Kendrick Perkins: Boston Celtics 'a little bit' like 2008 championship team

Go down

Kendrick Perkins: Boston Celtics 'a little bit' like 2008 championship team Empty Kendrick Perkins: Boston Celtics 'a little bit' like 2008 championship team

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:54 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/04/kendrick_perkins_boston_celtic.html

Kendrick Perkins: Boston Celtics 'a little bit' like 2008 championship team

Kendrick Perkins: Boston Celtics 'a little bit' like 2008 championship team 20087829-mmmain
New Orleans Pelicans center Kendrick Perkins (5) drives against Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard (12) during the first half of an NBA basketball game Saturday, Dec. 26, 2015, in New Orleans. (AP Photo/Jonathan Bachman)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on April 06, 2016 at 7:38 PM, updated April 07, 2016 at 1:32 AM

BOSTON -- Hard-nosed Kendrick Perkins said he would have liked playing with this season's Boston Celtics and threw out a lofty comparison to his championship team from eight years ago.

"They remind me a little bit of the '08 team in that they don't want to disappoint their teammates," Perkins said Wednesday night before visiting the Celtics, his former club. "You can tell when one guy goes to help. It's very impressive to watch."

Asked about the Celtics defense, Perkins, now with the New Orleans Pelicans, said he puts the unit in his top five around the league.

"You watch them – they're not taking no possessions off," he said. "And the crazy thing is when they come in off the bench with Marcus Smart, Kelly Olynyk, they're not losing anything."

"They ballin'," Perkins added. "They are a scary team to go against in the playoffs. You can feel they enjoy playing with each other. They play at a high level. They've got a lot of young talent. I watched when they beat Golden State and they were very impressive. I'll tell you what -- that Isaiah Thomas is playing at a high level right now."

"Avery (Bradley) is playing at a high level. Probably one of the better defensive guards. Sully (Jared Sullinger) is playing at a high level too. I like Jae Crowder. I think he's the heart and soul of this team. Guys feed off him. He brings that tenacity that you need. They have a nice team."

Crowder's the same guy Perkins targeted during last year's playoffs.

"I don't remember that," said the big man.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down