Comments From The Other Side - vs Knicks, Away

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Knicks, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Knicks, Away

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:25 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2017/12/comments-from-other-side-knicks-122117.html?m=1

Porzingis: Celtics won’t fool me again

Wish KP hadn't said that, its just bulletin board material for the other team.

This is one game Kristaps Porzingis desperately doesn’t want to miss — not after the way he performed the first time the Knicks faced the Celtics.

I don't think we have the firepower to hang with Boston but a max effort should make this a good game. Fingers crossed

Boston have lost two in a row, I think, so they'll be pretty determined to get the win- not sure I fancy our chances!

The thing Boston does so well against kp is the double team, they come extremely quick.

This is actually the right time to face them. If the Knicks play tough and make the C's earn everything they will not be as confident as they were when they were just steamrolling teams. That's how losing streaks happen for good teams.

Celtics great rivals? Yes. Villains.... Nah. That said please destroy their concept of basketball Beasley.

Would like to see brad Stevens shed a tear when Beasley makes the most incomprehensible mad scientist descisions on the court and finally gets to 12 With a game winning bounce passin into the basket.

Boston is inherently villainous.

KP has to beat Horford this time Last time horford held him to just 12 points

I think the Celtics are pissed about last night’s game and are coming to take it out on us.

This team is everything we wish we were. Terrible match up.

F*** that they still aren't winning the title with Kyrie as their best player and Tatum is nice but he's nowhere near KP's level as a young player. Horford is going to fall off sooner rather than later and that contract sucks I don't care how well he's playing right now.... Yeah they're playing well but they are the definition of a really good regular season team that will only have modest playoff success and now they don't even have the Bk picks to fall back on to get that true superstar....

Tatum is 19 and they have jaylen brown who's young and promising too. Plus they get Hayward back next year

Beating Boston this year is the NBA finals for me. I really hope KP has one of those games.

Ok Jaylen brown is just an average player at this point. Maybe he gets to star status but most likely not because he has too many offensive limitations. Ok Tatum is 19 but he's not on KP's level as a prospect. He'll be a good player not great similar to the aforementioned Gordon Hayward who is losing a year of his suddenly dwindling prime due to an unfortunate injury.

The Celtics have one of the most favorable team building situations in the league. They get the Lakers pick this year if it 2-5 if not they get the better of Philly or Sac in 2019. They have Jaylen Brown and Tatum who are giving starter quality production on a rookie scale. Horford is playing like an all star and only has 2 more years on his deal. Then you have Kyrie and Hayward both a few years under 30. Their worst contract is probably Hayward but all his money comes in his prime years

I hate Boston but objectively they will be tough to beat over the next 2-3 years.

Let's be real here, Tatum (19) and Brown (21) are two winning type, two way Players who will be cornerstones for Boston for about 10 years or more. Everything they do has to be seen in high regard as they are doing it on a contending Team right now. Another huge plus for Boston is Brad Stevens, he is one of the best Young Coaching minds in the Business. They got their future set up very nicely...

Tatum is a 2-way player?

Maybe meaning he's good at both righty and lefty layups?

Yeah, he absolutely is. Even during college last year, there were some who wrongly said he wasn't a good defender. He was. Never understood why so many people didn't like him.

Boston is in such a fantastic shape it's almost scary.
They have 2 future stars in brown and tatum. Both under 22 years old and already very good.
They have a 25 year old franchise player.
They have a future top 5 pick and possible next real talent.
They have another 2 additional first round picks from LAC and MEM.
They have one of the best coaches in the league .
They have a winning culture.

Don't see future stars in either of them. Maybe if Tatum hits his best case scenario. But I see him as more of a Gordon Hayward type than an actual "star" Hayward's great but again you're not winning anything serious with him as your best player. Brown will be a nice 2 way role player/starter but again not a star and his 3 point shooting numbers are starting to regress back to where I think he should be

Knicks 140 Celtics 60. KP with 50 pts 20 rebs and 10 blks.

We should've traded frank and whg for Kyrie when we had the chance...

