Comments From The Other Side - Heat, Home

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Heat, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - Heat, Home

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Here is what I wrote, at the end of the 3rd quarter on the Game On thread last night:  "Win or lose, I cannot wait to read the Comments from the Other Side tomorrow."

Oh, this is SO good today...I believe, and please correct me again if I'm wrong Berlin, this is what is called "schadenfreude".

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2016/04/comments-from-other-side-heat-41316.html

Wouldn’t it just be wiser to lose the game and meet the Hawks? Very unlikely the Hawks or Hornets lose tonight. So if we win, we play Boston with homecourt. If we lose, we likely fall to sixth and face the Hawks. I definitely think we match up better with Atlanta. Much better!

I’m expecting the worst — Boston is 18-3 over their last 21 at home, they’ll be rested, and it’s the 2nd of a road back-to-back for us. However…players are saying they are going at it like it’s a game 7, do-or-die. So I expect a great game in any case!

I feel we should look at this game as our first playoff game. Let's treat it like game 1

Mike Callahan, Brian Forte, Eric Lewis your referees for tonight's Heat-Celtics

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................................................................................................

I have a feeling we get beat down in the garden UNLESS..........Wade absolutely torches the green men. I hope he his ready and brings his A game. WHITESIDE should be able to feast as well but his D will be suspect tonight because of the matchup with sullinger who mainly likes to shoot jumpers.

Man I hope we take as serious as the Celtics are going to take it

Cool win yesterday but Tbh this is an L ... Just being real (I said we would win yesterday too). Hopefully I'm wrong but if I'm right let's go wizards

I just want us to stay healthy... Deep down. We look like absolute **** on back to backs

Funny,Boston Celtics fans wants to play the heat first round

& Heat fans don't want to face Boston

Heat are the more talented team.  They've got bonafide all stars on the team and veteran savy - Celtics are overachieving role players with not much experience.  We got this and would sweep them in the playoffs where experience counts more.  

More reason to win then. I hope that's who we play. The big three Celts had our number plenty of times. Would be nice to knock them out.

It's more about Atlanta being an awful matchup for the Celtics. Plus C's are 2-0 vs the Heat. There's no real easy opponent out of Hawks, Heat, and Hornets (although they're out of play for us now I think).

Celtics has a significant coaching advantage, but Miami has a more talented roster overall. Really tough matchup overall.

We WILL WIN, tonight. I have a good feeling about it! Last night, I seen something different in this team. They know what's at stake. 3rd SEED is ours.

Let's destroy those green fool's

The Hawks are more playoff tested than Boston Some of those Bos guys have never played in the playoffs before – I hope we give them a rude awakening

Hey , are you guys nervous?

Not really...just preparing myself for a lot of no calls on the Celtics by Forte. Boston has won their last 10 with Forte.

Just win. No excuses. The talent discrepancy is too big. Their second best player is frickin Avery Bradley.

And yet if we lose, they'd have the same exact record as us.

What irks me is they have no viable rim protection and we haven't been able to take advantage of it. Their perimeter defense is good though with Avery and Smart.

Whiteside has to dominate for us to have a chance Celtics centers trash

Gotta watch out for Evan turner tonight

Thomas is gonna have a field day with Dragic.

I have no faith in us to win tonight. ZERO.

If somebody farts on Thomas he goes flying

Man, Boston plays excellent defense Respect for them

Big reason for us to win, Boston always gets a super friendly whistle in Boston. That wasn't a foul on Dragic, Thomas ran into his teammate.

Whoa, IT is playing bad defense for the Celtics...I mean REAL BAD

One thing Boston and Boston fans don’t realize is they beat us without Joe Johnson, without the new rejuvinated Whiteside (like night and day his improvement from earlier) and of course Jrich, who you just saw … We are just plain better than before. But mad respect for Boston….they are good.

I wasn't so happy about the fact getting 3rd probably means playing Boston But if this is how we can play them i’ll feel much better about it

Celtics are a group of no talent hacks.  Brad Stevens has had them overachieving all season but this game proves that Spo is the better coach and we are the better team.  I'll be happy to face them in the PO.  

Boston picking wrong time to play bad

Stevens so overrated - Spo coaching circles around him!  

LOL 22 point lead They won’t miss forever, they’ll make a run, Isiah Thomas will got hot.

Boston on the verge of losing their last three games by double digits to the three teams they were competing for seeding with Ew

Battle of the big booties, sullinger and jj

Sullinger is actually fat as hell.

Thomas ran into his teammate and tripped, but game is in Boston so they had to call a foul or the fans would have freaked. Refs get super intimidated by Boston fans, its aggravating.

Somebody wave some chicken wings in the crowd.....distract sullinger

Celtics don't seem interested in playing defense. Abuse 'em.

I get nervous when we get a big lead

NO DEFENSE from Boston!

Richardson roughing up IT. I love it!! Don't let that little bug get comfortable

Sullinger is such a fat **** lmao

Spo outcoaching Brad right now! GOOD

I haven't seen us play this well in the 1st quarter since LeBron years. That. Was. Terrific.

