Celtic Sunrise: Positively negative thoughts

Go down

Celtic Sunrise: Positively negative thoughts Empty Celtic Sunrise: Positively negative thoughts

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:02 pm

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/11/2/16596570/celtic-sunrise-positively-negative-boston-celtics

Celtic Sunrise: Positively negative thoughts

I have a lot of problems with this team.

by [url=https://www.sbnation.com/users/Jeff Clark]Jeff Clark[/url]@celticsblog  Nov 2, 2017, 7:00am EDT

Celtic Sunrise: Positively negative thoughts Usa_today_10385856.0
Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports

It occurs to me that I’ve been very positive in these Celtic Sunrise posts. Nobody respects a “journalist” that only writes good things about a team, so here’s my attempt to provide some glass half empty views on this team.

Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum are progressing too quickly.

I mean, slow down guys. Pace yourselves. You’re making me look bad for preaching patience and managing expectations. Jaylen is supposed to struggle with his shooting and play a limited role in the offense. Tatum is supposed to be a sieve on defense and stop the ball in isolation too much. All this heady team play and strong defense is going to make people too excited.

The Celtics have given up 750 points this season!

Granted, that works out to 93.75 per game which is the 2nd least in the league, but still. Look at all those points. Why are these teams being allowed to score so much? If the other team is scoring, then someone on defense didn’t do their job and they should be held accountable.

What’s with all these rebounds?

This year’s team ranks in the top 10 in rebounds thus far. I just finished convincing myself that rebounds don’t matter anymore. Transition defense, that’s what’s important, right? Good teams don’t always rebound well, right? So now all of a sudden we’re long and athletic and grabbing boards like they matter again? So annoying.

Kyrie Irving and Al Horford are too good

I spent much of the last several years “hating” Kyrie because of the laundry he was wearing and I thought everyone decided that Al Horford was an overpaid stiff. Now they performing Jedi mind tricks and Vulcan mind melds and I’m so confused that I’m mixing science fiction metaphors.

That’s all I’ve got for today. Maybe I’ll have more to complain about tomorrow.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down