wideclyde
Shamrock1000
sinus007
bobheckler
swish
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----  Empty The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----

Post by swish Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:31 pm

conference is hopefully based on a quick end to James brilliant career - he's 32 years old. Don't hold your breath. Unlike the early years (50's and early 60's) players in their mid- thirties can and do still thrive.
 Below is a list of players that averaged 60 games,25 minutes and 17 points per game at the ages of 33 to 37 years old.
 Note James is 32 and Jordan was 34 when he retired.

http://bkref.com/tiny/Z3w0h

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----  Empty Re: The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:36 pm

IT COULD COME SOONER THAN YOU THINK:

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

Kyrie Irving requests a trade from Cavs, sources told ESPN. LeBron James was blindsided and is disappointed:

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Sources: In the Kyrie Irving meeting with Cavs, one of primary teams raised as a preferred trade destination for him: The San Antonio Spurs.
1:17 PM · Jul 21, 2017

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----  Empty Re: The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----

Post by sinus007 Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi,
Can we get him? Should we?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:IT COULD COME SOONER THAN YOU THINK:

Kyrie Irving requests a trade from Cavs, sources told ESPN. LeBron James was blindsided and is disappointed:

Sources: In the Kyrie Irving meeting with Cavs, one of primary teams raised as a preferred trade destination for him: The San Antonio Spurs.

bob

Just saw this. Crazy!!!

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:30 pm

[quote="bobheckler"]IT COULD COME SOONER THAN YOU THINK:

bob

Locked up for another 2 years with the Cavs with a 3rd year as a player option - and if the Cavs were to trade him it's more than likely that they would get back equal value in a trade.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:35 pm

It would seem that Cleveland will have to trade Irving now that his unhappiness there has gotten out since there is no chance to repair the bridge with LeBron for him to stay in Cleveland.

The Cavs will not get as much for him now that they have to trade him which is certainly good for the Cs whether they have any interest in this guy or not.

AK asks if we should try to get him, absolutely great question. Depending upon his contract ($ and length) would anyone trade Thomas for him?

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Wants to go to the spurs ? How about Irving for Leonard ?

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Swish,

The two players you mentioned may be somewhat equal in what they can bring to a team, but why would San Antonio give up their best player when I am sure that they would much prefer to add another star player to play along side of Leonard.

I would doubt that Cleveland gets equal talent for Irving due to 'having' to move him. Perhaps they can get 50 cents on the dollar for him with the situation they have suddenly found themselves.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:46 pm

This could play out a few different ways:

1) Cavs and LeBron smooth things over. Maybe they let Kyrie know LeBron is leaving next year, and after that, the team is his. Cavs remain favorite in the east.

2) Cavs trade Kyrie. I don't see how they could get equal value, so even if LeBron stays, Cavs will be worse. Celtics could overtake Cleveland. You can bet NY offers Melo for Kyrie.

3) Cavs know LBJ is leaving after this year, so they trade LeBron and give the team to Kyrie. No possible way Cavs get equal return on Bron. Celtics move ahead of the Cavs.

4) Kyrie stands on his demand for a trade. LeBron sees Cleveland as a dumpster fire and demands a trade as well. Cleveland goes into complete rebuild. Celtics are overwhelming favorites to win the east.

I didn't even cover any scenarios where the Celtics make a play for Kyrie or LeBron (I know you are all hissing, but put LeBron on the Celtics, and they could beat GSW).

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 pm

wideclyde wrote:Swish,

The two players you mentioned may be somewhat equal in what they can bring to a team, but why would San Antonio give up their best player when I am sure that they would much prefer to add another star player to play along side of Leonard.

I would doubt that Cleveland gets equal talent for Irving due to 'having' to move him.  Perhaps they can get 50 cents on the dollar for him with the situation they have suddenly found themselves.

wideclyde,

They don't have to move him. They have him under contract for at least 2 more years.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Trade Kyrie for Melo and picks. Melo picks up Kyrie's scoring, and Rose starts at PG.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Does anyone know why Kyrie asked to be traded?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:39 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Does anyone know why Kyrie asked to be traded?

The press I saw said he is tired of the Cavs being Lebron's team, that he wants his own team.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:33 pm

Another case of the inmate trying to take over the asylum.  Over-paid baby whose first and last words are probably "me."

And people though Durant was disloyal?