Brad Stevens looks shook. Spo ou tcoach this fool.

the celtics are not getting back on defense. Too busy trying to get orebs. That will kill them in the playoffs.

Isiah Thomas only guy iworry about lighting it up

Evan turner jay crowder Avery Bradley role type players amazing they have this record

Anyone following the Celtics board? I’m curious how many of them are dumb enough to be criticizing Stephens like we do Spo.

Sully can't hang with Whieisde.

Third straight game the vaunted Celtics are getting smacked? They won't be an easy playoff matchup, this is the team we want to avoid.?

Lol why can't we play like this every game?

Winslow looking better than Lebron

we have caught the C's in a slump but in a 7 game series hmm, who knows. Especially since people like IT and Jae dont have it going

Hassan swatting that little fly IT

Whiteside laughing at how small IT is he's just a bug

Justise Winslow probably looks like he's worth 6 draft picks to Danny Ainge right about now

LMAO Hack-a-Hassan Brad Stevens is an idiot lol

Lmao Whiteside with the double thumbs up towards the Boston Bench after the free throws

I smh at myself for being a bit worried about this Celtics team for the past few weeks. Shrinking on the big stage THIS bad? They're not ready.

They beat golden state, and were overhyped up since.

We've had a good start but we've blown leads like this before against crappier teams. We have won NOTHING yet, so hold off on the celebration.

I can't believe that people were afraid of this team. They have an obese man starting at center...

I'd still want to avoid them if we could but they're inevitable at this point, I've got a little confidence if we can continue like this

Jae Crowder is a big part of Boston's decline Hasn’t shot 50% in a single game since returning from injury.

This is such a Heat thing to do Build a giant lead and slowly collapse

Dam wades killing us

Apparently the Celtics can bump and grind from 1/2 court all of a sudden....this doesnt look good

Never seen such a collapse on an important final heat game

Getting hacked like crazy with no calls will make you tentative in the paint

Who still wants to face Boston in round 1?

As I have been saying. Heat want no part of Boston at home or on the road. Hawks are overrated as usual and we can take them in six with or without home court. End of story. It looks like Atlanta will lose anyhow so we might be in trouble.

They refuse to go inside now. This team is a joke.

Most embarrassing quarter in Miami Heat history No way this team is ready for the playoffs.

so Marcus Smart does a major flop and creates a skirmish lol

Leave McRoberts in Boston. Scrub

Celtics getting back to what works for them while we are getting away from what worked for us.

what a disgusting 6 minutes.....I hope we lose

wow this team lacks mental toughness. very sad

Can we fire Spo now. Proof the guy is a no talent hack.   (MY NOTE:  This is hilarious after they were saying the exact opposite earlier)

this is why i dont want to face boston

Brad Stevens has to be laughing inside....

Now you see why people don't want the Celtics? They score QUICKLY, way more than we ever can

They're shutting us down with a 3-2 zone and trapping on the wings

I swear to **** god Spo is a **** coach. Everyone out coaches this dumb ass.

I hate playing these try hard teams. So annoying.

Huge coaching advantage for Boston. Spoelstra is an actor.

One team has a real basketball coach who's paid his dues. We have a film intern who's Riley's pet project

celtics just own us

Wade looks old

This team is pure trash, pure.

what a mental collapse from the Heat against this team AGAIN! Really Evan Turner is going to beat us?

Where was all this Boston s**t talk in the first half? Front-running punks. I will definitely celebrate their elimination from the Playoffs this year.

We do not want the Celtics in the playoffs.

I'd rather play the Hawks without Homecourt than the Celtics with homecourt...

Wade **** sucks

We are the veteran team and we are gonna lose this game to a young inexperienced team because our guys won't keep their cool and because our coach is inept and can't adjust.

Fortunately for us, Atlanta choking ever harder.

It's sad when you have to rely on another team to do what you couldn't do! Thanks Washington? .

Excellent adjustment by Brad Stevens and a fantastic execution by the Celtics.

This is the best case scenario right now....we stay out of the Cavs path till the ECF....put the Celtics into the Cavs bracket...and face the Hornets and then the Raptors/Pacers....

This team is just a lot better than us That’s the reality. We blew them out in the first, but if you were watching – they missed a ton of easy shots and didn’t look like they were playing hard. When they’re on their game and we’re on ours – they’re better than us. This is the one team we definitely do not want to play in the postseason – I’ve been saying it for the last 2 months and I’m saying it again. They’ll sweep us in the postseason.

5 point quarter. Is this real life?

LOL at you guys thinking Spo will get fired. Until Riley retires, this ass clown is our coach

We **** the bed, and somehow come out better than if we won this game.

Spo is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers! That was the most devastating stealth tank I've ever seen.

Yea I never wanted to see these guys in a playoff game they are well coached and very athletic

Heat get third seed and don’t have to play Boston! Woo-hoo!

Wow We are still the 3 seed Don't deserve it but I will take it anything to avoid Celtics in the first round

Hat tip to Boston They really put on a show in the 2nd half. They’ve got something good going on up there.