It will be the 3rd game in 4 days for Boston and b2b game as well - that should be a decent edge for Knicks.

This version of KP will eat Marcus Smart's lunch. Let's see if Brad Stevens is arrogant enough to put him on KP again. Easy mid range jumpers all night...

Tatum is Carmelo with a good luck (to have a genius coach and a great franchise).

I think Tatum is good, very good even. But he's not Carmelo, that's an insult to Carmelo (offensively). We forget how dominant a scorer Melo was, I can't see Tatum approaching anything like that. I think Tatum has actually became a TAD overrated. Again, he's very very good, but I hear the second coming of Melo, Pierce, etc. Gotta pump the breaks a bit.

I still think it's crazy how people on this board wanted no parts of tatum in the draft threads. Smh. I'd kill to get this dude here

Boston is not that scary but they have a great coach and great D. We need to be on point. If Al is locking up KP by himself we're in for a long night.

I say we win this game since its a home game.

Another home game ? Dam are we going to be away for the whole last half of the season ?

Tatum is overrated af. Nothing screams superstar potential. Hes nowhere elite scoring as well.

he's been pretty elite this year as a rookie (even in a limited role). As his role expands, which it will, his efficiency will probably dip a little but he'll be handling a much bigger load and will still do damn well. Tatum is a legit two way stud.

I want this game so bad.

Comments From The Other Side - vs Knicks, Away Tumblr_omy8dgCFEi1vbcnq8o1_500

I sense an epic win.

Sensing a blowout here if Frank can somehow lock up MSG Kyrie

Kp reallllyyyy struggles against the Celtics man.

Baynes doesn't have the footwork to stay with Enes.

MSG crowds are mostly dead nowadays, it's kinda sad

Celtics D is stifling

LOL @ a knick yelling "shoot it" to Marcus smart 🤣

Kyrie D is laughable right now

A knick keeps yelling at Marcus smart to shoot it and I want to know who.

Celtics look tired.

Yeah, you could see it Kyrie's face.

Wow what a move by tatum

I wouldn't mind Smart on the Knicks

Boston got some thick players

Lmao Smart is going to destroy Frank, hopefully he stays aggressive and doesn't think too much

Damn, Smart is taking Frank's lunch on every possession.

Stevens with the early Kyrie sub ugh

Tatum a beast on defense too

Kyrie just ridiculous

Warms my heart seeing Michael Sweetney out there still playing for the Celtics

Kyrie just hits the most bullsh*t shots sometimes

The Celts' second team sucks

Boston still dragging from last night

Well this couldn't have been going better. Forfeit, Celtics. Please.

Celtics are bad at rebounding, no? Well, Horford is pretty bad so that kind of makes the Celtics starting unit bad.

Outworking Boston

Nice move by Tatum

This Boston lineup is scrubtastic

I miss Clyde right now McHale sucks.

They are only shooting 35% Not sure that is our defense or their second game in two nights

I didn't think 0-10 was possible what if KP never hits another shot ever again

Well he also really struggles against Horford, Horford does a really good job he’s also one of the few quick and big enough to bother KP

****ing Mahcus Smaht

Boston commentators are such homers At least try not to say "we"

McHale is a ****, Celtics homer--hated him as a player too. He sabotoged Jeremy Lin when Lin wound up with the Rockets

Our franchise player and the second leading scorer are playing injured and put, respectively but thin Celtics are "dealing with a lot of injuries." Gtfoh.

They do have a lot of injuries to be fair I have not heard of some of those bench players they had out there

Who the hell stole KPs powers tonight…

Brad. By putting Al on KP with actual game plan.

Kristaps must check for Brad Stevens under his bed at night

Kyrie is a hacker

Celts play very good D. Need to counter with the same defensive effort.

Holy crap baker is on Irving even when he doesn't have the ball.

Literally take beasley out and never play him again

Beasley is such a spaz.  He has one good game per year and OKC was it.  

