Basketball-reference.com gives Celtics better chance of winning title than Clippers

4 posters

Go down

Basketball-reference.com gives Celtics better chance of winning title than Clippers Empty Basketball-reference.com gives Celtics better chance of winning title than Clippers

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:36 am

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.cgi

Pct. chance to win Finals:

39.3% San Antonio
37.1% Golden State
 8.3% Cleveland
 4.5% Oklahoma City
 3.8% Toronto
 2.7% Boston
1.7% Los Angeles Clippers

Last edited by steve3344 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:31 am; edited 2 times in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Basketball-reference.com gives Celtics better chance of winning title than Clippers Empty Re: Basketball-reference.com gives Celtics better chance of winning title than Clippers

Post by tjmakz Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:30 am

I don't think these odds are because Basketball Reference thinks Boston is better than the Clippers. Having to get past San Antonio and Golden State compared to Toronto and Cleveland is the reason why the Clippers championship odds are so low.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Basketball-reference.com gives Celtics better chance of winning title than Clippers Empty Re: Basketball-reference.com gives Celtics better chance of winning title than Clippers

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:34 am

The biggest joke of their predictions is they think Phoenix will win eight more games the rest of the year.

I'll take the under.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:50 am

tjmakz wrote:I don't think these odds are because Basketball Reference thinks Boston is better than the Clippers. Having to get past San Antonio and Golden State compared to Toronto and Cleveland is the reason why the Clippers championship odds are so low.

Hey tj - Your Lakers are a 2 point favorite over the Nyets tonight. We're all Laker fans for a day!

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:10 am

Thanks Steve

I've been going to that website for a few years for info and never knew they had that stuff there.

I went to the link they had for the lottery /draft and I think they had us getting #4, 16 and 24 picks.

of course that's AFTER we beat a strife ridden Cleveland team in the East finals and lose to SA in the NBA finals!!!

Very Happy

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:56 am

steve3344 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:I don't think these odds are because Basketball Reference thinks Boston is better than the Clippers. Having to get past San Antonio and Golden State compared to Toronto and Cleveland is the reason why the Clippers championship odds are so low.

Hey tj - Your Lakers are a 2 point favorite over the Nyets tonight.  We're all Laker fans for a day!

I wouldn't mind the Lakers losing a close game to the Nets...
I am pretty pleased how this lousy season has played out.
The angry/fiery Kobe has turned into a calm leader of the young guys.
Clarkson, Russell and Randle have seen significant playing time and are playing much better.
It is important for the Lakers to finish no lower than #2.
With a 4 1/2 game difference between LA and Phoenix, I expect them to stay in the #2 spot.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:44 am

Last night was a very good game for the Lakers young guys.
Russell 39 points (most by a rookie in 4 years)
Randle 14 and 14
Clarkson 16/7/7

Brooklyn still has 4 more games to go on their 9 game road trip, but over the next two weeks, they have a number very winnable games. They play Denver, Minnesota, Toronto, Milwaukee and Philadelphia twice.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:20 pm

tjmakz

The Laker youth movement is progressing nicely and with a very high draft pick coming up in June I look for the Lakers to be back in the thick of things rather quickly. Add tons of free agency money available this summer along with the lure of Southern California (Hollywood) and I suspect that the lean years will be over rather quickly for Laker fans.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:53 pm

swish wrote:tjmakz

The Laker youth movement is progressing nicely and with a very high draft pick coming up in June I look for the Lakers to be back in the thick of things rather quickly.  Add tons of free agency money available this summer along with the lure of Southern California (Hollywood) and I suspect that the lean years will be over rather quickly for Laker fans.

swish

Swish,

Yes things will soon be looking up for Lakers fans.
I really like their young core of Russell, Randle, Clarkson and Nance.
If they add a Simmons or Ingram then can sign Durant or DeRozan and Whiteside or Horford, they will be a very strong team for years.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down