as in his earlier years he played the PF position, he was also the first forward where the term point forward was used, as the offense always ran through him. His heroics in the clutch had never been done so many times over and over, until he came along. How many times did he rip 20 boards in a big playoff game? He had the post up game, he had the mid range game, he had the long ball, he could pass and create for others, it used to surprise me how well he ran the floor.....I'd say he was ahead of his time just alittle. I would say get him healthy, he could adapt his game and team to any situation.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:35 am

and he had toughness, an abundance of toughness

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:and he had toughness, an abundance of toughness

And he was ALL OURS !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:47 am

beat wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:and he had toughness, an abundance of toughness

And he was ALL OURS !!

beat

Yep! A down on the farm country hick.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:55 am

Sacto beat Indy last night.  Boogie with 48 on 17-29.  Would have had 50+ but he was 13-20 from the line.  He's 74% for the season. If he isn't the Second Coming of Pol Pot, I want him. Damn. If the only way that can happen is by prying him out of Vlade Divac's cold dead fingers, well...

Here's Rondo telling Boogie to stand in a corner and guard nobody in Sacto's win over Atlanta.  He knew they needed a 3.  Look at the Cousins face as Rondo is telling him to go to the corner. Funny. He's, like, "WTF?" As Chuck of Redsarmy.com said about Rondo "he's an asshole, but the dude knows the game".

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/z9pz.mp4

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:53 pm

btw, Steph Curry hit TWO outrageous shots vs Indy two days ago.  The first one didn't count because it was after the buzzer, but the 2nd one did.  Count or not, they are just freaking unreal.

And so is he. If he can see it, he can hit it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:21 pm

Watching the Spurs-Cav game. Spurs look OLD. No foot speed to stop fast breaks. Strictly half court. Not keeping Love or Thompson off the boards neither.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:18 am

Warriors won in Philly last eve, yes it was Philly and it was in Philly but they only won by 3 and the fact they won while making only 1 foul shot was a bit amazing, ( they shot 2 ) Philly was 11-20 from the stripe and if they had shot only 75 % they could have won based on final score (who knows how things would have actually played out )

Usually teams will go thru a poor spell, Warriors may have that but still be able to find a way, but they may only be an injury away from coming back to the pack.....a little.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:23 am

[quote="bobheckler"]Watching the Spurs-Cav game. Spurs look OLD. No foot speed to stop fast breaks. Strictly half court. Not keeping Love or Thompson off the boards neither.

bob

Bob

Yes they did look old and slow. The Cavs played with a lot more energy.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:26 am

Also watch OK and LSU.

Buddy Heild is a really good shooter though somewhat undersize. I am adding him to my wish list of SG that could be available in the draft.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:52 pm

Indy just went up 4 vs Cavs and the guy whos taking it to Cavs is Myles Turner, he is protecting the rim, grabbing boards, hes doing alot of bigman things that don't even show up on the boxscore and this kid DEFENDS....Paul George is 2-11 from field.
This was my pick if we could have gotten to 10 last year, I thought he would be there and he was, but NO we had to go for a useless playoff run. He has a jumper that is just going to get better and better and kid is already causing havoc with his defense right now!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:12 pm

Turner just blocked Lebron on a drive with his right hand fully extended for a dunk, that did NOT happen, you will see that on ESPN highlights. Turner with his first career double double....if I was GM we'd have gotten a damn big man, dats for sure !!!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:58 pm

dboss wrote:Also watch OK and LSU.

Buddy Heild is a really good shooter though somewhat undersize.  I am adding him to my wish list of SG that could be available in the draft.

Dboss

dboss,

Agreed.

I currently make the following the top 5 players expected to come out for the '16 draft, in order;

Simmons SF/PF LSU Fr.
Ingram SF Duke Fr.
Brown SG/SF Cal Fr.
Hield SG Oklahoma Sr.
Dunn, PG Providence Jr.

I also make that my top 5 wish list, in order. If we have a top 5 pick and walk away with one of these, I'm happy. Best odds presently would have to be Brown, Hield or Dunn.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:23 pm

If Danny can pull off deals to get both Howard and Gallinari would that be favorable?

Would that put the Celtics in contention to play for a Championship?

What would it take to get these deals done? Consider that it would probably require at least 2 of our top 7 players. and multiple draft picks.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:32 pm

It is almost time to start a Draft thread but like many of you I have been following potential players that may be a good fit for Boston.

I find Denzell Valentine as a very talented player.

As you know he is not projected to go in the top 10 but I think before the season is over he may rise.

This guy is averaging 19.9 ppp, 7.7 rebounds and 7.1 assists.  He shoots .447% from behind the arc and .84% from the line.  When I watched film on him the player that came to mind was Paul Pierce although Pierce is taller.

His ranking is hurt because they say he is not particularly athletic but if you watch him play he is one helluva basketball player and I think he would be an excellent addition to the Celtics.  

So if boston does not hit the jackpot at 1 or 2 they could still move down and get a guy like Valentine.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CutDzpGosho  Game against kansas

We may not resign Turner and this kid Valentine can do everything that Turner can do plus he is a better long range shooter.  

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:36 pm

I also forgot to mention that he is a Senior. Shame on him he stayed in school for 4 years.

But NBA ready right now

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:27 pm

Anybody out there want to see Mickey get some some minutes other than garbage time minutes?

I would love to see him get some rotation minutes so that we can really get a better feel for his abilities. The Celtics best 5 defenders are Smart, Bradley Crowder Johnson and Mickey. Mickey is not a 3 point shooter but can certainly make shots in the midrange area

I say give him 2 3 minute stints to see how he fits in. I think that he is going to be a great defender.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:41 pm

dboss wrote:Anybody out there want to see Mickey get some some minutes other than garbage time minutes?