The other good news Boston rips Atlanta – then Cleveland gets to visit the Celtic buzzsaw  (MY NOTE:  "the Celtic buzzsaw".  I like it)

Boston was sucking in the first half and it wasn't even this bad

As if I didn't hate these Celtics enough, wow......

What I said earlier about the Celtics can now be applied to the heat. Just smh.

The Celtics hadn't quit all year, no surprise here

I am totally wrong with Brad Stevens, he destroyed the dynamic duo of Chris Quinn and Erick Spo, hands down to him.

Blown off the floor by this overachieving bunch of scrubs. Totally Pathetic.

Atlanta gonna beat Boston in the 1st round Imo. They don't match up well against them.  (MY NOTE:  Truthfully, this is my fear)

I hope Atlanta destroys them.

You gotta give Boston credit though for fighting back against the odds and outcoaching us in the end

MIAMI TRASHED THE CELTICS TO SHOW THEM THEY CANT **** WIT US THAN TANKED IN THE 2ND HALF TO GIVE THE CAVS THE HARDER TEAMS

You'd be surprised how many Heat fans are trying to console themselves with this let down coming up with conspiracy theories about the Heat losing in the 2nd half on purpose because they saw the ATL score lol

Yep, 3rd seed at the cost of loss of moral confidence on a lost 20+ point lead

The Celtics just gave any team that plays us the blueprint to shutting down our offense RIGHT before the start of the playoffs.

I agree with you about the blueprint part, but then again, not every team is as determined &well-coached as the Celts.

Spo not as good a coach as we thought. Good thing Atlanta will eliminate Boston in the first round.

Lets just be glad we are avoiding the Celtics. Hate the Celtics or not, they are very well coached and play great defense. Possibility we are a first exit though, very possible.

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/720433582326591488

Boston has now won 11 games in a row when Brian Forte is officiating.

The Celtics' 26-point comeback was the largest of the season in the NBA.

https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/720429074024235011

Brad Stevens is a bad dude and has the pulse of his team and is a motivator ..He owns Spo this year 3 double digit wins....

Spo is not as good a coach as brad Stevens. Glad we are not playing them in the playoffs.

I'm not mad about losing this game at all because I want no parts of Boston in the 1st round.

I'm NOt even mad lol . You don't score 62 to score 22 in the next half without actually trying to tank. Spo is a genius give this guy coach of the year. Now we play bobcats instead of Celtics ... Pure genius

We don't deserve the 3 seed after this wtf We should be forced to play the Celtics in the playoffs. Lets see what these idiots do then

Sorry Boston try-hards, but we got the seed we wanted, AND avoided you in the first round. I ain't even mad about this rigged-a** game. We got the result we wanted.

Why were both teams missing so bad on that side of the court? I declare shenanigans.

The Celtics are definitely a lot better than we are.

I want nothing to do with C's. Brad Stevens with a good roster, will win a title.

Brad Stevens with this roster wins a chip.

Spo with that Celtics roster is fighting for worst record in the nba

Stevens took a team of nobodies and rejects and made them something. Don't undermine that.

Game was rigged. The league couldn't have their precious Celtics lose with all of their crusty "legends" in the house.

Boston would be a better match up for the Cavs but I don't think Boston can get by Atlanta

It takes a lot of talent to score just 5 points in a quarter in a meaningful game.

I think we lost on purpose. I'm not sure what the score of the Hawks Wizard game at halftime but we played a completely different game in the second half. We shot outside shots and ISO Joe was our offense. Something was up, that's all I'm saying. We crushed Boston in the 1st half.

I'll just assume we're joking on this 5 point 3rd quarter being a deliberate "tossing the game"

Sorry. Maybe that’s the post game excuse – but if you’re going to drop a game for seeding, you lose by a bucket or two at the end. You don’t let them totally embarrass you with the biggest comeback of the year and the worst 3rd Qtr in Heat history.

Wade on the Celtics: "That's not our opponent in the playoffs, so it doesn't matter."

Just hope we avoid whoever reffed tonight and Tony brothers.

Speaking from past experience none of this regular season 'momentum' matters in the post season. In 09 we went into the playoffs on fire while the Celtics limped in, in the midst of a down season. Guess what happened? They kicked our asses in 5.

Celts/Hawks could be a good series. Don't know who should take it.

I want BOS out of the playoffs !

Really weird loss. All I can say it I'm glad we're not facing the C's in the first round.

I really don't think I've ever felt so emotionally conflicted after a game. I need a psychiatrist to help me work things out.  (MY NOTE:  Tell me about it)

Ask yourself this would you rather Wade go head to head with 3 all NBA defense level defenders the Celtics have and wear him down or play the Hornets?

I doubt they tanked. When you're embarrassing a team that you might face in the playoffs on their own floor I doubt you look around at halftime and say ok we proved our point, now let's lose this game so we don't face these guys. No usually as a competitor you wan't to beat the team that gives you fits.

Don't fool yourself, we lost cuz we sucked.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Heat, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - Heat, Home

Post by Berlin-T Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi Bob,

No other word could be more appropriate than "Schadenfreude".

You hit it on the head.  Razz

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down