wideclyde
Shamrock1000
sinus007
bobheckler
swish
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----  - Page 3 Empty Re: The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----

Post by gyso Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:55 am

bobc33 wrote:Now we just need Steph Curry to be inspired by Irving's foolhardiness and the way will soon be clear.......

Shocked

Very Happy

Razz

cheers

Back to top Go down

The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----  - Page 3 Empty Re: The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:43 am

gyso wrote:
bobc33 wrote:Now we just need Steph Curry to be inspired by Irving's foolhardiness and the way will soon be clear.......

Shocked

Very Happy

Razz

cheers

gyso and bob,

Not going to happen.

There were seveal reasons why KD went to GSW, not necessarily in this order:

1.  To get away from Westbrook.
2.  Because he was good friends with Draymond Green, who was texting him and lobbying for him to come to GSW.
3.  Because Steph Curry communicated with him, during the free agent mating season, and told him that he (Curry) didn't care about who made more money or who had the higher scoring average or who won awards.  He just cared about winning.

Since then, KD took a pay cut to stay with GSW and enable them to retain Iggy.

The disease that afflicted the Cavs will not impact the GSW as long as Steph Curry is on that team, and and he isn't going anywhere...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:07 am

bobheckler wrote:
gyso wrote:

Shocked

Very Happy

Razz

cheers

gyso and bob,

Not going to happen.

There were seveal reasons why KD went to GSW, not necessarily in this order:

1.  To get away from Westbrook.
2.  Because he was good friends with Draymond Green, who was texting him and lobbying for him to come to GSW.
3.  Because Steph Curry communicated with him, during the free agent mating season, and told him that he (Curry) didn't care about who made more money or who had the higher scoring average or who won awards.  He just cared about winning.

Since then, KD took a pay cut to stay with GSW and enable them to retain Iggy.

The disease that afflicted the Cavs will not impact the GSW as long as Steph Curry is on that team, and and he isn't going anywhere...

bob

bob,

So sorry if you thought we even considered that that would happen.  The four emoticons I used were not do much for what he said, but were more for what was behind the words and humor, as well as for the steps my mind went through as I grokked what he wrote.

Initial shock that he would post that.
Oh, no.  That was funny.
No, that was funny as hell!
OMG, that was pretty much the post of the day!

Those were my four steps to enlightenment as to what BobC posted.

Of course Steph would never do that.  Steph is intelligent, thoughtful and a total team player. A perfect example of a player who would NOT do what Irving did. On the other hand, Irving is ignorant, selfish and a me-baller.

One last thing, Steph absolutely does not think the earth is flat, as does Irving.  Steph thinks the earth is round, like the pizza! (JK)

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:48 am

Now that the Cavs have signed Rose it will be easier for them to move away from Irving.

Irving may have his preferred list of teams but he has very little leverage. The Cavs will try to maximize their return however teams may be less than aggressive in what they are willing to offer given the circumstances.

I think a trade with the Knicks is the likely direction. Melo wants to play with Lebron. The Knicks will need to once again trade away future picks to make this deal work.

If you add Melo the Cavs will be right in the mix again.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:32 am

Yes my tongue was planted firmly in cheek on my previous post which of course can't be noticed on a post.   Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:17 am

bobc33 wrote:Yes my tongue was planted firmly in cheek on my previous post which of course can't be noticed on a post.   Wink

Yes, it eventually dawned on me that your post was meant to be humorous.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:16 pm

dboss wrote:Now that the Cavs have signed Rose it will be easier for them to move away from Irving.

Irving may have his preferred list of teams but he has very little leverage.  The Cavs will try to maximize their return however teams may be less than aggressive in what they are willing to offer given the circumstances.  

I think a trade with the Knicks is the likely direction.  Melo wants to play with Lebron.  The Knicks will need to once again trade away future picks to make this deal work.

dboss

who do you think Cavs would send back to NY to complete that trade?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:37 pm

dboss wrote:Now that the Cavs have signed Rose it will be easier for them to move away from Irving.

Irving may have his preferred list of teams but he has very little leverage.  The Cavs will try to maximize their return however teams may be less than aggressive in what they are willing to offer given the circumstances.  

I think a trade with the Knicks is the likely direction.  Melo wants to play with Lebron.  The Knicks will need to once again trade away future picks to make this deal work.

dboss

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking. Team chemistry for the Cavs could actually be better. D-rose and Melo will be so grateful to get out off NY and probably just want a ring at this point - thus much more amenable to defering to LeBron.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:48 pm

dboss

dboss,

Good point. Way too soon to bury the Cavs.

If they go the Knicks route, can keep Rose healthy enough to duplicate or better last season, and add Carmelo's scoring, they're going to be hard to stop again.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:50 am

Does Cleveland get to play with two balls, or is there still only one?

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:00 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Does Cleveland get to play with two balls, or is there still only one?

Each guy on Cleveland gets to play with two balls.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Well played Steve.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:45 pm

The end of the Cavs rule in the eastern----  - Page 3 DFvrwZLUwAEkC56

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedGreen Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:05 am

kdp59 wrote:maybe not this year though?

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/report-blockbuster-three-way-trade-would-send-irving-knicks-anthony-cavs

Jordan Schultz of Yahoo Sports says the trade being discussed has Irving and Tyson Chandler going to the Knicks,

the Suns landing Kevin Love and Frank Ntilikina, the 18-year-old French guard who was the Knicks' top pick in the June draft,

and the Cavs getting Carmelo Anthony and Eric Bledsoe.

Suns look like they get the shaft in this trade to me. But if Cleveland can get Melo and Bledsoe, they will still be a very tough team.

But Bledsoe is worse than Irving and Melo is worse than Love

If I were Cleveland I'd just keep Love and trade Irving and JR Smith, two guys who have worn out their welcome (or maybe Shumpert instead of Smith if that is LeBron's preference) for Bledsoe, Chandler, Jared Dudley and a protected 1st rd pick. A pick the Cavs would probably not get in 2018 when the Suns should still be picking top 7, but hopefully one they'd get it in 2019 when LBJ might be gone and the Suns might be good enough to be picking in the 8-14 range.
BleedGreen
BleedGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3