revised roster with minutes projections

4 posters

Go down

revised roster with minutes projections Empty revised roster with minutes projections

Post by kdp59 Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:16 am

Horford- 2400- 30 min/G
Baynes- 1200- 15/G
Theis- 800-10/G
Morris- 2400- 30/G
Yabusele- 500
Ojeleye- 100
Hayward- 2400- 30/G
Tatum- 1400- 18/G
Nader- 100
Jaylen- 1800- 22/G
Smart- 2400- 30/G
Irving-2400-30/G
Rozier- 1300- 15/G
Larkin- 500

one spot open

Starters:
Horford
Morris
Hayward
Smart
Irving

Bench in order of min:
Jaylen
Tatum
Rozier
Baynes
Theis

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

revised roster with minutes projections Empty Re: revised roster with minutes projections

Post by NYCelt Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:33 pm

kdp,

First off, my complements. We all enjoy looking forward and taking a shot at what might happen in the next play, game or season. For me, at least, I don't know that I could put enough focus and thought into projecting minutes like this. You obviously got whatever detail gene I'm missing.

Given what we know about the possible roster so far, I'd say both your projected lineup and playing time estimates seem to be as good and realistic an estimate as possible.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

revised roster with minutes projections Empty Re: revised roster with minutes projections

Post by ginoc Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:51 pm

I like more of Brown and less of Smart, but I'd love that Brown, Tatum and Rozier get significant playing time.

Ojeleye and The Dancing Bear would be better off in Portland.

ginoc

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:12 pm

kdp59 wrote:Horford- 2400- 30 min/G
Baynes- 1200- 15/G
Theis- 800-10/G
Morris- 2400- 30/G
Yabusele- 500
Ojeleye- 100
Hayward- 2400- 30/G
Tatum- 1400- 18/G
Nader- 100
Jaylen- 1800- 22/G
Smart- 2400- 30/G
Irving-2400-30/G
Rozier- 1300- 15/G
Larkin- 500

one spot open

Starters:
Horford
Morris
Hayward
Smart
Irving

Bench in order of min:
Jaylen
Tatum
Rozier
Baynes
Theis

kdp,

Second off, I concur with NYCelt about looking forward to seeing your projections (he beat me to the punch and got "first off").

I think Theis will get more minutes than you are allotting him, especially if there isn't a trade for another big.  He averaged 19.7mpg last year, I think after his learning curve flattens out a bit he'll get more than that.  A DPOY, in any league, will earn minutes in the NBA.  For the same reason I think your numbers for Yabby are probably within a few hundred of right.  His defense will be what keeps him off the floor.  To be consistent, I think Semi will get more than Yabby because his defense is better.  I'd also inch Rozier's numbers up some too.  Without Bradley to guard the other team's speed merchant that job will fall to Rozier and Larkin, with Rozier getting the lion share of those minutes.

I'm also going to go out on a limb  (until Danny makes another trade and makes this whole exercise moot) and say Jaylen will start most of the time because Brad will want a ball-handler on the floor for the 2nd unit and if that isn't Larkin then it will be Smart and that moves Jaylen up.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:28 am

I guess I see Rozier and option as a ball handler. Not a ball dominate one, which fits more into Brad's system.

I also see Smart's defense needed with the first unit.

Bobby Jones Theis could certainly play much more than I am thinking now. Hard to say without ever seeing how he fits in for me.

Like most I would like to see another big for deep depth (cough, Zeller, cough)...but we'll see how that plays out  I suppose.

I do hope some of the shock of this trade is passing and more are becoming at least resigned to it.

to be honest I am shocked there has not been more of a melt down by Celtics fans. Thomas had become a beloved player here  with his grit and his embracing  of the Celtics way. Crowder has been considered to be the glue of the gritty team we had the past couple of years.

Both men are a loss for us for sure. But that Celtic team is now gone. Danny and Brad seemed to feel we HAD to get better level talent to compete at the highest level.

This coming year I am thinking of as Brad's THIRD Celtics team.

first one was the mess he inherited after the Nets' trade.

second was the "grit and grind" team of  over achievers the past couple of years.

this team with Hayward and Irving on board is Brad's third Celtic team. Hopefully , it we will look back at it as the Championship group. At the least it should the "contending group"
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down