I would love to see him get some rotation minutes so that we can really get a better feel for his abilities.  The Celtics best 5 defenders are Smart, Bradley Crowder Johnson and Mickey.  Mickey is not a 3 point shooter but can certainly make shots in the midrange area

I say give him 2 3 minute stints to see how he fits in.  I think that he is going to be a great defender.

dboss

dboss,

Who do you take minutes away from to give to Mickey?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:59 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:Anybody out there want to see Mickey get some some minutes other than garbage time minutes?

I would love to see him get some rotation minutes so that we can really get a better feel for his abilities.  The Celtics best 5 defenders are Smart, Bradley Crowder Johnson and Mickey.  Mickey is not a 3 point shooter but can certainly make shots in the midrange area

I say give him 2 3 minute stints to see how he fits in.  I think that he is going to be a great defender.

dboss

dboss,

bob

Amir's ALL OF THEM

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:44 pm

The Celtics have topped 121 points 3 times in Feb. after doing so just three times from Feb. 2011 to Jan. 2016.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:00 pm

bobheckler wrote:

dboss

dboss,

bob

I would have to say Jonas becasue his production is insignificant playing 13 MPG. Also Amir Joihnson while solid does not do a lot on offense for us. (7.4 ppg and 6.2 rebounds playing 23 MPG)

The Celtics guards/ wings are carrying the offense for the most part but come playoff time we need our bigs to score more points and grab nmore boards and block more shots.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Draymond Green celebrating a Stephen Curry shot before it goes in shows how ridiculous Curry has become

Scott Davis,Business Insider 9 hours ago Comments  Like  Reblog on Tumblr  Share  Tweet  Email

The Golden State Warriors became the quickest team to get to 5o wins in a season Monday night, beating the Atlanta Hawks 102-92.

In the process, Stephen Curry put up a standard performance for these days — a casual 36 points on 14-22 shooting, six rebounds, and eight assists.

Two of those 36 points came at the end of the first half, when Curry pretty much had his way with the Hawks. With the clock ticking down, Curry decided to take Hawks' point guard Jeff Teague one-on-one, and despite Teague's excellent defense, Curry managed to hit a contested, fade-away 22-foot shot after momentarily stumbling and losing his dribble.

Here's the shot:

While the shot itself is incredible, perhaps even more incredible is that Warriors forward Draymond Green already was celebrating it as it went up.

Odds and Ends - Page 6 Draymond_Green_celebrating_a_Stephen-d0aef45d84c6c65a654d3d8080cf6ffa
(Via NBA.com/Stats)

Also notable is Teague's reaction after the shot goes in — again, he played perfect defense.

Odds and Ends - Page 6 Draymond_Green_celebrating_a_Stephen-07b24d72a3d21d1d678f90b7dafa92f2

This is what Curry does to teams, and the Warriors, now 50-5, are looking more confident than ever.

bob
MY NOTE:  GSW is now the fastest team to 50 wins in NBA history.  They still have some tough games ahead, but 72-10 is definitely doable.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:47 pm

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/lillard-replies-klays-claim-warriors-loss-blazers-fluke?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Lillard replies to Klay's claim Warriors' loss to Blazers 'a fluke'

February 22, 2016, 10:45 am

Klay Thompson registered 32 points, seven rebounds, three assists and three steals on Saturday night in Los Angeles.

Following the Warriors' 115-112 win over the Clippers, he had some strong words regarding Golden State's performance the night prior.

"Any time you give up 137 points, it's a bad feeling," Klay said. "Especially when we let the best player go for 50. We had to do something about it tonight and I was just proud of the way we responded from the jump.

"We were out to prove a point that last night was a fluke."

On Friday night in Portland, the Warriors lost to the Blazers 137-105 -- the worst loss by a defending champion since the Miami Heat lost by 42 points to the Chicago Bulls in '06.

Damian Lillard poured in a career-high 51 points, the most ever by a Trail Blazer against the Warriors.

When the Oakland native heard about Klay's comments, he expressed his feelings with two tweets:

[POOLE: Rewind: Warriors in dead heat for wins record after blowout loss]

Damian Lillard ✔ ‎@Dame_Lillard
Yea Ight https://twitter.com/roderickhanlon/status/701500439204737024 …
12:34 PM - 21 Feb 2016
2,133 2,133 Retweets 1,876 1,876 likes

Damian Lillard ✔ ‎@Dame_Lillard
Doesn't matter what he's talkin bout... Nobody is above gettin beat. https://twitter.com/chefboyardones/status/701508728583880704 …
12:54 PM - 21 Feb 2016
640 640 Retweets 831 831 likes

Golden State (49-5) beat Portland (29-27), 128-108, on Jan. 8.

The Warriors host the Blazers on March 11 and April 3.

bob
MY NOTE: The Russell Celtics had the same attitude. When they lost they thought it was a mistake, a fluke.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Lillard replies to Klay's claim Warriors' loss to Blazers 'a fluke'

This is the way it's supposed to be. A championship-caliber team should think that a loss like that is a fluke, and Lilliard should take offense at the notion that it was just a fluke. I wouldn't want either guy thinking any other way.

A complete non-story. They play twice more (both times in Oakland), so the only thing remotely notable is that it could add a little edge to those meetings.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:50 am

Not to be overlooked, the other night Steph Curry broke Kyle Korver's NBA record for most consecutive games with a 3ptr. 128 consecutive games.

And oh, btw, he also scored 51 in that game on 20-27 shooting, shooting 10-15 from 3.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next