We want tatum -clap clap clap- we want tatum - clap clap clap-

KP gifting the Knicks a beautiful draft pick MERRY KRISTAPS EVERYONE

Hows that no foul on Smart

My god Baynes plays like he is drunk.

Kyrie pisses me off

Kanter wont be allowed to enter Boston after tonight

Someone must have slipped KP some unicorn tranquilizer.

Beasley must be high.  Get him off the court and keep him there.  

Horford is one of the few players that can properly guard KP Big enough that he can't shoot over him or post up easily Laterally quick enough that he can't take him off the dribble And most importantly, smart enough to know what to do and when to do it

Stevens an elite coach. Jeff is mediocre. This game is hard to watch

I hate that Stevens stagger Kyrie against our bench ugh

Keep Frank on Kyrie forever.

Brad Stevens has some kind of sick mind control on KP, the Celtics own him.

Hopefully C's are tired in 4th quarter

Taytum is good

Looks like Beasley is the true number 1 option for this team!!!!!

Knicks #11 > Boston #11

Frank might be the best defensive guard in the league already.

BAN Celtics for excessive flopping

Smack that dude's mask, smack Tatum's pinky, stop playing nice.

Winning on the back of Beasley smfhh.

Kyrie is scared too.

Don't care who carries us cant let the garbtics get this one and we need it for the playoffs

Beasley is the rich man's Melo

Brad Stevens the Genius of Basketball absolutely clueless on how to stop Knicks fringe man

Perry's phone gonna be going off with calls for Beasley Trade him to the Cavs for the Nets pick

If Beas had stayed off weed, he could have had an All Star level career, maybe superstar. But fun loving was more important to him than greatness.

I wouldn't trade Beasley for LeBron man

Trade kp and build around Beas (MY NOTE: YOU wanted the Brooklyn pick? How about the Laker pick?)

Frank the kyrie stopper

Kyrie the consummate BALLHOG

When McHale says refs suck in favor of knicks you know sh** is ****Ed

Kyrie can't handle Frank

Lmao Beasley is destroying these playoff teams

Tatum is smooth

the 76ers got fleeced so hard on the taytum trade

Frank has absolutely shut Kyrie down and has messed up their whole flow on offense in the second half

Kyrie is unstoppable

There is really no reason KP doesn't get the same ref treatment that rookie Tatum gets,

Refs didn’t blow the whistle on Beasley’s 8-second violation just now. I’m surprised, they always seem to call that nitpicky shit as the game is winding down

This is a good win. The Celts are no joke.

Beasley always had the talent. Former 2nd overall pick. It seems like his mind has finally caught up with his potential

I would wager our squad smokes the most marijuanas per 100 possessions in the NBA

We all saw what happened in Indiana. This aint over til it's over.

Yea...Smart definitely didn't foul him there. Was just tryna give him a hug.

Tough to hold the ball when smart is grabbing you arm

"Tanking means kicking some Leprechauns in the head and flattening some Kyries where I come from"

Comments From The Other Side - vs Knicks, Away Maxresdefault

Smart is too dirty for my liking

Brad Steven's secret playbook: Iso Kyrie 3pt shot

Boston is a little bit overrated.

A little but no jaylen brown and Marcus morris hurts...let alone Hayward injury

I'll give em Jaylen but dudes went on like a 14 game win streak without Hayward. meh

U know beasley gonna smoke some sour after the game

how's that different from every other game? Laughing

The Knicks are having their least dramatic season in years despite employing a fugitive wanted by a dictator for treason

Beasley is the best player in the NBA

NY bench > BOS starters tonight. Smile

Comments From The Other Side - vs Knicks, Away Maxresdefault

Celtics have been awful on offense the past few weeks, thus 4-5 record, it's our D but their O sucked more, even before this game.

Does anybody know Kyrie's stats when Frank was guarding him? I don't recall him scoring and the only shot attempts I remember was the missed layup to end the 3rd and the 3pt shot at the end of the game

How do you know Earth is round? When you cant see the rim guarded by Frank

Jeff outcoached the exalted brad Stevens

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down