Bradley ribs X-ray negative; status unknown for tomorrow in Detroit

Go down

Bradley ribs X-ray negative; status unknown for tomorrow in Detroit Empty Bradley ribs X-ray negative; status unknown for tomorrow in Detroit

Post by 112288 Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 pm

By Mark Murphy / Boston Herald

The Celtics were able to breathe a little easier today with the news that a second X-ray raken of Avery Bradley's bruised ribs was negative.

Though Bradley didn't take part in today's practice open practice for the families of New England Bapstist Hospital employees, he is expected to travel with the team to Detroit for tomorrow night's game against the Pistons, followed by a game in Cleveland on Tuesday.

Bradley suffered the injury during Wednesday's loss to the Hornets, when he caught a shot in the ribs by New Orleans center Robin Lopez.

"He just didn’t improve," Doc Rivers said of Bradley, who missed Friday's overtime loss to the Bulls. "He told me he felt much better, and then he told me today that he felt the same. That’s not an improvement.

"They (wanted) to make sure it’s not cracked, though (the first) X-ray showed it wasn’t," said the Celtics coach. "I think he’ll travel. Those things can get better overnight, and then you can play." ... Rivers and Co. have three problems with the controversial jump ball call on Paul Pierce with nine seconds left in regulation, and the Celtics leading by two points, Friday night.

In asking the league to review the play, the team is claiming that A. Pierce was fouled, B. Rajon Rondo could be seen directly in front of referee Marc Davis calling for a timeout before referee Sean Corbin signalled for a jump ball, and C. the much smaller Jimmy Butler was the player who actually tied up Pierce, and not Joakim Noah, who eventually won the tap against Pierce.

Not that there will be any rewards, beyond giving the league a heads up.

"It's to make me feel better," said Rivers.

Lest anyone forget, it was Rondo's bump of Davis in Game 1 of last year's first round in Atlanta that earned the Celtics point guard a one-game suspension.

Asked if Rondo's history with officials is hurting him, Rivers said, "I don’t know. That’s your call. Rondo played pretty well last night, so I don’t think he was affected."

Back to top Go down