REPORT: CELTICS, RED SOX DISCUSSING A GAME AT FENWAY PARK

3 posters

Go down

REPORT: CELTICS, RED SOX DISCUSSING A GAME AT FENWAY PARK Empty REPORT: CELTICS, RED SOX DISCUSSING A GAME AT FENWAY PARK

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:06 pm

REPORT: CELTICS, RED SOX DISCUSSING A GAME AT FENWAY PARK

WEEI

By Ben Rohrbach

You know when you’re shoveling your driveway, your neighbor breaks out the snowblower, and you hop in the car to high-tail it to the nearest Home Depot to keep up with Joneses?

That seems to be the approach the Celtics are taking to a potential outdoor game at Fenway Park. After the Boston Bruins played in front of 67,246 fans at the New England Patriots‘ Gillette Stadium, their TD Garden cohabitants are reportedly interested in doing the same.

‘I’ve gotten into it. I really do like the idea,’Celtics president of business operations Rich Gotham told The Boston Globe on Monday. I think if you can find a way to sort of differentiate the game and make it fun for fans, that's a great thing. And the Winter Classic certainly does that. Even when Fenway stages certain events, like football games, it just makes it more special for people involved and the fans. I think if you can do it, great. At the same time, my job requires me to be pragmatic, so you’€™d need to look at the hurdles.’

Gotham and Red Sox counterpart Sam Kennedy have discussed the possibility, according to the Globe, although there are a number of obstacles that may make it a long shot. Due to the obvious weather concerns, the game would most likely have to be played at the beginning or the end of the NBA’s regular season, when the Sox could also be using the facilities.

Back to top Go down

REPORT: CELTICS, RED SOX DISCUSSING A GAME AT FENWAY PARK Empty Re: REPORT: CELTICS, RED SOX DISCUSSING A GAME AT FENWAY PARK

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:13 pm

WHAT WILL THE EGG HEADS THINK OF NEXT.  MOST RIDICULOUS IDEA I HAVE HEARD YET.

YA I WANT TO WATCH A GAME WHERE I AM  10 MILES FROM COURT SIDE AND WATCH ANTS RUNNING AROUND..............................WHAT IF THERE IS A BRISK WIND OFF OF BOSTON HARBOR AT ABOUT 25 MILES AN HOUR AND IT AFFECTS SHOOTING AND AN OUTCOME OF A GAME.

THE NOVELTY OF IT ALL IS BULL SHXT!!!!!!

LET'S KEEP BASKETBALL IN WHERE IT WAS INTENDED TO BE PLAYED ...IN DOORS!!!!!

Back to top Go down

REPORT: CELTICS, RED SOX DISCUSSING A GAME AT FENWAY PARK Empty Re: REPORT: CELTICS, RED SOX DISCUSSING A GAME AT FENWAY PARK

Post by gyso Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:22 pm

I want to see a Red Sox game at the Garden!!!

GetYourSoxOn!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:29 pm

HOW DO THEY GET THE GREEN MONSTER INSIDE?

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:42 pm

112288 wrote:HOW DO THEY GET THE GREEN MONSTER INSIDE?

Wicked big crowhah.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:05 pm

I think it would have to be a preseason game, and I certainly would attend just for the novelty of the idea. Now I have to start working on my ticket connection because I want to sit in the Monster seats!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down