If I'm Cleveland, with 2 years still on his contract, no way I move him this season. But I might tell him shut up and play. Owners need to take a harder line with this kind of thing. It's already out of hand and the owners themselves share in a good amount of the blame.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:00 am

Time for ownership to take control - I say take one for the team or ride the bench.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:10 am

Play him every single minute of every single game. Ride him hard from post to wire.  

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:05 am

The Cavs are now likely to lose both James and Irving.

The Irving revelation is bizarre.  All the fist bumping and head patting was a bunch of bullshit.

As the 4 destinations fluff up their pillows for Irving's arrival, James must feel sick knowing that his Lil Bro has one-uped him.

Bottom line Celtics fans, tickets to the NBA Finals will have our brand printed on them.  You hate to have players on other teams get injured in order for you to move past them but this does not apply to the self-inflicted knife wounds that have a zombie like character to them.  Slice off a finger or two.  Poke one of your eyes out.  Jump off of a building head first.  Swallow a bucket of Drano.

You can't make this stuff up.

Irving's revelation opens the sports world into the mind of a guy whose brain rests on the surface of a basketball court, flat as a pancake and devoid of any depth.

Please do not even suggest that an IT/Kyrieeee trade would be beneficial.

Most Likely destination is Miami or the Knicks.  Do you think Pop needs a "this is my team" guy when he has Leonard?  Do you think Thibs wants to add a toxicologist to the staff to tend to Irving?

Lebron James is leaving the Cavs because no matter what they do at this point, the recipe has a Do Not Use sign written all over it.  The Expiration date has come and gone.

Celtics fans can take great pride in knowing that our team has been built on the foundation of collective work and responsibility.  A simple but easily understood notion that no one player is bigger than the team.

Now let's go compete for # 18.  

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:08 am

Dboss, thanks for such a well written post.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:10 am

worcester wrote:Dboss, thanks for such a well written post.

Thanks Worcester

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:31 am

dboss wrote:The Cavs are now likely to lose both James and Irving.

The Irving revelation is bizarre.  All the fist bumping and head patting was a bunch of bullshit.

As the 4 destinations fluff up their pillows for Irving's arrival, James must feel sick knowing that his Lil Bro has one-uped him.

Bottom line Celtics fans, tickets to the NBA Finals will have our brand printed on them.  You hate to have players on other teams get injured in order for you to move past them but this does not apply to the self-inflicted knife wounds that have a zombie like character to them.  Slice off a finger or two.  Poke one of your eyes out.  Jump off of a building head first.  Swallow a bucket of Drano.

You can't make this stuff up.

Irving's revelation opens the sports world into the mind of a guy whose brain rests on the surface of a basketball court, flat as a pancake and devoid of any depth.

Please do not even suggest that an IT/Kyrieeee trade would be beneficial.

Most Likely destination is Miami or the Knicks.  Do you think Pop needs a "this is my team" guy when he has Leonard?  Do you think Thibs wants to add a toxicologist to the staff to tend to Irving?

Lebron James is leaving the Cavs because no matter what they do at this point, the recipe has a Do Not Use sign written all over it.  The Expiration date has come and gone.

Celtics fans can take great pride in knowing that our team has been built on the foundation of collective work and responsibility.  A simple but easily understood notion that no one player is bigger than the team.

Now let's go compete for # 18.  

dboss

dboss,

Excellent. Loved the prose as well as the thoughts behind it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:02 pm

beat wrote:Play him every single minute of every single game. Ride him hard from post to wire.  

beat

beat,

I like your horse racing analogy - to which I'll add - he's from a good barn and just needs a good trainer to set him straight.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:32 pm

maybe not this year though?

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/report-blockbuster-three-way-trade-would-send-irving-knicks-anthony-cavs

Jordan Schultz of Yahoo Sports says the trade being discussed has Irving and Tyson Chandler going to the Knicks,

the Suns landing Kevin Love and Frank Ntilikina, the 18-year-old French guard who was the Knicks' top pick in the June draft,

and the Cavs getting Carmelo Anthony and Eric Bledsoe.

Suns look like they get the shaft in this trade to me. But if Cleveland can get Melo and Bledsoe, they will still be a very tough team.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm from Missouri on that one.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:06 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/clevelands-dysfunction-may-cost-cavaliers-one-star-183038136.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:55 pm

swish wrote:I'm from Missouri on that one.

swish

Show me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next